Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? That's the actual topic?

Wow...

Well, at least it included guns. . . . something neither your response nor JGarden's did. My goodness I got the word "gun" in there, twice now. . . . that makes me 2x as on topic ;)

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Well, at least it included guns. . . . something neither your response nor JGarden's did. My goodness I got the word "gun" in there, twice now. . . . that makes me 2x as on topic ;)
Again I am brought to disbelief...

Wow... Just wow.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Again I am brought to disbelief...

Wow... Just wow.

63699_10200233084052562_1993333494_n.jpg

The little guy is responsible for more deaths in America . . . . funny huh? Well, at least it was on topic.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Um no, you seem to be mistaken about this word "insurrectionist" let me help.
Insurrection - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Therefore, any group attempting to use force to undermine or infringe on the US Constitution, would be insurrectionists. Loyalists would be the more appropriate term for the NRA and military you seem to enjoy denigrating.

Um, no. The government would still be "a civil authority" and "an established government." Whether or not you think it's overstepping its bounds at any given time, you guys would still be the ones revolting.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point. It's YOU GUYS - the ones who are planning for the overthrow of a tyrannical government - who are worried that some percentage of the military is going to turn on the populous. You levy that charge against Quincunx, but he (and other progressives) aren't the ones who believe this scenario is going to play out in the first place. If you're looking for someone with an unflattering opinion of the military, look in the mirror.

-Dan.

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Um, no. The government would still be "a civil authority" and "an established government." Whether or not you think it's overstepping its bounds at any given time, you guys would still be the ones revolting.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point. It's YOU GUYS - the ones who are planning for the overthrow of a tyrannical government - who are worried that some percentage of the military is going to turn on the populous. You levy that charge against Quincunx, but he (and other progressives) aren't the ones who believe this scenario is going to play out in the first place. If you're looking for someone with an unflattering opinion of the military, look in the mirror.

-Dan.

Not to mention that if the military joins the side of those who are uprising, then it isn't really a government crackdown, it's partly a military coup. The government can't crackdown on its citizens if it has no control of the military.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Not to mention that if the military joins the side of those who are uprising, then it isn't really a government crackdown, it's partly a military coup. The government can't crackdown on its citizens if it has no control of the military.

1. A more likely scenario is some defections or a full blown civil war, rather than the entire military mutinying.

2. I'm more worried about the police or Federal agencies than the military cracking down on citizens. As others have said elsewhere "the police are the standing army the Founding Fathers warned us about". I don't think the military would get involved, one way or another, until after that happens.

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nothing that bad will happen if so called "assault weapons" are banned again. Only thing is nothing good will come from banning them either. It's just a political show our elected officials are putting on for us. I've decided this will be my last post on the issue. I refuse to even give this distraction any more attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums