Seminaries that put most/all of their course lectures online for free?

CN_999

May 16, 2016
US
✟15,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello. Hopefully I'm in the right forum to ask this; it's a fairly specific question.

Reformed Theological Seminary very generously provides most of its seminary course lectures and syllabi online for free, here: Lectures - Reformed Theological Seminary. .

As far as I can tell, these are the same classes that you'd take for RTS's distance learning / online theology degrees. This sort of thing is a bit different from what (to name just one example) Gordon-Conwell seems to be doing, since the latter only has a truncated version of its curriculum online, adapted for laypersons. I've seen some indications that Westminster Theological Seminary and Dallas Theological Seminary put some of their standard courses online as well, but I'm not really sure.

EDIT: Covenant Seminary for the PCA has something similar, though you have to sign up on their website to get the free courses - Resources / Resources // Covenant Theological Seminary.

Are there other seminaries or religious programs that put most of their standard, official curriculum online like RTS does, for free general access?

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. Hopefully I'm in the right forum to ask this; it's a fairly specific question.

Reformed Theological Seminary very generously provides most of its seminary course lectures and syllabi online for free, here: Lectures - Reformed Theological Seminary. .

As far as I can tell, these are the same classes that you'd take for RTS's distance learning / online theology degrees. This sort of thing is a bit different from what (to name just one example) Gordon-Conwell seems to be doing, since the latter only has a truncated version of its curriculum online, adapted for laypersons. I've seen some indications that Westminster Theological Seminary and Dallas Theological Seminary put some of their standard courses online as well, but I'm not really sure.

Are there other seminaries or religious programs that put most of their standard, official curriculum online like RTS does, for free general access?

Thanks.
I used to read in a theological seminary library, even though I was not a student there.

Nobel Prize winning economist Robert Shiller taught a free Yale economics course online. His lecture videos are good. Eventually my path of free courses reached a pay wall.

Upvote 0

CN_999

May 16, 2016
US
✟15,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gordon-Conwell Seminary offers 10 courses through their Dimensions of Faith Program. Registration is free.

Dimensions of the Faith at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary is a free online theological education program. The Ockenga Institute of Gordon-Conwell has taken seminary-level courses and adapted them to a 'go at your own pace' distance learning program which includes audio lectures and a study guide.

~Bella

Reactions: Hiep
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gordon-Conwell Seminary offers 10 courses through their Dimensions of Faith Program. Registration is free.

Dimensions of the Faith at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary is a free online theological education program. The Ockenga Institute of Gordon-Conwell has taken seminary-level courses and adapted them to a 'go at your own pace' distance learning program which includes audio lectures and a study guide.

~Bella
That's interesting

Upvote 0