Seeking the truth: seeking an encounter with God and receiving the silent treatment

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. Speaking in tongues is better suited for the prayer closet.
The point that I was making is that the whole church, including the Pastor, allowed it to occur 3 times just during one sermon w/o any admonition or discouragement even though God's Word admonishes them to be silent and refrain in such a situation (1 Cor 14:28.) And the church grew EXPONENTIALLY with such occurring right in their midst. some people seek or ARE drawn to the magnificent, amazing, emotionally exciting realm; God-ordained or not. Can you justifiably contend that these "tongue speakers" were REALLY moved by the Holy Spirit of God when God Himself is against it in that situation??? I contend and the evidence substantiates that it was another spirit at work and NOT the Holy Spirit. Self-glorification, sin, .......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elisha McFarland

May 7, 2020
Saint Albans
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For more than 7 months I've been researching the spirit realm. I've watched more than 300 (and counting) testimonies including even whole books with hundreds of pages each. Take a look at the testimonies I've watched in this link (work in progress).

At the same time, I've been seeking a personal encounter with God all along. Unfortunately, all I receive is silence. The silent treatment.

What can I do? On the one hand, I've come across astonishing mind-blowing powerful supernatural testimonies of the spirit realm, but on the other hand, I only receive silence, and it's been like that for 7 months now.

I just don't understand what's the matter. This paradox between astonishing testimonies vs null personal experience is driving me crazy.

I feel like getting myself enclosed in a room for 10 days straight for full-time praying and fasting (like the apostles in the upper room), but frustratingly and sadly I just don't have the privacy and the time to do it (I'm burdened with the responsibilities of studying a PhD). I really wish I could.

What can I do?
"Do not test the Lord your God"
Testing God and asking for a response is never wise.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point that I was making is that the whole church, including the Pastor, allowed it to occur 3 times just during one sermon w/o any admonition or discouragement even though God's Word admonishes them to be silent and refrain in such a situation (1 Cor 14:28.) And the church grew EXPONENTIALLY with such occurring right in their midst. some people seek or ARE drawn to the magnificent, amazing, emotionally exciting realm; God-ordained or not. Can you justifiably contend that these "tongue speakers" were REALLY moved by the Holy Spirit of God when God Himself is against it in that situation??? I contend and the evidence substantiates that it was another spirit at work and NOT the Holy Spirit. Self-glorification, sin, .......

What is the point though, may I ask? You don't believe in speaking in tongues as a gift from the Holy Spirit? Even David Wilkerson believed in speaking in tongues:

David Wilkerson - You Need The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the point though, may I ask? You don't believe in speaking in tongues as a gift from the Holy Spirit?
The experience I had at that church clearly showed that people will even ignore and overlook outright sinful behavior loudly and disruptively occurring right in the middle of the Pastor's sermon because of their beliefs relative to speaking in tongues.

The point is that people seeking fantastic experiences and signs in or for their faith become open and vulnerable to self-delusion and deception. They make it VERY easy for satan to influence them. Speaking in tongues is not the issue. In the proper context, I think that God might use that today. Others have said the same thing here in different words. Do not put God to the test. Your salvation is, should be, based upon faith ALONE (Ephesians 2:8-9.) It is not faith if you need a sign or anything else as evidence or proof.

I did not just mention tongue speaking but also the ridiculous (or even insane) and even criminal behavior (assault) I experienced and as I have mentioned, my wife during her childhood experienced. Chaotically mobbing forward toward the pulpit knocking over chairs and probably people (I saw one knocked off balance and almost down; who knows what went down in the middle of that amoeba like mob massing forward.) I could not believe what I saw. It was like the beginning of an orgy; arms flailing and people just hugging and whatever else as it moved. ANYTHING could have been going in all of that. And several Church hymnals all being thrown through the air in the middle of a church full of people???!!!

