Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it so hard to see yourself through Gods eyes,to believe
the good about you and to know who you are in Christ? I don't know about
any of you guys but I have such a hard time with that.Is there any way I can get past it?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
any of you guys but I have such a hard time with that.Is there any way I can get past it?
I think most of us are caught between what we feel deep down to know what we "deserve" which is "part" of the truth, and/but, what we actually "get" (from God) and the way he chooses to see us, regardless of that...

That he would even "die" for us, completely regardless of this, should cause to be able to believe this, the latter... That were so very valuable and precious in his eyes and sight and judgement, completely regardless of the former... Should make us realize how very, very much, truly and deeply we are truly loved and seen as so very valuable to him...

I think we have a hard time believing the latter, due to the former...

He chose to die for us, just to "try" and "make us see" this... But, many, "miss" this, unfortunately...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why nobodys really responding.

The problem is, to see ourselves through God's eyes we would have to put ourselves in God's position, and God is unfathomable. We can not, as humans, fully comprehend God as much as we try. I've dedicated my life to trying to understand God, and here I am 53 years later getting suprised by him all the time.

The best I can ever hope to do is love my neighbor as myself, understanding that God is also my neighbor. I can never fully do that, as much as I try, because my human nature fights against it.

So, how can I know how God sees me if I can't comprehend God?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seeing yourself as God sees you is something that is only done through faith. Sanctification is the process where God gives us a greater knowledge of him and faith in him (and knowledge of ourselves).

One of our parts in the process is to learn from Scripture who we are as children of God and believe what God said about us. This is a huge facet of Christian Living and there is a lot written and recorded on the topic, including cheat sheets of collections of verses to remind us of the truth. Here is one example.

God transforms our knowledge of the truth (in our minds) into our hearts and our experience of ourselves by abiding in him.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks so much for responding to me and letting me see this is a common problem.
I want so much to be able to get past it.Do you have any idea how I can?
When you commit a sin, ASAP, "humble yourself", talk to God about it, apologize, (Forgive yourself in that very moment, cause God does right then), and "forget" about it, (cause God does in that moment) (and know that he does do this, when you do this, and is not holding it against you any longer in any way) and try to and commit and resolve yourself to not to do it anymore, again, and move on and recover rapidly, quickly and happily...

The sooner you can do this, and the quicker you can do this, and the more you always make a habit of doing this, when you commit a sin, the better...

No need to cry and wail, and roll around on the floor, about it or over it, so to speak, either... Just simply humble yourself, talk to God, do not make excuses, and apologize for it, forgive yourself, forget about it and move on from it and recover quickly and go about your business from there, not giving it any more thought...

Might be good to ask God for help not doing it again, also, but when you have forgive yourself, forget about and move on, cause God has and does, when you do this...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks so much,but this doesn't have so much to do with accepting
forgiveness for my sins as I really dont have a problem with that,but rather knowing who I am in Christ
and how much I am worth in his eyes. That I have a struggle with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks so much,but this doesn't have so much to do with accepting
forgiveness for my sins as I really dont have a problem with that,but rather knowing who I am in Christ
and how much I am worth in his eyes. That I have a struggle with.
You are a dearly and greatly beloved child of the most high God...

What do you want to be...? What do you wish to be...?

I can only begin to answer if I describe to you how I have answered those questions for and about myself...

I am, or seek to be or am in the process of becoming "Love" that's what I want to be and what I seek and am aiming for in my life... I am (besides a dearly and greatly beloved child of the most high God) I am a "witness" and "representative" of God and Christ, and also a "servant" of them, AND my fellow man...

I can say, only because of God, that I am "good", and that I am in the process of and seeking to be "whole" and "complete", and I believe this will happen while I am in the process of becoming "Love"... I am meek, but not weak, humble, but not a walking carpet, kind, gentle, generous, gracious, humble, kind and merciful and very forgiving and very patient... I seek peace, harmony, and joy and seek to make these a part of myself as well... All, only, ONLY BECAUSE OF HIM, alone, cause that's who he wants me to be and how he see's me...

