SEEING AND HEARING!

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a number of places in the Bible where you see something like, 'which their eyes they don't see, and with their ears they don't hear.' The seeing and hearing are supposed to go together!!!!!

God made the heavens and the earth. Because He has already made the heavens, He made the earth in a similar pattern. Just like we have spiritual eyes we have physical eyes. Just like we have spiritual ears, we have physical ears. It is actually the spiritual first!

Yet because we are who we are, we think in fleshy or physical terms, and we don see with our spiritual eyes and we don't hear with our spiritual ears. We often tend to reject any ideas that we should see with our spiritual eyes and hear with our spiritual ears! Yet just like it is important that you open and use your physical eyes and ears, so too you need to open and use your spiritual eyes and ears.

I bring the up because one of the things I see in this section are people getting a dream or a vision and not also using their spiritual ears. I also see where people call Jesus Lord, but they don't take their questions to Him, to see and hear what He has to say about them.

As Christians, we are supposed to be pointing people to Jesus Christ! Are we doing that? Are we getting dreams and telling the Lord "Wow that was a crazy dream", but not actually seeking Him and what He has to say about it? Are we getting dreams and visions and asking other people for the interpretation instead of our Lord Jesus Christ? Are we both seeking Him ourselves for answers and pointing others to do the same?

A while back I got a dream. In the dream there was a poorly fenced off area where there were pools with sharks swimming in them. Then the sharks swam out of the pools and like certain catfish, they started walking on land and through the fence. They then walked into a Christian sanctuary.

So I woke up and asked the Lord about the dream. He told me that there were people raising "back biting" spirits in the pool of wisdom He had given them. And those spirit were making their way out of the loosely fenced in area the people had and making their way into His sanctuary.

That evening I was still considering this when I went to a Bible study I attended. there the talk was about a special meeting they had on Wednesday. I had known about it and had even talked to the Lord about going to it, but He told me that I had a lot to do that day. He said if I was to go I would need to take $20 because He was going to ask for a collection for the guest they were bringing in. Me being me, I decide I did have too much to do, and hearing about giving the $20 made me feel like I had better take the Lord advice to work on what I had to do.

Now, back to the Bible study and the talk about the special guest they had on Wednesday. God had shown up in that man, and God had even healed a person who had walked with a limp his entire life because one leg was longer than the other. Through the prayers of the guest God grew out the other leg his legs were even. But that was only half the conversation. There was a offering taken, and the people were upset that an offering was taken. Now things (back biting things) were being said about the man God had used to heal and create a testimony on Wednesday.

Everyone was all stirred up; so I tried to tell them about the dream and the interpretation the Lord had giving me. But even at starting to tell about the dream; the anger in the group turned towards me. The Lord instructed me to get up and leave and to knock the dust off my shoes after I left, because there was no peace in that house.

The point of all this is that the dream was only the first part of information. I and the others needed to keep in regular communication with the Lord. Shouldn't they have know there was going to be an offering taken before arriving. I was not told to go and I knew that. Shouldn't they have know they were raising back biting spirit in the pool of wisdom that God had given them. Shouldn't they have know that the fence they created to keep those back biting spirit contained was poorly constructed. They had lost their peace with God and that is a costly mistake.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
There are a number of places in the Bible where you see something like, 'which their eyes they don't see, and with their ears they don't hear.' The seeing and hearing are supposed to go together!!!!!

God made the heavens and the earth. Because He has already made the heavens, He made the earth in a similar pattern. Just like we have spiritual eyes we have physical eyes. Just like we have spiritual ears, we have physical ears. It is actually the spiritual first!

Yet because we are who we are, we think in fleshy or physical terms, and we don see with our spiritual eyes and we don't hear with our spiritual ears. We often tend to reject any ideas that we should see with our spiritual eyes and hear with our spiritual ears! Yet just like it is important that you open and use your physical eyes and ears, so too you need to open and use your spiritual eyes and ears.

I bring the up because one of the things I see in this section are people getting a dream or a vision and not also using their spiritual ears. I also see where people call Jesus Lord, but they don't take their questions to Him, to see and hear what He has to say about them.

As Christians, we are supposed to be pointing people to Jesus Christ! Are we doing that? Are we getting dreams and telling the Lord "Wow that was a crazy dream", but not actually seeking Him and what He has to say about it? Are we getting dreams and visions and asking other people for the interpretation instead of our Lord Jesus Christ? Are we both seeking Him ourselves for answers and pointing others to do the same?

A while back I got a dream. In the dream there was a poorly fenced off area where there were pools with sharks swimming in them. Then the sharks swam out of the pools and like certain catfish, they started walking on land and through the fence. They then walked into a Christian sanctuary.

So I woke up and asked the Lord about the dream. He told me that there were people raising "back biting" spirits in the pool of wisdom He had given them. And those spirit were making their way out of the loosely fenced in area the people had and making their way into His sanctuary.

That evening I was still considering this when I went to a Bible study I attended. there the talk was about a special meeting they had on Wednesday. I had known about it and had even talked to the Lord about going to it, but He told me that I had a lot to do that day. He said if I was to go I would need to take $20 because He was going to ask for a collection for the guest they were bringing in. Me being me, I decide I did have too much to do, and hearing about giving the $20 made me feel like I had better take the Lord advice to work on what I had to do.

Now, back to the Bible study and the talk about the special guest they had on Wednesday. God had shown up in that man, and God had even healed a person who had walked with a limp his entire life because one leg was longer than the other. Through the prayers of the guest God grew out the other leg his legs were even. But that was only half the conversation. There was a offering taken, and the people were upset that an offering was taken. Now things (back biting things) were being said about the man God had used to heal and create a testimony on Wednesday.

Everyone was all stirred up; so I tried to tell them about the dream and the interpretation the Lord had giving me. But even at starting to tell about the dream; the anger in the group turned towards me. The Lord instructed me to get up and leave and to knock the dust off my shoes after I left, because there was no peace in that house.

The point of all this is that the dream was only the first part of information. I and the others needed to keep in regular communication with the Lord. Shouldn't they have know there was going to be an offering taken before arriving. I was not told to go and I knew that. Shouldn't they have know they were raising back biting spirit in the pool of wisdom that God had given them. Shouldn't they have know that the fence they created to keep those back biting spirit contained was poorly constructed. They had lost their peace with God and that is a costly mistake.
I agree with everything you have said.
It is distressing that people who have received dreams and visions will happily trawl the internet for interpretation rather than seek God himself.

In my experience, understanding dreams is very similar to the disciples trying to understand the parables of Jesus. They invariably looked at things with their natural eyes, the eyes of the flesh.
If we want to understand God's purposes, human intellect is the last place to look.
Flesh begets flesh, we need to eat and drink from the Spirit. We need the wisdom of God, which of course is freely available to those who are willing to lay down their intellect.

James1v 5But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Upvote 0