Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
if you are a farmer, you know planting seed is not just a one time event. You have to cultivate your soil, water it and give it sunlight if you want it to grow. Spiritually it's the same idea. To get a financial harvest you have to plant seeds. God can then rebuke the devourer for our sake and we develop a deeper relationship with Him when we know we can trust Him because He is unfailing and unlimited. Tithe to a good church that feeds you and give to ministries where there is a great anointing on their lives. Are you new to WOF?
Then why did Jesus die for? 2 Corinthians 8:9?

The Spirit leads into all truth and thus feeds every christian. Tithes are given not to be blessed but because we are blessed by the blood of Jesus which is the seed.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
The tithe is not a offering for a seed.
The seed is to enable other ministries that are in need of growth.

Christ's blood alone is seed. Tithes is an instrument under Christ to give to other ministries.

Growth of other ministries come not from tithes but FROM Christ's blood.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
You are always blessed on the finished work that Jesus did. The caveat though is you also have to put your faith into action, in a sense your actions show that you agree with the word. In the financial area, a continual life of giving, is your faith in action. Your giving is laying your treasure in heaven too. Your works, of giving reaffirm your faith and can give you an expectation of a harvest. In a sense you confession affirms your salvation, healing often comes through a point of contact, such as anointing oil or laying on of hands. Financial prosperity, has a point of contact too, it often is your giving. I pray the Holy Spirit teaches us more on this subject, specifically the relationship between seedtime and harvest.

The amount of sermons & efforts dedicated to teach on tithing is too large in comparison to the efforts put in training believers to do personal evangelism.

So the emphasis appears to be not on actions that express faith but rather ensuring financial income into ministries.

The most important point of contact is sharing the gospel.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Christ's blood alone is seed. Tithes is an instrument under Christ to give to other ministries.

Growth of other ministries come not from tithes but FROM Christ's blood.

Christ Blood , being sprinkled on the mercy seat of the Father provided atonement for mankind once and for all.
A seed is planted and watered and produces fruit, salvation is not a progressive work.

I'm sorry but this seems to promote lordship salvation.
Quote : In defence of the Gospel,
With MacArthur having changed the terms of the Gospel, in the form of his Lordship Salvation theology, this book has all the promise to be another abuse of Scripture. Since John MacArthur has already changed the terms of the Gospel, there is virtually no possibility his new discovery will square with the whole counsel of God. From his sermon Slaves for Christ2 MacArthur said,

When you give somebody the gospel, you are saying to them, ‘I would like to invite you to become a slave of Jesus Christ…give up your independence…give up your freedom, submit yourself to an alien will, abandon all your rights, be owned by, controlled by the Lord’. That’s really the gospel.” Un Quote.

Now let's look at our Fourm rules for a moment.

There have been some issues here, and here is what you need to know about WOF.
Word of Faith is a safe haven for those whose belief system is in line with the Statement of Purpose.

WOF members - Even members may not teach against the beliefs of WOF, nor debate/teach against the leaders/teachers of this group. Statements from outside of WOF may not be quoted from other denominations, as they are not WOF.

If you wish to debate teaching/leaders, then you need to go to the appropriate forum where you may do so, or open a formal debate with someone who you wish to debate a specific issue.

Members or visitors who teach against or debate against WOF beliefs or leaders will be actioned, and repated issues may result in a ban from this forum.

This may be a misunderstanding, since you post under a WOF
Faith icon.
But this applies to Word of Faith members as well.
As yet I have not reported this post due to needing a better understanding of your teaching by your explanation.
So thank you ahead of time I'm sure this misunderstanding can be
Worked out.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me... its never about self.. I can truly NOW understand my brother Paul on SOME things lol. That.. I can do anything..have what ever. Yet is NEVER about me or what I can have. For ME the more I know HIM...the more I see its ALWAYS about others. I can see I can understand what your talking about..

