• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Self Harming Now

DoubtfulSalvation

Jan 21, 2016
USA
✟15,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, I'm back to this same familiar place that I always seem to be. No amount of medication changes or positive talks seem to make any effect. Each time I do this I wonder where God has been through all of the mental diagnosis etc. Why do I always feel doomed to hell no matter what I do. <staff edit> . I've been outpatient, in patient, group therapy and one on one. No one can fix the issue that I have, except God, and for some reason he's silent on the issue. <staff edit>. So, who knows. This is where I'm at tonight, and I wonder where I will end up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I go through spells that are difficult, and it seems hopeless at the time but experience has taught me that this feeling will pass, and so with that experience i have seen improvement in my mental health. I use to fear quite often, and it was very hard, but i think that Gods answer to my prayers was his Grace. He didnt take my pain away, and i didnt hear a voice from heaven exacty, but the longer i went through it the more it wore me down until finally i didnt care anymore. I figured that hell cannot be any worse than i was suffering with all my fear and torment, and i just accepted my fate. If God is going to send me to hell then so be it, im tired and just cant care anymore. A good thing happened though when i began to think that way, i saw that my fear was gone and that Gods grace sustained me through it all. Even if i died in my fear Gods grace would have sustained me. There is hope brother, trust me, there is hope.

I found hope in pauls words.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, I'm back to this same familiar place that I always seem to be. No amount of medication changes or positive talks seem to make any effect. Each time I do this I wonder where God has been through all of the mental diagnosis etc. Why do I always feel doomed to hell no matter what I do. Each time I also think about suicide, and the idea becomes a little bit easier every time. I've been outpatient, in patient, group therapy and one on one. No one can fix the issue that I have, except God, and for some reason he's silent on the issue. My wife knows I self harm, but she thinks it's a fad, my therapist thinks it's for attention. I think it's me slowly mowing down the barrier between self harm and my fear of suicide. So, who knows. This is where I'm at tonight, and I wonder where I will end up tomorrow.
Prayers for you. I pray you find the help you need, that will comfort the pain inside you, and deliver you from this addiction.

Upvote 0

DoubtfulSalvation

Jan 21, 2016
USA
✟15,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I go through spells that are difficult, and it seems hopeless at the time but experience has taught me that this feeling will pass, and so with that experience i have seen improvement in my mental health. I use to fear quite often, and it was very hard, but i think that Gods answer to my prayers was his Grace. He didnt take my pain away, and i didnt hear a voice from heaven exacty, but the longer i went through it the more it wore me down until finally i didnt care anymore. I figured that hell cannot be any worse than i was suffering with all my fear and torment, and i just accepted my fate. If God is going to send me to hell then so be it, im tired and just cant care anymore. A good thing happened though when i began to think that way, i saw that my fear was gone and that Gods grace sustained me through it all. Even if i died in my fear Gods grace would have sustained me. There is hope brother, trust me, there is hope.

I found hope in pauls words.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thank you for your reply. At times I feel like I'm going to reach this point of not caring myself, and like you said, maybe that's a good thing. I do struggle with God's grace and how he views me. I just can't accept that he's forgiven my sins and doesn't hate me! I deserve as much, but somehow, he does it. I'm not sure how long it will take to fully accept his grace. I'm just trusting in faith that I will get to a point where it will make more sense to me.

On a brighter note, I believe I've discovered that my anti-psychotic Latuda can cause something caused akathisia, which brings on feelings of intense fear and suicidal thoughts. I haven't taken my dose yet and I feel great. Maybe, this could be the answer to my problems? We will have to see!

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your reply. At times I feel like I'm going to reach this point of not caring myself, and like you said, maybe that's a good thing. I do struggle with God's grace and how he views me. I just can't accept that he's forgiven my sins and doesn't hate me! I deserve as much, but somehow, he does it. I'm not sure how long it will take to fully accept his grace. I'm just trusting in faith that I will get to a point where it will make more sense to me.

On a brighter note, I believe I've discovered that my anti-psychotic Latuda can cause something caused akathisia, which brings on feelings of intense fear and suicidal thoughts. I haven't taken my dose yet and I feel great. Maybe, this could be the answer to my problems? We will have to see!

Have patience, we do grow in Gods grace. It takes some of us more time than others perhaps. It took me a long time, and im not done yet but i have grown a lot. I cant comment on the medication thing. All i can say is ask a doctor, and maybe other people who have experience with that medication. I hang out in the depression forum, you are more than welcome to come by and fellowship with us if you want. Hang in there brother, may God bless us all.

Upvote 0