Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
quote-it-s-like-at-the-end-there-s-this-surprise-quiz-am-i-proud-of-me-i-gave-my-life-to-become-richard-bach-41-66-09.jpg

Greetings, all! I graduated into this wackadoodle job market in May, armed with a Theology degree & armed with aspirations of youth ministry. I came across a position online Urban Impact Foundation, an organization in Pittsburgh that offers a variety of positions to work with teens and kids in a spiritual environment: Home - Urban Impact

Whether or not this particular organization works out for me, I'm already grateful that I came across it, because I think it pointed to my calling. In the past several months of trying to find full-time work, I have sought out a variety of different positions, everything from immigration work to high School teaching to library jobs to electrical work--all good in their own way. But when I came across this position, and especially when I saw there was working with teens with music as an option, I knew this was something I would love to do.

Probably a shot in the dark, but what I want to ask the internet is where other positions like this can be found. I literally just applied for the aforementioned Pittsburgh position today, but I want to see what all's out there for someone who wants to build friendships & jam sessions with teens in a spiritual environment. Music, recreation, and education have so much to offer teens, and I can work well with all this. Full-time jobs for this seem few & far between, let alone the necessity that the paycheck cover cost of living in a city. Geographically, I want the cities of Indiana, Ohio, or Pittsburgh, though I could go elsewhere if need be. How far I'm willing to relocate for a dream job is still something I don't have an answer for, and I hope I won't have to answer, because family is important and family is in northern Indiana.

And please pray for the teens, the job seekers, the generosity to make these positions possible, and for my own discernment & opportunities... It's easy to forget that these are supposed to be the best years of my life when my thoughts are dominant about confusion and figuring out what to do with my future. Be it someone reaching out to me, or what I have shared helping someone else, please also pray for something good to come please post; I do not want all this to be in vain. I do not believe God would let any attempt to find a noble calling be in vain, but prayer is important, and even if I don't understand it, something about prayer can really change the world.

2d8c2120a92ab11ef39fa0d2fb86173c.jpg