-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have bias for our church. We'll think that our church programme is best for any Christian. That's why we love our friends and invite them to visit to our church.

But recently I've experience something which isn't that pleasant. I tell honestly to a church friend where I'm going to switch church because the sermon isn't appealing to me and it's not helping me to grow, I told them I want to try out other church. End up I'm given pressure, and they try to convince me not to leave.

I wonder why Christian didn't know that they might be bias. My argument is that I aint leaving Jesus church but a local church, leaving a local church isn't leaving God isn't? Isn't it a personal freedom to choose which community I want to be in?

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it a personal freedom to choose which community I want to be in?
You do have the freedom to choose which local church to serve. The most important things to look for in a church are a Christ-centered, Bible-centered teaching and preaching ministry. We need to ask ourselves if they are striving to uphold the truth of God's Word, and are they seeking to apply it to every aspect of their lives.

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
leaving a local church isn't leaving God isn't? Isn't it a personal freedom to choose which community I want to be in?

Not only a freedom, but also a right, and an obligation. Jesus has purchased us, therefore we must seek what best honours and would be pleasing to Him, in everything.

My argument is that I aint leaving Jesus church but a local church

Quite right, and more than likely leaving a church of man, to seek after the church of God, the one formed up by Jesus.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have bias for our church. We'll think that our church programme is best for any Christian. That's why we love our friends and invite them to visit to our church.

But recently I've experience something which isn't that pleasant. I tell honestly to a church friend where I'm going to switch church because the sermon isn't appealing to me and it's not helping me to grow, I told them I want to try out other church. End up I'm given pressure, and they try to convince me not to leave.

I wonder why Christian didn't know that they might be bias. My argument is that I aint leaving Jesus church but a local church, leaving a local church isn't leaving God isn't? Isn't it a personal freedom to choose which community I want to be in?
Good post/comment..
----
It seems...'too much focus on'..
- 'Nicely packaged' services & programs..nowadays.
----
Maybe, it is time to search/reflect the meaning of 'Church' again...

• Agree
Reactions: Tony B
Upvote 0