Seek the reality which has existed for eternity before the bible, Seek God.

Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus Said,

“I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.

I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.

And my soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see; for they came into the world empty, (and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.

But now they are drunk. (But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind.”

Got 28:1-4

Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't realize that "Got" is Gospel of Thomas.

I was sleeping in church when the pastor read from the book last Sunday!:sleep:
It isn't widely accepted as it hasn't been heavily edited to fit into a religious narrative like the bible was, raw and uncut.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It isn't widely accepted as it hasn't been heavily edited to fit into a religious narrative like the bible was, raw and uncut.

I actually read it a couple of years ago. It's been a while.

The Bible isn't really that heavily edited. I also read other non-canonical books like Book of Enoch, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Judas, etc.

The Bible still contains many of the heavy and controversial stuff also found in those books.

Mainstream Christianity simply avoids preaching these stuff in the Bible or don't take them seriously enough!:doh:

The mainstream Christian doctrine is mostly "Pauline" - taking mostly from Apostle Paul's books.

And here's the BIG problem in that. Apostle Paul told us a disclaimer in one of his writings. He adapted his teachings based on the culture of his audiences. There's a strong cultural context involved....

And surprise! Our culture is not even remotely similar to any of the culture in those period that Paul preached in!

That is singularly the reason why we have many denominations (divisions). All claiming to be led by the (same?) "Spirit" while at the same time, can't agree on the same subject. Absurd, right??:sigh::sigh:

So here is the curious stuff.

Most Christians prefer the "out - of- context" interpretation of Paul's teachings over the teachings of Christ in the Gospels. There's a difference as soon as you ignore the cultural context.

Most Christians hate these kind of studies but ironically, "God is in the details". The Kingdom of God is like a treasure, you have to dig it up - presumably with difficulty. This is not something you relax beside a lake and hoping for a revelation. That won't happen! God doesn't keep lazy followers!

The dark truth here is that many Christians don't know the fact, or would bitterly reject the possibility they actually hate Christ. This is proven by how they avoid the teachings of Christ and prefer the incorrectly interpreted / incorrectly applied teachings of Paul instead.

I'm NOT saing Apostle Paul is a false teacher. But there are many false teachers out there who don't know how to "read" Paul's writings and ends up deceiving many and worse thing, they don't know it themselves!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Matthew86
Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

The Bible isn't really that heavily edited. I also read other non-canonical books like Book of Enoch, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Judas, etc.

The Bible still contains many of the heavy and controversial stuff also found in those books.

Mainstream Christianity simply avoids preaching these stuff in the Bible or don't take them seriously enough!:doh:

The mainstream Christian doctrine is mostly "Pauline" - taking mostly from Apostle Paul's books.

And here's the BIG problem in that. Apostle Paul told us a disclaimer in one of his writings. He adapted his teachings based on the culture of his audiences. There's a strong cultural context involved....

And surprise! Our culture is not even remotely similar to any of the culture in those period that Paul preached in!

That is singularly the reason why we have many denominations (divisions). All claiming to be led by the (same?) "Spirit" while at the same time, can't agree on the same subject. Absurd, right??:sigh::sigh:

Most Christians prefer the "out - of- context" interpretation of Paul's teachings over the teachings of Christ in the Gospels. There's a difference as soon as you ignore the cultural context.

Most Christians hate these kind of studies but ironically, "God is in the details". The Kingdom of God is like a treasure, you have to dig it up - presumably with difficulty. This is not something you relax beside a lake and hoping for a revelation. That won't happen! God doesn't keep lazy followers!

The dark truth here is that many Christians don't know the fact, or would bitterly reject the possibility they actually hate Christ. This is proven by how they avoid the teachings of Christ and prefer the incorrectly interpreted / incorrectly applied teachings of Paul instead.
I have a hard time understanding how people can exist within such contradictions it seems like it would make you uncomfortable or unsure, at least it did me. So let's see one the old testament says Psalms 12:6-7

6The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Now if you believe in jesus he clearly says a house divided against itself shall not stand now lets continue

The book of enoch which i just had a discussion about with my father in law, is in 100% total opposition to the bible, don't listen to me let's all look to the word of God. Deuteronomy 30:12

