US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
First of all, if your not Christian your not going to get what I'm talking about.

Okay so now that that's out of the way... First of all I was depressed by the ending but I suppose I should follow the comics more. I hope they fix everything that happened with sequels cause it was really like just death and destruction very depressing.

The other thing was that the movie caused people to laugh and commit blasphemy against God. There was a scene where one of the characters says who's your master and the other character says what do you expect me to say Jesus or something and he says Jesus's name with a face of outrage and disgust. The whole theater roared in laughter but do they not get they are mocking God's position as master and savior like he's some insignificant thing. I was angry. It's an anti-christ spirit.

Anyway, this last thing may be reaching but I find it strange that a movie about mass genocide because of running out of resources airs very close to the death of the CDC scientist who was in charge of major outbreak research... He was mysteriously found floating in the river and no one is really trying to investigate what happened in fact when they first found him they said we may never know what happened as if to write it off quickly.

Something seems off and suspicious in my opinion.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, if your not Christian your not going to get what I'm talking about.

Okay so now that that's out of the way... First of all I was depressed by the ending but I suppose I should follow the comics more. I hope they fix everything that happened with sequels cause it was really like just death and destruction very depressing.

The other thing was that the movie caused people to laugh and commit blasphemy against God. There was a scene where one of the characters says who's your master and the other character says what do you expect me to say Jesus or something and he says Jesus's name with a face of outrage and disgust. The whole theater roared in laughter but do they not get they are mocking God's position as master and savior like he's some insignificant thing. I was angry. It's an anti-christ spirit.

Anyway, this last thing may be reaching but I find it strange that a movie about mass genocide because of running out of resources airs very close to the death of the CDC scientist who was in charge of major outbreak research... He was mysteriously found floating in the river and no one is really trying to investigate what happened in fact when they first found him they said we may never know what happened as if to write it off quickly.

Good post. I saw it yesterday. The ending seems to be setting up for a sequel. I'm not sure that I understood it, or other parts of the movie, and I didn't feel motivated to want to understand.

The parts about the Hulk needing to turn into Hulk and being unable to were funny. The Chris Pratt jokes were lame, and the Jesus joke was offensive. Some in the entertainment complex must feel quite embolden to include such material.

The mass genocide theme is always an interesting one in Sci-Fi. Avengers had a couple of thoughtful moments in that regard.

Overall though, these movies really need to be stripped down in action so that audiences can follow or care to follow them. That won't happen with the cash Avengers is raking in though.

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think I saw one earlier movie in the series (or could have been some entirely other Marvel series, heh heh).

Question:
Does the movie make you cheer either gratuitous violence or even at times revenge? I'm aware the cover appearance is typically something like crusaders fighting to defeat aggressors. On the surface.

Does anyone show mercy at any time, for instance?

Another thing I'm seeing more in modern movies is an endorsement of the idea there is no God. Often brief. Like getting in a point.

• Informative
Reactions: nwmoose18
Upvote 0

megnat

Apr 28, 2018
Los Angeles
✟15,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I totally agree! The comment regarding Jesus totally threw me off, plus Thanos walking on water, the rapture reference, blood sacrifice. I typically love Marvel movies but feel I will have to give up. Especially if they keep down this route...

• Agree
Reactions: nwmoose18
Upvote 0

nwmoose18

Apr 30, 2018
Ardmore
✟15,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree! The comment regarding Jesus totally threw me off, plus Thanos walking on water, the rapture reference, blood sacrifice. I typically love Marvel movies but feel I will have to give up. Especially if they keep down this route...

I'm just glad somebody else saw all those christian references like the rapture thrown in there. I was emotionally thrown by this movie, not knowing what to think.

Reactions: megnat
Upvote 0

HeavensLight

Apr 30, 2018
London
✟15,211.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just glad somebody else saw all those christian references like the rapture thrown in there. I was emotionally thrown by this movie, not knowing what to think.

Completely agree with what you are all saying! I don't usually post on forums but my spirit was soo grieved after seeing that film... The action was great & I was really enjoying it up until the "Who is your Master? ...Jesus" moment which I found incredibly offensive & ruined the movie for me. I totally lost interest after that.
There was a similarly offensive moment in the last Avengers movie (Age of Ultron) where a character (Vision I think) made an entrance & declared his name as "I AM". That was bad however I felt the "Jesus" comment in the "Infinity War" was worse because I think mixing comic fantasy with a real explicit spiritual person is VERY dangerous & could easily plant seeds of doubt in the minds of non-believers & believers.
You can really see the anti-Christian agenda gaining momentum these days & we need to stay vigilant, prayerful & sensitive to the Holy Spirit. These things are not okay & I definitely won't be in a rush to see the next Marvel film.

God bless you all

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

crfstewarje

Mar 14, 2015
✟7,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Completely agree with what you are all saying! I don't usually post on forums but my spirit was soo grieved after seeing that film... The action was great & I was really enjoying it up until the "Who is your Master? ...Jesus" moment which I found incredibly offensive & ruined the movie for me. I totally lost interest after that.
There was a similarly offensive moment in the last Avengers movie (Age of Ultron) where a character (Vision I think) made an entrance & declared his name as "I AM". That was bad however I felt the "Jesus" comment in the "Infinity War" was worse because I think mixing comic fantasy with a real explicit spiritual person is VERY dangerous & could easily plant seeds of doubt in the minds of non-believers & believers.
You can really see the anti-Christian agenda gaining momentum these days & we need to stay vigilant, prayerful & sensitive to the Holy Spirit. These things are not okay & I definitely won't be in a rush to see the next Marvel film.

God bless you all

While the Jesus comment was stupid, I do not see how one stupid comment from Starlord makes the movie anti ChristianNow; was it wrong for him to say it? Yes. However, Pratt chose to say one very questionable line in what is other wise a fantastic movie, and he probably dealt with the consequences (example: feeling heavily convicted by the Holy Spirit). It's one pathetic line in a great movie, and I didn't let that ruin it for me. As the saying goes, eat the hay and leave the stubble.

Upvote 0

A2597

A Peculiar Person
Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
✟10,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was thrown by that line too...
What really threw me by it was that Chris Pratt is a proclaimed Christian. It felt both out of character for Starlord and for Chris. Was quite surprised by it.

Otherwise, I felt that it was a good addition to the MCU and enjoyed it.

Upvote 0