Seek Knowledge

yemsot

May 24, 2007
✟7,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
How long, ye simple will ye love simplicity? and scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you (Proverbs 1:22-23)
:preach:
When you come to Christ, one of the very first things you'll discover is a deep hunger for the Word of God. All you want to do is to know more about this Saviour that redeemed your soul from destruction. You'll make use of every opportunity to hear the word of God, not wanting to miss out on anything.
It matters what you do with what God has given to you. In the opening scripture, when God addressed the simple, He also rebuked the scorners, those who treat the Word with reproach and He called such people fools. What characteristics differentiate a wise man from a foolish man? According to the Bible, a wise man will hear and will increase learning (Proverbs 1:5), but a foolish man despises wisdom and instruction (Proverbs 1:7)
The Lord gives further instruction in the twenty-third verse of the first chapter of Proverbs on what to do when you find yourself in this predicament. He said, "Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto, I will make known my words unto you." That means He wants to pour out His Spirit unto His children, to rekindle their fire for the Word. So, He encouraged them to, "Come here and listen to me ..."(Proverbs 1:23 TLB). When you listen, He'll pour His Spirit unto you. That's how to fan aglow the embers of your passion for the Word.

:pray:Prayer
Father, stir up the hunger for your Word in my spirit I pray. Let me seek after your Word passionately, so that I may gain wisdom and understanding, in Jesus' Name, Amen.