11For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

The book of enoch has angels suddenly getting sex organs and free will and i am like hey i thought humans were the special ones? Angels bringing divine knowledge down. Satan as some all powerful being able to war against God its absolutely ludicrous and in perfect alignment with all the ancient pagan traditions rome egypt babylon sumeria etc. Horus the sun god born of an immaculate conception he is part god part man. Horus then fights the evil set going on a journey performing miracles healingpeople resurrecting the dead. After defeating the evil god he ascends to be with the godhead sun disk in the sky and make intercession for me and for you. BUT remember the sun disk god head is perfect and cannot be in your prescence thus you need the innocent blood of human sacrifice to cover you to communicate through the god man to the god head sun disk. Lol i mean come guys seriously you guys still are into that stuff? Story of Abraham and Issac hello? Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should lie, nor the son of man that he should repent, i did not write that God wrote that hear the word of God and repent for your idolatry Turn to the ONE TRUE GOD OF ISRAEL worship him and none other for you shall have no other gods before him. Go and do good and stop spreading this ancient pagan myth brainwashing.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 13

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I'm NOT saing Apostle Paul is a false teacher. But there are many false teachers out there who don't know how to "read" Paul's writings and ends up deceiving many and worse thing, they don't know it themselves!

Paul was given teaching from the resurrected Lord Jesus, he didn’t learn it from the other apostles (see: Gal.). When he speaks of the "sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ" in 1 Timothy, he isn’t referring to the Gospels, IMO. He’s referring to the revelations Jesus gave him directly, that are contained in his letters.

Paul's "my gospel" IS directly from the Lord. This is what makes "Pauline" teaching powerful and authoritative, and suitable to his audience...the "one new man" of Ephesians.

No one who knows this "hates" the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Paul was given teaching from the resurrected Lord Jesus, he didn’t learn it from the other apostles (see: Gal.). When he speaks of the "sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ" in 1 Timothy, he isn’t referring to the Gospels, IMO. He’s referring to the revelations Jesus gave him directly, that are contained in his letters.

Paul's "my gospel" IS directly from the Lord. This is what makes "Pauline" teaching powerful and authoritative, and suitable to his audience...the "one new man" of Ephesians.

Paul is the first satanist 2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not

Go back to your anton levay satanist church Numbers 23:19 GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE NOR THE SON OF MAN THAT HE SHOULD REPENT

HEAR THE WORD OF GOD REPENT AND TURN TO THE ONE TRUE GOD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The One true God has manifest Himself in Jesus as he said He would.
Carl i admire your persistence. If you are going to make claims to someone that reads and believes fully in the Bible you should do that with scripture. I don't care too much for the opinions of men, and we should always listen to the pure word of God.

Doctrines of men come on man you know the story should i recite your own Bible to you? Study to show thyself approved?

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Do you dismiss biblical prophesy fulfilled in Jesus like for example Isaiah 53?
I know you are having fun at this point with me so let us read Isaiah together.

here check out this video and tell me what you think i always laugh so hard and itmakes my day better its a vid of those tv faith preachers acting silly.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ok Carl i will applaud you, Isaiah 53 is probably the best thing to pull out from your vantage point. Now let us proceed with educating ourselves on the book of Isaiah. Context is everything like the video above that is obvious bs faith healing, does prayer affect health and stuff like that YES does it magically cure illness NO there is no shred of evidence of dead bodies coming to life.

Isaiah Prologue - Isaiah message was two fold. First he admonished Israel for their sins ( something no other religion does openly btw, see martin luther- rabid antisemite ) but then he preaches a message of hope and reconcilation with some amazing prophecies that are very obvious when you write them out plain as day.

Now any Bible college would teach, to a believer, and i personally agree, that you use the Bible to define itself. An atheist would not like this but a believer should be familiar with this concept. So a Bible college would teach us to search before Isaiah 53 to get the context of who or what is being talked about. So let us build a consensus toward 53 with multiple witnesses so it is plain and clear and not confusing to anyone.

Isaiah 41 8-9 nasb
“But you, Israel,taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its remotest parts
And said to you, ‘You are My servant,
I have chosen you and not rejected you.

Isaiah 43 10:12
10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,
My servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me.
11 “I, even I, am the Lord,
And there is no savior besides Me.
12 “It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed,
And there was no strange god among you;
So you are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“And I am God. --- Note not i am jesus

Here we see witnesses plural and servant 500+ years before jesus this whole book is addressed to the Jewish people meaning you would have to have had christians to fit this verse 500 BC yeah that is kind of tough...

Isaiah 44:1 nasb

“But now listen, O Jacob, My servant,
And Israel, whom I have chosen:
2 Thus says the Lord who made you
And formed you from the womb, who will help you,

Isaiah 44:21 nasb

Remember these things, O Jacob,
And Israel, for you are My servant;
I have formed you, you are My servant,
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me.

