nyc
✟17,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So for the past 2+ years I have been conflicted with one thing that keeps repeating itself in multiple facets in my life.

Well the big issue is trusting God.

At first I thought it was directly dealing with how people treated me badly, used me and abused me, then tossed me out like I meant nothing. When this would happen, I got angry at God. I was mad because I would always ask got to guide my steps in dealing with them. So when it got bad I would blame God for not protecting me or warning me. This happened with 3 relationship and multiple friendships.

After much hurt and anger I started to look deeper and figured out for these situations to mirror each other so closely there must be a bigger issue at hand.

Then I realized it was my lack of trust in God. The way I would flip on him for what others have done.

So I went to him, we spoke and he clarified many things for me. He even showed me some of my feelings were valid and went further to make promises to me and confirmed it through multiple sources.

So I was beginning to trust once again, but then another situation occurred with strangers and even in this situation the other parties lied, deceived and falsified statements that harmed my life and yet these individuals got away with it just like all the rest.

This then reset all the anger I had toward God. All the same doubts, anger and questions came back. "Where are you? Where is the protection? Why do you keep letting these ill intended people to get away with the wicked things they do.

I'm not saying I am a saint but in each of these situations I was respectful, kind and approached with Christ-like love.

Now God has promised me that he is going to deal with all of these people. Told me to trust be still and be patient. He promised "You will get everything you have asked for and more.
Now my bid issue keeps arising because the more I trust the more I feel let down by him because for the past 2+ years he has not kept one of his promises.

So I'm here asking anyone. How do you trust when the one you want to trust does nothing. This has caused me much unhappiness and stress. I loved my relationship with God but now I feel I don't have one with him. I am still trying to have one with him but I find it hard to trust God because I feel he has lied to me.

I know they say he does not lie, but the reality that is my life has proven otherwise.

How do I stay with him/God, when he is the source of my pain, anger, frustration and distrust?

Sorry for the long story.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people treated me badly, used me and abused me, then tossed me out like I meant nothing.
They did the same to Jesus and he said keep ya head up cause they mistreated me first, yet HE never doubted what God told him, even on the cross HE said FATHER forgive them cause they don't know what their doing. Everytime we see a rainbow that's God's signature of keeping all of HIS promises, sometimes were asking for the wrong things, which calls for revaluation.
d82b4f895f8fceaa730fc37ba22c14f9.jpg

Upvote 0

Quad

May 20, 2017
Topeka
✟23,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nosolostsoul, i understand what you're going through. I've been through it before, and i understand your anger.

With the best regards i can give right now, i will keep you in my prayers, my friend. I pray that the Lord will show you the light in the midst of your situation. To continue to express that God is on your side.

Reactions: nosolostsoul
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you pray and then doubt. Stop doubting. God hasn't given up on you (and He never will), you are giving up on Him. He is loving you, you are getting angry. Do you walk about your home angry and frustrated? Hello?

The song goes "if you trust & never doubt He will surely lead you out" of whatever is going on. Relax. Rejoice that eternal life is yours. Now walk in it.

Upvote 0

nosolostsoul

May 19, 2017
nyc
✟17,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They did the same to Jesus and he said keep ya head up cause they mistreated me first, yet HE never doubted what God told him, even on the cross HE said FATHER forgive them cause they don't know what their doing. Everytime we see a rainbow that's God's signature of keeping all of HIS promises, sometimes were asking for the wrong things, which calls for revaluation.
View attachment 197902

Thank you for your reply.
I have looked to Jesus as an example. It does help to know I am in great company because he has gone through it and prevailed.
See my problem isn't the people so much. It's whatever with them because they are human and flawed, just as I am.

My problem is staying close to God. Believing he lied. I hear it all the time he can not and his promises are true. Yet this just makes me feel as if I am the problem. Why do these wicked move on with no issues and here I am conflicted and affected? I didn't ask for any thing crazy. I asked for peace, justice and vindication. He said it's already done and more. Be still. I guess I'm just tired of the wait as he also said it would all end soon, yet nothing.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So for the past 2+ years I have been conflicted with one thing that keeps repeating itself in multiple facets in my life.

