• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dearest One

Nov 29, 2017
Columbiana
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm new here so ,please, forgive any errors.
I've been on benzodiazepines ( Xanax and Klonapin) for over 3 decades. I am growing strong in my faith and asking for prayers for healing my anxiety and depression which seems to now be caused by the very medications prescribed to me decades ago. I cannot beging any attempt to withdrawl from these meds as a recent and new heart issue has happened to me, ( a frightening ventricular arrythmia) so I cannot stress my heart by the harshness of benzo withdrawal.
I am asking for healing, spontaneous healing of every cell, system, organ, gene....total body healing as my sweet Jesus Christ of Nazareth shed his blood that I may be made whole. I know he loves me and I am learning to love Him more each day. I continue to cast out that not of God and try to remember to put on my armor of God daily.
Please brothers and sisters, lift me up in prayer as I shall prayer for this forum and it's members.
Thank you for you love and support.

carrwinn

Sep 30, 2016
Usa
✟16,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been on benzodiazepines ( Xanax and Klonapin) for over 3 decades. I am growing strong in my faith and asking for prayers for healing my anxiety and depression which seems to now be caused by the very medications prescribed to me decades ago. I cannot beging any attempt to withdrawl from these meds as a recent and new heart issue has happened to me, ( a frightening ventricular arrythmia) so I cannot stress my heart by the harshness of benzo withdrawal.
I am asking for healing, spontaneous healing of every cell, system, organ, gene....total body healing as my sweet Jesus Christ of Nazareth shed his blood that I may be made whole. I know he loves me and I am learning to love Him more each day. I continue to cast out that not of God and try to remember to put on my armor of God daily.
Please brothers and sisters, lift me up in prayer as I shall prayer for this forum and it's members.
Matthew 6:9,10 reminds us of what is important and of the solution to all of our problems-God's kingdom.(Genesis 3:5,6;Psalm 37:10,11;Revelation 21:1-4) Scriptures like these keep me going and determined not to give up. Prophecies as in Habakkuk, Ezekiel, and Isaiah show that God's word has always come true.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Dearest One
Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
203099.gif

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try AA and pray.

Luke chapter 18 verse 1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Dearest One

Nov 29, 2017
Columbiana
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Matthew 6:9,10 reminds us of what is important and of the solution to all of our problems-God's kingdom.(Genesis 3:5,6;Psalm 37:10,11;Revelation 21:1-4) Scriptures like these keep me going and determined not to give up. Prophecies as in Habakkuk, Ezekiel, and Isaiah show that God's word has always come true.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511396495250.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511396495250.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

Dearest One

Nov 29, 2017
Columbiana
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I should clarify that I was put on these medications when I was young and prescribed them by a doctor and have continued to be prescribed them over the decades as I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression at a young age. I never asked for these meds and although they did help me to an extent for many years, they have caused changes in my brain so that if I go off them, the withdrawal is said to be worse than heroin. However, they seem to be losing their effectiveness and so I am experiencing much fear and anxiety due to the changes the drugs have made in my brains receptors over the years. I would , with doctors approval, try a slow weaning process but it causes so much stress to the entire body, I cannot because of the stress it would put on my heart. I do not drink nor smoke and am otherwise healthy. Have been a Christian most of my life. I ask prayers to be delivered from this frustrating and unfortunate situation. I pray for healing that I may be able to do God's work. As of now, anxiety so much I cannot leave the house.Have been placed on disability, had to foreclose on my home, surrender pets and lost my 30 year career as a critical care RN. Thank you for praying for me.

• Prayers
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carrwinn

Sep 30, 2016
Usa
✟16,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ventricular tacycardia ( VT) is much different from Sinus Tachycardia and much more serious. I want to do whatever He wants me to do !
Thank you for your prayers!
I had a form of tachycardia -- it was attributed to stress( loss) and maybe over exercising and dehydration.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Dearest One, Sorry to hear about your situation.. will pray for your healing..

For whatever it's worth, I wanna recommend a good book on dealing w/anxiety without medication. Hope and Help for Your Nerves (Dr Claire Weekes). It was written about 50 years ago, before the rise of ubiquitous anti-depressant meds. She gives a lot of good (basically) drug-free advice & insights on treating 'nervous illness'. I purchased my softcover copy off eBay for about 5 dollars a while back. Peace.

Upvote 0