Seek the Face of God

Do we fully know God?  Do we only know about Him?

I challenge you, as I am being challenged, to seek God's face.  To seek His presence.  To know Him.  To stop trying to limit God to our schedules, and instead to make our schedule to know Him.

This is especially important at Church.  The services I've been to are always: worship for this amount of time, tithe, listen to announcements, and then a sermon.

Why don't we go to Church simply seeking God?  Seeking His presence.  Completely wanting Him,...with no thought of what we have to do that day after church.  Isn't He so much more important?

God Chasers by Tommy Tenney deals with this topic if you are interested.

(Edit: I had the wrong author)

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I have often heard people say, "Christians don't act that way". And I agree. Christians are not actors. If Christ is the Lord of our life, then schedules will surely revolve around Him.

I love the way you put it: "To stop trying to limit God to our schedules, and instead to make our schedule to know Him."

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Gerry
I have often heard people say, "Christians don't act that way". And I agree. Christians are not actors. If Christ is the Lord of our life, then schedules will surely revolve around Him.

I love the way you put it: "To stop trying to limit God to our schedules, and instead to make our schedule to know Him."

Hi Gerry.  I just wanted to ask an entirely unrelated question.  Did you ever get my reply back to your PM.  I haven't been able to send them lately for some reason, and when I didn't hear back from you, I wondered if you got it at all.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Autumn
Do we fully know God?  Do we only know about Him?

I challenge you, as I am being challenged, to seek God's face.  To seek His presence.  To know Him.  To stop trying to limit God to our schedules, and instead to make our schedule to know Him.

This is especially important at Church.  The services I've been to are always: worship for this amount of time, tithe, listen to announcements, and then a sermon.

Why don't we go to Church simply seeking God?  Seeking His presence.  Completely wanting Him,...with no thought of what we have to do that day after church.  Isn't He so much more important?

God Chasers by Tommy Tenney deals with this topic if you are interested.

(Edit: I had the wrong author)

Thanks Autumn, right on. LOL my mom just sent me two of Tenneys books. One was God Chasers. After I told her how I was seeking God.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this devo. I have read God Chasers and although I may not agree with all TT suggests, there is an underlying desire by all Christians to seek God's face.

I am doing a youth study at the moment about the Beatitudes and one of the ones that always jumps out at me (I must do a devo on this) is the blessing for those who hunger and thirst after righteousness. Seeking God, hungering after him, seeking his blessings not for a selfish reason but to me more like him!!!

Once again thanks for this devo

Your brother in Christ
Dave :clap:

Upvote 0