Corpus Christi Texas
✟16,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seeking the Kingdom for me is:
MT22:37,38
Love the Lord God with all our hearts, souls and minds and to love our neighbor as ourselves. (paraphrased)
I think when these are the greastest commandments in our hearts, that the teachings of Jesus become something attainable through the Holy Spirit. To know that we are poor in spirit and that we need Jesus for everything, mourning over it, hungering after righteousness, being merciful, peacemakers, and pure in heart are all things that make us heirs to the kingdom. So I think that the things that are added unto us is mainly His character...and what could possibly be better that that. It's freedom.:) It's about living in His kingdom now!

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where I will have the clearest spiritual sight and where I will be able to serve my God from my heart. Where I set my heart is really the critical issue in my spiritual life. It will determine how I perceive everything. If my heart is right and my treasure is toward God, then I am going to have the right kind of spiritual perception.

Upvote 0

RED that's ME

*~*God *IS* Love*~*
Sep 15, 2003
Where God wants me to be right now.
Visit site
✟42,152.00
Faith
Baptist
One of the things I see with some people...even though they say they are christians, they are persuing things more than seeking the kingdom first.
I'm not saying those things are bad in itself but they seek different things first and then wonder why God doesn't come through for them in those situations.

My pastor recently made a comment that *we try & fit God into our plans instead of us fitting into God's plans.* When I read a verse like Matthew 6:33, it shows us God's ideas of how we should plan our lives. God first, other things 2nd. :)

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the things I see with some people...even though they say they are christians, they are persuing things more than seeking the kingdom first.
I'm not saying those things are bad in itself but they seek different things first and then wonder why God doesn't come through for them in those situations.

My pastor recently made a comment that *we try & fit God into our plans instead of us fitting into God's plans.* When I read a verse like Matthew 6:33, it shows us God's ideas of how we should plan our lives. God first, other things 2nd. :)
Amen

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I know what you are saying. Can some understand when someone who asks, “Why should I be a Christian? What is in it for me?” It is in our self-interest to ask it and to examine the answer. Christ's answer would be salvation but man's interpretation of Christ's answer "salvation + earthly pleasures". Are we really hungry and thirsty for Him or we have this mere superficial desire to be filled by the world's pleasures? Are we "envying" through superficial searching God for fulfillment of our fleshy desires rather than deeper searching for God from the heart as "after God's own heart"?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.