I could keep going but i don't want to seem like i am being a butthole or shoving it down your throat or anything unless you want me to i am happy to share if it helps anyone.

Summary who is the suffering servant of Isaiah 53? Isaiah tells us it is Israel over and over and specifically says israel will be his forever and he will not break his covenant with them. First off Isaiah clearly says this servant does not have a human form that we should desire him so even further definition of the servant there. " He had neither form, nor grandeur, we saw him but not with such a visage as to desire him," Who is despised? The jews, someone just called every jew a murderer on this forum less than 24 hours ago. Who was persecuted and lead away? Think about it this is the time of exile to Babylon he is writing this book to Israel. Israel was lead away like a sheep to slaughter not giving up a fight.

Now look verse 10 God desired to oppress him and he afflicted him if his soul would acknowledge guilt ( you say this is talking about jesus ) he would see offspring and live long days and the desire of God would succeed in his hand. Hello jesus died with no offspring and lived a short life if he lived at all how in the world can you quote this verse this way?

Man i am sorry but you need to repent about this, people will read this and stop going to church because you are telling them jesus is god but the entire book every verse proves the exact opposite to what you are saying you are going to shake someones faith not reading and just citing verses like you actually have educated yourself and understand and comprehend what you claim you have read and believe and then try to convince me of. Sorry man thats like 10-0 for me i think you have had enough buddy pm me if you want more info i would love to study with you man. Love you brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Pac-Thurman-7777.jpg

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OK got it...

I'm sure Paul thought likewise until Jesus met him on the road...

Jesus appeared to me also when I was about 8...

Read my testimony thread here if you want -Jesus's Ministry

Have a great day.
Completely disregarded my rebuttal to your arguement. I read what you posted you ignore what i post because it is hardcore evidence and would shatter your faith you and i both know within our hearts that is why, DONT BE A COWARD STAND UP FOR GOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CROWD!

Who else had a visitation and special word from god? MUHAMMAD! I saw jesus too man when i got saved and the pastor touched my forehead and the church put hands on me yes i sawwwww jesus. Again God told us not to be led astray and he was testing our faith. Dude it is ok to be wrong i was christian once too i still live in the bible belt why would i choose to deny jesus , i have never met a single Jew! I cant even work a normal job here cause everyone is christian it is like choosing to be gay out of nowhere that is just plain retarded. I had to start my own business just to get away from these crazy people. Thank God he answers prayers but he doesntcome as a man it isnt possible and violates the Bible. Islam will welcome you they also belive jesus is messaiah and is coming back!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have a hard time understanding how people can exist within such contradictions it seems like it would make you uncomfortable or unsure, at least it did me. So let's see one the old testament says Psalms 12:6-7

It's failure of sound reasoning.

The book of enoch has angels suddenly getting sex organs and free will and i am like hey i thought humans were the special ones? Angels bringing divine knowledge down. Satan as some all powerful being able to war against God its absolutely ludicrous and in perfect alignment with all the ancient pagan traditions rome egypt babylon sumeria etc. Horus the sun god born of an immaculate conception he is part god part man. Horus then fights the evil set going on a journey performing miracles healingpeople resurrecting the dead. After defeating the evil god he ascends to be with the godhead sun disk in the sky and make intercession for me and for you. BUT remember the sun disk god head is perfect and cannot be in your prescence thus you need the innocent blood of human sacrifice to cover you to communicate through the god man to the god head sun disk. Lol i mean come guys seriously you guys still are into that stuff? Story of Abraham and Issac hello? Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should lie, nor the son of man that he should repent, i did not write that God wrote that hear the word of God and repent for your idolatry Turn to the ONE TRUE GOD OF ISRAEL worship him and none other for you shall have no other gods before him. Go and do good and stop spreading this ancient pagan myth brainwashing.

Divine revelations are like dreams. Knowledge passed down through many generations also become like dreams in narrative.

• Agree
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

These revelations to Paul isn't really that different to the teachings of Christ. They simply delivered those messages differently.

Paul under the cultural filter and Jesus under the Parable filter.

We're not supposed to try understand Paul based on the filter he used. Most Christians isn't even aware that filter exists, even though Paul mentioned about it in detail in the Bible. There's even evidence of that filter in effect (apparent contradictions between the teachings of Paul).

Most Christians outright dismiss this without even looking. It took me many years being a Christian, reading the Bible to finally see it and I'm not even looking for it. But many Christians would make their minds about it in just one second.

We have been commanded to scrutinize and not be simple minded.

Upvote 0