Selling little girls to pay back debt

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
The film traces another story of an ill-fated Afghan farmer. “It just seemed too awful to be true,” producer Jamie Doran told Amanpour about that man’s plight. “[He] couldn't pay the traffickers back and refused to give his daughter away. And we actually have the entire film of him being beheaded with a penknife. That's what they do if you refuse to hand over your daughters.”

Selling little girls to pay back debt – Amanpour - CNN.com Blogs

May God have mercy and grant him forgiveness.

John 15:13 - Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 Peter 4:8 - But before all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covereth a multitude of sins.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a day-ruining article. My prayers for all involved.

I loathe the drug war and all of the lives it harms in the US, but at the same time I loathe every smack-head who knows full well that the money he's spending is destroying lives on another continent.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am sure - He is Heaven bound. His love and offering up his life - surely is pleasing to the Lord. [martyrdom in love for others]

:crossrc:

Sad sad way to have to live. Truly vile that anyone wants to take someone's daughter. This man loved his daughter more than his own life. May his death help others to follow.

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
That's a day-ruining article. My prayers for all involved.

I loathe the drug war and all of the lives it harms in the US, but at the same time I loathe every smack-head who knows full well that the money he's spending is destroying lives on another continent.

It's typical smack-head envy. It's not enough to destroy just yourself - someone else always has to go down with them.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's typical smack-head envy. It's not enough to destroy just yourself - someone else always has to go down with them.

I have a lot of empathy for heroin addicts...I remember how hard it was to quit smoking, and quitting smoking is merely unpleasant, it doesn't make you sick or dead every time you try to stop. I don’t think most H addicts intend to kill others, but I suspect that most, in reflective times, will concede that they are. I also suspect that the vast majority of "H addicts (or addicts to other opiates) would like very much to be clean and wish they never dabbled in the first place. I wish there was more we could do as a society to help them, but nothing really works. Tough love doesn't work. Imprisonment doesn't work. The only think I can think of that might help is legalizing the stuff, growing it domestically and subsidizing it if necessary to keep it cheap and keep the black market out of the game....and that "solution" comes with its own problems.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,823.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What a brave, loving father! Prayers to end trafficking around the world.

I wonder if the anti-trafficking groups will be picketing outside this year's Super Bowl, as they did at last year's....

Maybe that's what the March for Lifers did wrong....you are guaranteed tons of publicity if you locate your March in the Super Bowl Stadium parking lot.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,823.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was an observation, and there was nothing political about it.

Anti-trafficking demonstrators DID protest at the Super Bowl. They had a lot less than 400,000 people and got a lot of publicity, because they were in the right place at the right time.

My suggestion that other groups who are bemoaning their lack of publicity do the same thing is not political--it's common sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sure - He is Heaven bound. His love and offering up his life - surely is pleasing to the Lord. [martyrdom in love for others]

:crossrc:

Sad sad way to have to live. Truly vile that anyone wants to take someone's daughter. This man loved his daughter more than his own life. May his death help others to follow.

If the person wasn't a baptized Catholic who died in the state of grace, I wouldn't hold my breath. :(

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the person wasn't a baptized Catholic who died in the state of grace, I wouldn't hold my breath. :(

Eh, chances are he was never really exposed to Catholocism and was never given the freedom to explore it and choose it. The Church teaches that our God is all merciful, and that we have reason to be hopeful that such souls will be saved.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. That is incredibly sad. If I ever had children I could never sell them off to pay a debt. I just wonder though, is the man in the original post a martyr since he accepted death for standing up for his moral beliefs that his children shouldn't be sold into what was probably sex slavery?

Upvote 0