What was so ALARMING and SCARY was that a few years later I discovered that that church had become so popular and large that it had to move out into the country to build a building large enough to house. People ARE so enticed with the fantastic that discernment of the TRUTH or source becomes cloudy or obscure or outright ignored, as in the ignoring of that sinful and disruptive vain-babbling being allowed to repeatedly transpire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truthseek3r, May I suggest that you read the book of John from start to finish? David Jeremiah just reminded me in his sermon that I watched a few minutes ago, "Is He the Teacher of Truth or the Truth to Be Taught?" (Fathom - Online Study: The Jesus You May Not Know - DavidJeremiah.org), about the significance of TRUTH in the book of John. This is was what someone suggested I read when they handed me a Bible when I was in the Agnostic phase of my searching for the TRUTH. It was the seed which ultimately brought me face-to-face with God, the TRUTH. You, being a truthseeker should find the book of John very interesting, as I.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Truthseek3r, May I suggest that you read the book of John from start to finish? David Jeremiah just reminded me in his sermon that I watched a few minutes ago, "Is He the Teacher of Truth or the Truth to Be Taught?" (Fathom - Online Study: The Jesus You May Not Know - DavidJeremiah.org), about the significance of TRUTH in the book of John. This is was what someone suggested I read when they handed me a Bible when I was in the Agnostic phase of my searching for the TRUTH. It was the seed which ultimately brought me face-to-face with God, the TRUTH. You, being a truthseeker should find the book of John very interesting, as I.

I already read the whole Bible once actually, and I'm about to finish reading the New Testament again, so yes I've read the book of John at least twice.

Would you mind sharing a little bit of your testimony? How did you end up converting from agnosticism by just reading the book of John? Or were there more elements at play in the process?

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How did you end up converting from agnosticism by just reading the book of John?
I NEVER said what you said I did. I REALLY said:
"It was the seed which ultimately brought me face-to-face with God, the TRUTH."

I have no use or care to dialog with the type of person who confounds and deludes. No progress can be made and that, I contend, is their intention.

I restate my experiences and conclusions from post 87 above here:

"The point is that people seeking fantastic experiences and signs in or for their faith become open and vulnerable to self-delusion and deception. They make it VERY easy for satan to influence them. Speaking in tongues is not the issue. In the proper context, I think that God might use that today. Others have said the same thing here in different words. Do not put God to the test. Your salvation is, should be, based upon faith ALONE (Ephesians 2:8-9.) It is not faith if you need a sign or anything else as evidence or proof.

I did not just mention tongue speaking but also the ridiculous (or even insane) and even criminal behavior (assault) I experienced and as I have mentioned, my wife during her childhood experienced. Chaotically mobbing forward toward the pulpit knocking over chairs and probably people (I saw one knocked off balance and almost down; who knows what went down in the middle of that amoeba like mob massing forward.) I could not believe what I saw. It was like the beginning of an orgy; arms flailing and people just hugging and whatever else as it moved. ANYTHING could have been going in all of that. And several Church hymnals all being thrown through the air in the middle of a church full of people???!!!

What was so ALARMING and SCARY was that a few years later I discovered that that church had become so popular and large that it had to move out into the country to build a building large enough to house. People ARE so enticed with the fantastic that discernment of the TRUTH or source becomes cloudy or obscure or outright ignored, as in the ignoring of that sinful and disruptive vain-babbling being allowed to repeatedly transpire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already read the whole Bible once actually, and I'm about to finish reading the New Testament again, so yes I've read the book of John at least twice.
Due to the fact that you started this thread identifying yourself as something "OTHER" than a CHRISTIAN, I understandably thought that you might not have read the book of John or the Bible. It wasn't until later in the thread that you turned your coat, so you leave it up in the air whether you are really a Christian or not, by your indecisiveness.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Due to the fact that you started this thread identifying yourself as something "OTHER" than a CHRISTIAN, I understandably thought that you might not have read the book of John or the Bible. It wasn't until later in the thread that you turned your coat, so you leave it up in the air whether you are really a Christian or not, by your indecisiveness.

