Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very confused by these 2 verses in the bible: One says to seek justice:
Isaiah 1:17
while other says to turn the other cheek
Matthew 5:38-42

Imagine this situation. I see someone being oppressed. I defend him from the oppressor. The opressor slaps me on the cheek and I turn the other one. How could I defend the oppressed then? I will have myself beaten up and loose the battle with the oppressor.

What do you think? Is it possible at the sam time to seek justice and turn the other cheek. And what should I do as a christian in the above sitatuation and similar situations?

yaacotd

Dec 5, 2018
texas
✟495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Imagine this situation. I see someone being oppressed. I defend him from the oppressor. The opressor slaps me on the cheek and I turn the other one. How could I defend the oppressed then? I will have myself beaten up and loose the battle with the oppressor.

What do you think? Is it possible at the sam time to seek justice and turn the other cheek. And what should I do as a christian in the above sitatuation and similar situations?
I think that you need to go find something more worthwhile to spend your time than giving it to
useless scenarios that you have no power over in the first place even if you knew exactly
what to do in that situation before
you got in that situation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

One thing to remember is that a slap on the cheek is more of an insult that a threat to your life or safety. A slap on the cheek is more similar to someone insulting you than to a punch to the face. If you see someone being physically assaulted, you would do well to intervene. If the assaulter then assaults you, you should defend yourself. But if the assaulter simply turns to you and calls you derogatory names, don't respond in kind.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0