But HOW are you looking at this? Through the eyes of flesh? Through what some man on this planet said? God is a spirit.. when we just WORSHIP Him it has to be in SPIRIT and TRUTH. God is NOT of this world.. this WORLD is not our Home. I dont live here. NONE of my riches are here. When you read RICHES...is it of this WORLD He was talking about?

No Baptist nor Faith preacher has a better or more right to talk to Christ to Hear from the sweet sweet Holy Spirit. For me.. I can listen but do not agree with all that any preach. It HAS to be written. When "what that verse is really saying, what that word really means" is said.. that is NOT His word. I am NOT talking org Greek or Hebrew lol.

There is SO much said about prosperity that is not written.. YET there are over 7k promises of GOD in His word.. where the KEY is LOVE HIM...to get. This world will pass away.. this not our Home.. its not ..if your RICH here you will be there...What I find and believe is...SOME use spend what is UP THERE ..they use it here.. and will not have it there.

Well read 2 Cor 8:9... so Christ was POOR here? WHEN did He become poor? 12 people one holds all the money? One is taking from it all the time and NO ONE knew? They were so poor yet no one knew money was being taken? When Jesus went home. ALWAYS HOME meant the CITY as home? Or did they have in fact a home? yeah.. its NOT written.. yet.. one has to ask..

So.. became poor so we can be rich.. how does HE mean it? See it through HIS eyes not what some man says on this planet.. and if one is REALLY seeking as being RICH in this world.. HE will say nothing.. has to asked from the heart...really wanting to know..

Sorry if I didnt hit or answer.. I have in 57 years NEVER heard this..

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why is the sacrifice of Jesus not considered the seed for financial returns?

Why only in the case of financial victory, do tithes and offerings become the seed instead of Jesus' sacrifice?
different kind of seed. Satan does not like people tithing because God says he will rebuke the devourer for our sakes! Really works too, hardly ever sick, nothing breaks down much at all to name a few things
"If you give tithes, God will give financial returns", is not faith but law.

"Jesus gave Himself and so God gives financial returns" is faith.
it is part of a covenant relationship with God. If we are in covenant with him, we have every right to expect and thank Him for specific blessings!

• Agree
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
different kind of seed. Satan does not like people tithing because God says he will rebuke the devourer for our sakes! Really works too, hardly ever sick, nothing breaks down much at all to name a few things

it is part of a covenant relationship with God. If we are in covenant with him, we have every right to expect and thank Him for specific blessings!

God rebukes the devourer based on your work of tithing or the work of Christ on the cross? Are you despising the work of Christ?

Is your covenant relationship with God based on your work of tithing or the blood of Christ? Isn't your basic foundation wrong?

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God rebukes the devourer based on your work of tithing or the work of Christ on the cross? Are you despising the work of Christ?

Is your covenant relationship with God based on your work of tithing or the blood of Christ? Isn't your basic foundation wrong?
Malachi 3 spells it out. Tithing is only a part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
God never negated the law of prosperity and it works for those who apply it

So your law of prosperity is enough for you to provide prosperity? So why do you need Christ for? What does God's word say?

2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Doesn't God's word say Christ alone paid for prosperity? Are you misrepresenting word of faith? Where's the law of prosperity mentioned in the verse?

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So your law of prosperity is enough for you to provide prosperity? So why do you need Christ for? What does God's word say?

9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Doesn't God's word say Christ alone paid for prosperity? Are you misrepresenting word of faith? Where's the law of prosperity mentioned in the verse?
there is so much on this subject. here's a link: Prosperity Laws - from God's Plan for Man

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Abraham was very prospered from God.
Why?
This was long before the law of Moses.
Have you studied Hebrews ?
Have you ever heard of the collection for the saints that Paul taught?
The first New Testament Church gave far more than 10%
They sold what they had and gave all.
Some died because they broke their vow to God

Acts 5: 1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2. And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. 7. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 10. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. 11. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

People were giving and yet had no lack:

Acts 4: 34. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 35. And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Here is what Jesus Christ said:
Luke 6: 38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

2 Corinthians 9: 6. But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 9. (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. 10. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

Are we forced to give, or is it our free will?

Upvote 0