As I mentioned in my earlier post, try to know and understand the great, very great, "depths" and height's and length and breadth of his very, very great, high and deep and far and wide, intense great passionate, great "Love" for us...

That he loved us to death, literally, and the point of his dying, and what he wants, the "only thing he want's out of or for it, what he want's so desperately out of it, is for us to realize this great love he has for each and every one of us, of his... Oh, how he wants us to get that... and let it sink in way down deep in us...

If you can grasp this kind of love, it should clearly tell you and should make you greatly realize, by this kind of Love, your great, invaluable, priceless "worth" in his eyes... One good look at this and you should just of how much great value and "worth" you are...

The cost was very, very high for us, for you personally, my dear, but he gladly and with much joy over what he was gaining, namely, "us", and "you" personally, gladly and with great joy in his heart about gaining and getting us back from the enemy, gladly and with great joy, "paid it all" for every single one of us...

On another note, I've heard it helps some people to "insert" their own personal name into passages they read in scripture, like, "He died for our sins, or for us", to, "He died for my, sunshineforJesus's sins, and for "me" personally..." Some tell themselves, "If it was only just "me" only, he still would have done it for just "me", if it was only just me, he would have done it all for just me..."

Making scriptures personal could help a great deal...

Your worth more than Gold, more than precious diamonds, jewels, gems, or the most treasured jewelry or masterpieces... You are yourself, sunshineforJesus, a very unique priceless masterpiece in his eyes...

You are personally, a priceless work of art no one, no man can afford to buy, but only a God could/can and "did", that's your "worth" to him...

I hope some of this helps...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You cannot even imagine how much your kind words spoke to my heart.I will definitely try
and remember to personalize the scriptures.It actually brought tears to my eyes your reminding me of my worth
and really touched my heart.

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

I have never met anyone who wasn't important
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello =) I know for me it is hard especially when I know what my faults are and how easy it is for me to lose focus....I let Him down a lot and knowing that makes me feel unworthy.....I call that a sad day....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You cannot even imagine how much your kind words spoke to my heart.I will definitely try
and remember to personalize the scriptures.It actually brought tears to my eyes your reminding me of my worth
and really touched my heart.
Awesome! That makes me very, very happy...

So very glad it touched you in that way,

See you round the forums,

God Bless You! eternally, always and forever...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello =) I know for me it is hard especially when I know what my faults are and how easy it is for me to lose focus....I let Him down a lot and knowing that makes me feel unworthy.....I call that a sad day....

I do too and it often makes me feel unworthy

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

I have never met anyone who wasn't important
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
When you commit a sin, ASAP, "humble yourself", talk to God about it, apologize, (Forgive yourself in that very moment, cause God does right then), and "forget" about it, (cause God does in that moment) (and know that he does do this, when you do this, and is not holding it against you any longer in any way) and try to and commit and resolve yourself to not to do it anymore, again, and move on and recover rapidly, quickly and happily...

The sooner you can do this, and the quicker you can do this, and the more you always make a habit of doing this, when you commit a sin, the better...

No need to cry and wail, and roll around on the floor, about it or over it, so to speak, either... Just simply humble yourself, talk to God, do not make excuses, and apologize for it, forgive yourself, forget about it and move on from it and recover quickly and go about your business from there, not giving it any more thought...

Might be good to ask God for help not doing it again, also, but when you have forgive yourself, forget about and move on, cause God has and does, when you do this...

God Bless!
Thank you for this =)..."the sooner you can to this, and the quicker you can do this, and the more you always make a habit of doing this, when you commit a sin, the better....."

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for this =)..."the sooner you can to this, and the quicker you can do this, and the more you always make a habit of doing this, when you commit a sin, the better....."
Your very welcome, just glad that you like,

God Bless!

Upvote 0