Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Little children can’t wait to grow up. When they have a birthday, they are filled with joy that they are one year older. And yet, as little children, they are still dependent upon their parents in many ways. The same is true of us in a spiritual sense. We often want to “grow up” and to become great saints, attaining great things for God. And yet, we must often remind ourselves that we are still children. In our “littleness” before God, we are now and ever will be fully dependent upon Him for all our needs. Recognizing this fact is essential to becoming a great saint and growing in holiness. We become great by becoming small (See Diary #779).

Reflect upon your littleness before God. Compared to the glory and power of the Almighty, we are small and weak. But God sees our littleness and He desires that we run to Him in complete confidence. Entrust yourself to His Mercy and run to Him. Realize that it is only by humbly admitting your total dependence upon Him that you are made strong through His embrace.

Lord, I do run to You and cling to You in my need. You are All-Powerful and glorious beyond measure. May I rely upon You in all things and continually seek You with my whole being. Jesus, I trust in You.

Source: Daily Reflections on Divine Mercy: 365 Days with Saint Faustina

• Friendly
Reactions: mozo41