Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Are you suprised when someone likes oranges but not apples?

That's preference. I'm talking about principle.

I'd find it strange if they thought eating apples was wrong, or more importantly, should be illegal.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... Why such a public strong stance on homosexuality ...

I don't think it's just black preachers. I think it's anyone conservative who sees the modern age challenging their convenient, complacent, beliefs. The idea that Jesus said 'love your neighbour as yourself' without specifying our neighbour's colour, race, nationality, creed, politics, class, caste, sex, sexuality or gender is a difficult one for anybody to handle. For those who think the easiest way to social power is to publicly castigate and villify some randomly selected 'out-group', it is more difficult still.

Cheers, Strivax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it's just black preachers. I think it's anyone conservative who sees the modern age challenging their convenient, complacent, beliefs. The idea that Jesus said 'love your neighbour as yourself' without specifying our neighbour's colour, race, nationality, creed, politics, class, caste, sex, sexuality or gender is a difficult one for anybody to handle. For those who think the easiest way to social power is to publicly castigate some random 'out-group', it is more difficult still.

Cheers, Strivax.

I wanted to change the title, but I have no clue how to. Do I just ask the mods? I want to change the title to "The Seeming Hypocrisy of Some US Preachers", but I have tried but to no avail. My video below will hope to explain the title better:

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I really don't think that's what's going on here. From what I've observed there are quite a few people on CF who say they are Christians who say nasty negative things about us African Americans. I don't think that gets past anyone who has been on CF for at least maybe 3 months. I'm concerned because I feel her post feeds into that climate but since she's an African American woman it makes it okay for some people who have those negative views of us to voice them all the more so. Their not trying to get answers about anything or help. They just enjoy tearing African Americans down. I'm not saying it's everyone but they're always in the mix with their negativity.
*** True, but I am not one of them. I don't care what others believe, racist or not. That is not my problem. It is theirs.

I see the value when those who say they are Christian actually are and come from a biblical perspective but that rarely happens. I've observed many “christians” being just fine saying very ugly things. As a matter of fact to me many of the non-Christians have been more Christ like when it comes to the us African Americans. And that's quite an indictment. It also helps when people have real relationship within the community. There's always a night and day difference with those who do vs. those who don't. I've seen A LOT of conjecture and google conversations on CF but many times not anything real in terms of people who personally have African American friends/family. It's few and far between but what I know is that those who do usually don't participate in tearing African Americans down. While it makes me wonder what is the benefit to those who like tearing us down? You might try and call it something else but that is exactly what it is. Also I've not ever really seen whites tear down other whites in the same manner on CF considering the fact that there are more differences within the groups than between them.
*** I agree, but I wouldn't consider a person who is mean or hurts or says hurtful things deliberately true believers in Christ. I have no issue with my African American friends and family. We agree and love each other, despite our disagreements we may or may not have. I don't believe that the internet is a total revelation of any people in general, however they identify themselves.

Actually I have gone to African Americans and asked this question in reverse. Some of the responses I've gotten were very interesting including how do I know the person who makes these negative post is really African American. I hadn't thought of that but that was really something to consider. People lie and misrepresent who they are all the time on the internet. Wouldn't you think something was strange if a white person only went to black forums and tore down white people? I would be asking them if they went and shared their “concerns” with other white people? I also might think they were a troll. What I have noticed is that as a group we don't really talk a lot about white people. I think it's because while we know some whites are going through it especially with the heroin epidemic, crystal meth, human trafficking, etc. we have a multitude of social/spiritual issues that we are dealing with. So in the larger scheme of things while we may be aware, white people aren't primary. There's almost like a general consensus, they're white they'll be fine.

*** Are you saying I'm a troll? Ouch. All black people just like all white people don't think the same. Some black or white people could care less what other black or white people think. Some white people don't care about others either because they don't know or they don't care. I guess because I don't delve into what other think, I just didn't know if that is a general consensus.

I hope I've answered your questions

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not surprised that you would think it's a joke or that you would possibly think it's a compliment when someone tells you to keep writing these negative post/threads about African Americans on a predominately white forum. Nothing suspect about that is there? Your response of trying to deflect by primarily focusing on the self hate comment doesn't surprise me either. Why do you seem to have a problem with what I said when you seem to be fine posting negative things about African Americans? Everyone on CF has a record of their post/threads/videos. If you were really interested you would take the time to review some of them. If you don't know the negative videos that you have posted regarding African Americans, that speaks volumes. So no I won't be explaining further and no this is not a joke. I am very serious but like I said people are free to post what they want and others are free to respond.

I could care less if the forum is predominately black or predominately white. Let the white, or black, or Asian people on this forum believe what they wish to believe and write down what they believe is true. I don't believe anyone should be accused of self-hatred. You may need to reread my posts. I post things about my people that aren't negative or condescending. I post what I believe can be or is the case based on personal experience, not on what is happening with every single black person. I don't believe that all black or white people are all alike. Okay, I should not have said that it was a joke, but I am in no way self-hating. I never said or implied that others cannot respond. They are within their rights.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have answered...and I know that my questions were rather direct, so I appreciate you not taking offense.