I never had "OTHER" in my personal information. I've always had "Christian" since I set up my account about 7 months ago. You probably confused my personal information with someone else's and that led you to mistakenly get a wrong image. If you still claim that I changed my faith status in my personal information, then show evidence to support your claim, share an screenshot where I had "OTHER". And again, I already read the entire Bible, I'm being 100% truthful here.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You probably confused my personal information with someone else's and that led you to mistakenly get a wrong image. I
It is possible that I confused you with another person whose thread I posted in at the same visit to my laptop (I do not have smart ph instant access and cannot be bothered by such a tether) as when I was posting here. It was the 1st or 2nd post of mine where I noticed the "Other" for religion. I only have time for this post right now, it is late here; almost midnight. My alerts only go back to Fri which is too late so I think I can access all of my posts somehow. I think I have accidentally done it before. I'll see if I can when I have time and back track to when I first started posting on this thread and visit the other threads which I posted. My testimony is almost half a century old and most details are lost in time. There is not much to tell. Like I said, Amazing Grace" sums it up well. Besides, I have discovered through my time here that sharing personal stuff is asking for trouble. I saw a poster today online while researching how to rejuvenate/revive a battery:
"Just because they're in church doesn't make them a Christian, and just because they are in prison doesn't make them a criminal, and just because they are talking to you doesn't make them a friend."

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chapter 4

The Key to Winning the Battle

A Word From the Lord to John Mulinde, September 10, 2001: “Set yourself apart for me. Allow me to work deeply in your life to break the hooks the world has in you. I will help you overcome things you cannot overcome by yourself. I will cause your life to be separated from everything that hinders you from excelling in me. I will lift you above the influences of your world and set you free from its bonds and limitations. I will give you authority over nations and peoples. I will cause people to be drawn to my light in your life in a way you could have never imagined possible. I will cause my Word through you to be much more effective than ever before. I will equip your life to accomplish things far beyond your own imagination, things otherwise impossible for you today. All I am seeking is a vessel set apart for me, totally separated from the allurements and dictates of the world, and fully yielded to my will. This was the secret of the early Church. It was the secret of everyone I ever used in generations gone by. It is still the secret to my power today. Whoever will yield their lives wholly to me in this manner, I will always honor.”

Mulinde, John; Daniel, Mark. The Wake-Up Call (Kindle Locations 978-979). World Trumpet Mission America, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Wake-Call-John-Mulinde-Daniel/dp/B005QPLREW

A Call To Repentance Through John Mulinde's Testimony Jesus Is Coming Back

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For more than 7 months I've been researching the spirit realm. I've watched more than 300 (and counting) testimonies including even whole books with hundreds of pages each. Take a look at the testimonies I've watched in this link (work in progress).

At the same time, I've been seeking a personal encounter with God all along. Unfortunately, all I receive is silence. The silent treatment.

What can I do? On the one hand, I've come across astonishing mind-blowing powerful supernatural testimonies of the spirit realm, but on the other hand, I only receive silence, and it's been like that for 7 months now.

I just don't understand what's the matter. This paradox between astonishing testimonies vs null personal experience is driving me crazy.

I feel like getting myself enclosed in a room for 10 days straight for full-time praying and fasting (like the apostles in the upper room), but frustratingly and sadly I just don't have the privacy and the time to do it (I'm burdened with the responsibilities of studying a PhD). I really wish I could.

What can I do?

As a Christian it is often quiet, for the first 15 years of my walk with God, I saw very little of the spiritual realm, one small healing and that was it. It has only been in my last 5 -10 years that I have experienced anything. Even that is not lightning bolts and thunder. Just a few healings, some communication with God, but generally just the normal ho hum life. I believe often God wants us to learn about Him, and prove ourselves faithful before he grants us spiritual works. But that is just a guess, I don't know why my life was so silent before.

Upvote 0