KenobiKid

Kubrick Historian
Apr 18, 2004
Indiana
✟1,120.00
Faith
Christian
Robert43 said:
Hi, Why would anyone want to buy anything related to Hitler? I think people would want to forget the past more then want to remember the past.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/665072.stm

Robert.
Trying to forget the past is just a window to allow something as horrific as what Hitler did and stood for to happen again.

Reactions: UberLutheran
Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KenobiKid said:
Trying to forget the past is just a window to allow something as horrific as what Hitler did and stood for to happen again.

As we have already seen in Cambodia, the former Yugoslavia (Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo), Rwanda -- and now Somalia.

Frankly, I'd rather see these items donated to museums, particularly museums which deal with World War II and Halocaust museums, so people can see the catastrophes blind allegiance to charismatic leaders, combined with xenophobia can lead to.

Upvote 0

Andre3000

Feb 20, 2004
✟917.00
Faith
Atheist
I think it would be very interesting to read Hitler's notes to a speech. By no means does being interested and intrigued in Nazi Germany mean that you sympathize with Hitler's so-called cause.

I'd rather see these items be placed into a museum too, but there's no reason why a person cannot buy them if they are for sale. It's just like a famous work of art; it SHOULD be in a museum but we all know that it doesn't always end up that way.

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
Robert43 said:
Hi, Why would anyone want to buy anything related to Hitler? I think people would want to forget the past more then want to remember the past.
Robert.

Think again Robert! If you do not know the value of historical preservation, then I am just beating a dead horse.
:scratch:

Upvote 0