As for the racists...well, they're racist. The internet is a place where they get to express their racist views rather freely, and I think that you're always going to find them more common on threads like these. I don't think that's an excuse, and I know it isn't a solution...I'm just saying it as a way of explanation.

As to whites who tear down other whites...it reminded me of a conversation I heard recently. It was during an online game that I overheard what sounded like a discussion between a very young white boy and girl. Without any prompt...the boy told the girl that he "loved black people...hated white people...and wished sometimes that everyone was black."

I think his motivation was simply to avoid the common stereotyped that all whites are racist. He was saying these things too "look good" in the girl's eyes. I don't think Lik3 necessarily has a similar motivation...I think she's genuinely interested in other's perspectives. She often "likes" my posts even when my perspective is in far disagreement from her own.

As a general rule though, I try not to analyze personal motivations for the creation of threads. While I can understand why it's a concern for you...I think if we were to all do it frequently, we'd never get to discuss the actual threads themselves.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

No thanks necessary Lik3...I meant what I said. I think it's important that all Americans discuss race in an honest manner. We aren't doing each other any favors by withholding the way we think/feel on these issues and I think it's rare to see someone who's willing to question the issues their own race has (black or white) in an open forum.

If we all spend our time worrying about what other whites or other blacks will think of us when we bring up certain topics...then we've severely limited the discussion and damaged any real hope of understanding each other.

I can see why some black people might see your threads and think that you're seeking approval from whites on some level...but I never got that impression. I always thought that you were posting on Christian Forums because of your spirituality, which you make threads about occasionally and they usually have little or nothing to do with race.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are many reasons why most Blacks are badly faltering in everyday life, and they badly need guidance and instructions
on how to excel and survive. Yes, there are blockages and ceilings in place that makes it more difficult to survive in a environment that despise you. However, there are Blacks who have survived the hostile environment and doing exceptionally well. Sadly, many of these impoverished Blacks are having a difficult time accepting criticism & advice and would rather do without help, thus sinking deeper in poverty. I have tried to help Blacks in need but get insulted and harassed. They want to survive on other Blacks at their convenience. If they don't listen or accept criticism for their lifestyle, then there isn't anything affluent Blacks or anyone can do to help them. They must have the initiative to help themselves before others can assist them. Unfortunately, many Blacks (not all) are looking for a "free ride," rather than do it themselves. So, it is irrational when other Blacks try to cover up the magnitude of the problem by imposing the "self-hate" rhetoric on Blacks who are in the position to help them the most. This was not a problem in the early 6o's and before when most Blacks were poor and were willing to lend a helping hand. In summary, there isn't anything wrong criticizing others if your intentions are honorable and sincere. Criticisms should and will sparks changes for the better. A good example of this was the Civil Rights Movement. I think many Blacks are simply embarrassed with the Black plight and believe it is best for other Blacks not to talk about. For some Black Christians I find this form of ignorance to be deplorable. I believe the Bible verses below explain it better.

II Timothy 4:2-4
II Chronicles 7:14

Keep up the good posting Lik3
Thank you.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
There are many in the black American community who are homophobic as well. They would point out the Bible and say that homosexuality is wrong according to scripture, which I understand. Some of them seem to be more vocal about homosexuality than any other topic. There are black people who are poor, illiterate, and are being deceived by false preachers. There are the issues of crime, poverty, and education that affects all groups, but seem to disproportionately effect black Americans. Many of us are suffering from the effects of obesity, and many have become HIV positive and have died of AIDS. Have most black preachers preached on that? Where are they?

Why such a public strong stance on homosexuality and seeming silence from some of the same preachers on the aforementioned issues? I am concerned about our nation but especially for black Americans, some of whom came from single parent and broken homes and some young black males who are killing themselves. (I meant no harm in mentioning the single parents, but in some cases, many children either don't know their mothers or their fathers.) There are people who believe that black men are becoming an endangered species. This last sentence worries me. Is there anyone here who thinks I am wrong about this? Am I the only one noticing the hypocrisy of some of the preachers here? How do I personally pray for and witness to the black community where we too have those issues of our own? I want to know the truth.

This is interesting. How many different black churches have you visited? Is this a certain denomination that does this? Is your view narrowed by lack of expanding who you are listening to? I don't know.

A lot of your topics you mention are not social issues and not holiness issues. Its not a sin to be poor or illiterate or have AIDS etc. Are they not preaching over all holiness like not being a criminal or not being a drug addict or unmarried sex etc? Just asking cause I don't know.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
rjs, there is no sin to be poor at all. To me, they are preaching about holiness and about their beliefs that there are many issues which would constitute a lack of holiness such as being an unrepentant criminal for instance. My hope is that I have answered your questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums