✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Based on a close reading of John 3:3-5 there is a difference:

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Jesus said to see the kingdom of God is to see what the Father is doing in your life.
John 5:
Then Jesus answered and said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing
of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Simple.
Ever see a house and not enter it?
Almost mind-numbing.
If it is an invisible house.

Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured
as seeing Him who is invisible.
12:28
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace,
by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
John 4:
You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit
and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

John 3:
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again.
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where
it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Simple.
Ever see a house and not enter it?
Almost mind-numbing.

To "see" the kingdom of God, means knowing the kingdom of God. If you "see" Jesus you know him. The Pharisees saw but they didn't "see". If you are born again by the Spirit you know Jesus, you are in him and he is in you.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you "see" Jesus you know him.
Also, to see Jesus is to see the Father...
John 14:
Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.
9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?
He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, Show us the Father?

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak
to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of
the works themselves.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are[ begotten] Sons of God now, but we will
have a real birth [ born as spirit] at His return.
Romans 8
"God's only begotten (only-born, chief) Son" is not us (Jn 1:14, 18, 3:16, 18; 1Jn 4:9; Heb 11:17).

Upvote 0