Seek His Face

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
1 Chron 16:11 Look to the Lord and his strength, seek His face always.

How many take that literally? Seeking "His FACE"
This advice was given at the time when they were celebrating the return of the ark of the covenant to Jerusalem. Is there something more to this than just turning your hearts towards Him more so than before, is it a beyond the ordinary into the supernatural realm of His world and into His Presence? If so, isn't also what He is waiting for?

• Agree
Reactions: Aseyesee

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is wating for fullness of gentiles to fullfill prophecy in Psalms 117 which will happen soon .

Edit : Holy Spirit correct me and told me to add this aswell . Romans 11:13-36

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
He is wating for fullness of gentiles to fullfill prophecy in Psalms 117 which will happen soon .

Edit : Holy Spirit correct me and told me to add this aswell . Romans 11:13-36

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
which under inspiration made the connection with..
Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Chron 16:11 Look to the Lord and his strength, seek His face always.

How many take that literally? Seeking "His FACE"
This advice was given at the time when they were celebrating the return of the ark of the covenant to Jerusalem. Is there something more to this than just turning your hearts towards Him more so than before, is it a beyond the ordinary into the supernatural realm of His world and into His Presence? If so, isn't also what He is waiting for?

I read something once that really stuck with me - it was in a Jewish writing, but I don't remember where; it was that "where your thoughts are, that is where you are." It made me think about what Yeshua said: "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." That takes things "beyond the ordinary" when you think about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
NO.... Real in His Holy Presence
Can you please describe what you mean. Because unless you are speaking figuratively or having a mystical experience, I really have no clue what you are referring to.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Can you please describe what you mean. Because unless you are speaking figuratively or having a mystical experience, I really have no clue what you are referring to.
Neither mystical nor figuratively... but until you "seek His Face".. any explanation will seem like "unreal" to you... Put your finger on Rev 3:20 and ask Him to come "sup with you" and don't stop until He comes. He will, be prepared, He is REAL, and scripture is inadequate to describe Him. Those in scripture who did encounter Him, did their best to describe it, and I know the difficulty in relating to those who have had no encounter with Him.,

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Neither mystical nor figuratively... but until you "seek His Face".. any explanation will seem like "unreal" to you... Put your finger on Rev 3:20 and ask Him to come "sup with you" and don't stop until He comes. He will, be prepared, He is REAL, and scripture is inadequate to describe Him. Those in scripture who did encounter Him, did their best to describe it, and I know the difficulty in relating to those who have had no encounter with Him.,
Your post got me thinking. I even prayed about it. How do we seek someone's face when we can even see their face, especially when they don't even have a face to see?
The face tells us what is going on with a person in response to us. Are they pleased with us. Are they angry. Do they find us humorous. Are they brokenhearted. When we say "Seek His face," it is a wonderful metaphor which says to find out how Hashem is responding to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Your post got me thinking. I even prayed about it. How do we seek someone's face when we can even see their face, especially when they don't even have a face to see?
The face tells us what is going on with a person in response to us. Are they pleased with us. Are they angry. Do they find us humorous. Are they brokenhearted. When we say "Seek His face," it is a wonderful metaphor which says to find out how Hashem is responding to us.
Afraid to get real?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Where in the world does this come from????
One of the biggest reasons that people do not get closer to God, is because they are like the multitude at the foot of Mount Sinai, afraid. God doesn't want us to be afraid of getting up close and real with Him, just as He wants to get up close and real with us. Like Moses said. ...

Numbers 11:29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!

God wanted the people to prepare to meet Him, and gave them three days to prepare. But they did not. Not because of all the miracles that brought them to this place, but because they were still "afar" in so many ways, that they could not comprehend nor understand what to expect in His Presence.

Here we are today talking about living with Him, and yet we as a body of believers have yet to "dwell" in His Presence. How can we expect to endure His "Holy" Presence, when we can't even want to believe you can. That is where "GET REAL" comes from. enough talking about the theology, the religious doctrines, etc...

How can He prepare a people, if they are not willing to climb Mount Sinai and come face to face with Him? His world is a whole different paradigm from what this world portrays. The people who wrote of their experiences with Him did their best. But language and the written word just doesn't do it justice.

Revelation reads like some out of this world a strange cryptic message, but it is five dimensional, and can not be clearly explained in linear language. Yet, if believers are willing to go before God, He would gladly give them the scroll to eat. Then they would understand.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
One of the biggest reasons that people do not get closer to God, is because they are like the multitude at the foot of Mount Sinai, afraid.
But what does this have to do with your personal attack on me via your uncalled for question? IOW, I don't believe I said anything that warranted your insulting question.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and his strength, seek His face continually.

By taking this advise and placing at a human comfort level, it becomes a platitude. Getting real and seeking "His face" as something to be achieved in faith, the learning process begins. How does the unholy come into the Presence of Holiness and before the Holy One of Israel, King of the Universe?

Start with repentance, and get God to help you with that. We start off with the sins that we can think of, but that is not the depth of sins [how much it is ingrained in us] , the root of the sins [our inheritance of sinful habits] , the fruit of sins [destruction, disease, death etc it causes] , and the width of sins [how it affects those around us]. We can not even begin to imagine what sin looks like in God's eyes, until we stand before Him.

With all this talk about the signs in the heavens, now is the time to take these seriously and respond like never before. Now is the time to prepare to be with Him forever.

Amos 5:8 Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is His name:

Let me say this... This is no ordinary experience, it is an out-of-the-ordinary experience and profound. All the words of scripture will come alive and real in their impact upon your heart. Isaiah’s response was to cry out, “Woe to me! I am unclean!”. And you will be before God. Unworthiness in the face of the holiness, was his experience. His response says his fate is sealed because “I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” And He did see the King, the Lord Almighty. And lived to tell of the experience. God will throw His Robe of Righteousness so that any believer who has come this far, can stand before Him.

Imagine, standing before God, talking to Him face to face, getting all the questions that have so befuddled you regarding His world and the lies of this world. What is coming to pass, will be revealed to you just like it was for John. It is a vision, that encompasses His World, our world, and what will come to pass.

Matthew 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

And don't give the "context" argument, for I know that when you stand in His Presence, it will come together like an ordinary conversation, yet every word is from the Word of God and in His Order which allows it to be in more than one "context". That would be just an argument to duck out of getting "real with Him"

Upvote 0