Well the big issue is trusting God.

At first I thought it was directly dealing with how people treated me badly, used me and abused me, then tossed me out like I meant nothing. When this would happen, I got angry at God. I was mad because I would always ask got to guide my steps in dealing with them. So when it got bad I would blame God for not protecting me or warning me. This happened with 3 relationship and multiple friendships.

After much hurt and anger I started to look deeper and figured out for these situations to mirror each other so closely there must be a bigger issue at hand.

Then I realized it was my lack of trust in God. The way I would flip on him for what others have done.

So I went to him, we spoke and he clarified many things for me. He even showed me some of my feelings were valid and went further to make promises to me and confirmed it through multiple sources.

So I was beginning to trust once again, but then another situation occurred with strangers and even in this situation the other parties lied, deceived and falsified statements that harmed my life and yet these individuals got away with it just like all the rest.

This then reset all the anger I had toward God. All the same doubts, anger and questions came back. "Where are you? Where is the protection? Why do you keep letting these ill intended people to get away with the wicked things they do.

I'm not saying I am a saint but in each of these situations I was respectful, kind and approached with Christ-like love.

Now God has promised me that he is going to deal with all of these people. Told me to trust be still and be patient. He promised "You will get everything you have asked for and more.
Now my bid issue keeps arising because the more I trust the more I feel let down by him because for the past 2+ years he has not kept one of his promises.

So I'm here asking anyone. How do you trust when the one you want to trust does nothing. This has caused me much unhappiness and stress. I loved my relationship with God but now I feel I don't have one with him. I am still trying to have one with him but I find it hard to trust God because I feel he has lied to me.

I know they say he does not lie, but the reality that is my life has proven otherwise.

How do I stay with him/God, when he is the source of my pain, anger, frustration and distrust?

Sorry for the long story.
Hello nosolostsoul.

Philippians 1:29
For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

You must undergo the suffering, you must be excluded, this is God's will.

Upvote 0

nosolostsoul

May 19, 2017
nyc
✟17,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like you pray and then doubt. Stop doubting. God hasn't given up on you (and He never will), you are giving up on Him. He is loving you, you are getting angry. Do you walk about your home angry and frustrated? Hello?

The song goes "if you trust & never doubt He will surely lead you out" of whatever is going on. Relax. Rejoice that eternal life is yours. Now walk in it.

I so don't want to doubt. I loved being in God's presence still do. I get an undescribable joy when helping others or seeing others learn from him. However there are moments when I am like but what is wrong with me. I am trying my hardest to be still, which is not easy for me and trust, which is also not easy for me. I strive to stay in God and bring others to him but then feel bad because I have this doubt in him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been there. You are focusing on the revenge, life is not fair. I thought God was a just God, where is my justice. When you focus on that, you push yourself away from God. When you have people who break your trust, heart, you need to pray for them and turn it to God. Then move on. Easier said than done, but the more you obsess over, God isn't doing anything for me and he's not fair, the more you will push away and be I don't need God, he's a liar. God is not a liar. People are the ones who have failed you. God is not. Don't focus on it's not fair, He isn't fair. Look at the positives and what He has done for you. It will take a lot of prayer, crying, and work. But trust me it's possible. Write to God in letters, turn your anger to Him and don't hold back. He will comfort you. I'll say a prayer for you. God bless. :)

Upvote 0

nosolostsoul

May 19, 2017
nyc
✟17,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been there. You are focusing on the revenge, life is not fair. I thought God was a just God, where is my justice. When you focus on that, you push yourself away from God. When you have people who break your trust, heart, you need to pray for them and turn it to God. Then move on. Easier said than done, but the more you obsess over, God isn't doing anything for me and he's not fair, the more you will push away and be I don't need God, he's a liar. God is not a liar. People are the ones who have failed you. God is not. Don't focus on it's not fair, He isn't fair. Look at the positives and what He has done for you. It will take a lot of prayer, crying, and work. But trust me it's possible. Write to God in letters, turn your anger to Him and don't hold back. He will comfort you. I'll say a prayer for you. God bless. :)

Thank you! I think I'm pass the Revenge part. For me it's the anxiety of waiting on him. I speak with him. He has taught me to forgive and I have even said prayers for most. However the waiting on the promises does make me pull away. Sometimes I want to just leave. He won't let me, yet still don't help in relieving this anxiety. Guess I'm just drained. Thank you all for your prayers and help. It is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes we want what we want and we think God is going to give us that, but He says no. Or we have to be patient. I'm not sure what it is you think God promised you, and then didn't deliver on. He doesn't always give us what we want, He gives us what He wants to give us and sometimes, that's really hard to accept. I get angry myself and think why can't I have that. Maybe try and look and see if He has done other things for you, not just what you think you need. Also, from your tone in the post, I still think you have some bitterness and maybe you aren't accepting it, pray on that more, maybe too that's what is blocking your faith. I've been there too. You say you are over the anger at the people, but you kind of didn't seem that way in your post. You could look inside and see if you truly have let that go. Please don't take that wrong, I really am only trying to help you. Bitterness can hide itself inside our hearts in many ways and it blocks us from God and His grace and love.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I so don't want to doubt. I loved being in God's presence still do. I get an undescribable joy when helping others or seeing others learn from him. However there are moments when I am like but what is wrong with me. I am trying my hardest to be still, which is not easy for me and trust, which is also not easy for me. I strive to stay in God and bring others to him but then feel bad because I have this doubt in him.
Jesus proclaims, "stop striving." You're saved. You belong to God. Rejoice!

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply.
I have looked to Jesus as an example. It does help to know I am in great company because he has gone through it and prevailed.
See my problem isn't the people so much. It's whatever with them because they are human and flawed, just as I am.

My problem is staying close to God. Believing he lied. I hear it all the time he can not and his promises are true. Yet this just makes me feel as if I am the problem. Why do these wicked move on with no issues and here I am conflicted and affected? I didn't ask for any thing crazy. I asked for peace, justice and vindication. He said it's already done and more. Be still. I guess I'm just tired of the wait as he also said it would all end soon, yet nothing.
I'm going thru something that's on a scale of 1-10 it's a definite 10, BUT, I know that in this time, I am growing and maturing, even if I don't understand it, I TRUST MY LORD, and I know He has control, His timing is NOT my timing. Somewhere in the Bible it states a day is as a thousand years, so we don't truly understand timing on a Godly level, but one day we will. Learn to rest in the wait, it's in those times He's most likely to speak to your heart, be still and KNOW that I AM GOD. Faith asks that you don't believe what you see and hear, faith asks you to see it as God see's it, as if it is already done, no matter what we see and hear. Chill it's all good, your Daddy has got it all under control, when we give Him control, let it go. I found peace in this video I'm gonna send you, get alone and let this sink into your heart, mind, and soul. Don't take notes and be thinking about anything, just soak it up, peace my friend in Jesus Christ, SP. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your original post sounds like you had an idea about God, but never knew Him; and I wonder if you now do! You said you have returned to God, and suggested you are now giving Him another chance ---very bad thought!

Do you know that all mankind is born in sin and far off from God? One is not saved by believing about God, but being "born again" by the indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit, and that is only by obedience and receiving and devotion to the Lord Jesus ---God's beloved Son. Without the Lord Jesus in one's heart they will have no part in the Creator-God ---see John 1; John 3; John 14; etc. Without conforming to God's Word as the New Testament, one will only have religious ideas. Perhaps you might be able to explain your post differently than I understood it.

Upvote 0