Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First off, Geo is not serious he is baiting those of us that take modesty seriously (or way too serious in the eyes of many in the world and cf), or he is simply making fun.

I find the advertising disturbing though company seems to have a good idea going. I love the idea of girls being encouraged to give snowboarding a try in a way that is geared in making it safe for them. But, that bunny girl gives the idea that it's about being cute in that look at me don't I look hot in this outfit. That gives the appearance that snowboarding is more about looking cute for the boys then it is about challenging yourself and having fun. It's just middle school and high school are such formative years, and I don't like sex or sexiness being pushed on kids so early. Not to mention it's just silly. If you are going snowboarding your belly shouldn't be exposed, you'll freeze.

actually it's interesting i've never actually seen the logo in my profile on any snowbunny gear or on their website... their ads are bunnies and models wearing their gear doing impressive things on snowboards... this one came up on a google search, but i thought it was cute so i threw it into my signature :)

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I did, thank you. I didn't know that burkas came installed automatically with push up bras and thongs , though. Hubby thanks you, too.
That isn't actually a thong, its a head band to help prevent sweating. Those things are hot! I hope you didn't try to wear it like a thong ...

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You didn't send me a burka. I'm hurt. You know I would have gotten more use out of it then Miss Shelby.

oh don't say that! modesty is an important catholic virtue but there are dimensions to modesty... appealing to muslim standards of hadood, which are based on the incorrect premise that every part of a woman is immodest and must be concealed is not a good thing to do at all...

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
oh don't say that! modesty is an important catholic virtue but there are dimensions to modesty... appealing to muslim standards of hadood, which are based on the incorrect premise that every part of a woman is immodest and must be concealed is not a good thing to do at all...
don't mean it. I just wanted geo to know I didn't loose my sense of humor completely. Don't worry I'm way to clumsy to ever wear a burka.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no, don't think Aaron would appreciate that ;)

but that's different... we are supposed to cover our hair in certain scenarios, it's not like a burka, it's for different reasons...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
but that's different... we are supposed to cover our hair in certain scenarios, it's not like a burka, it's for different reasons...
The habit isn't just the veil. It's a full blown head to toe outfit a nun wears. I do always cover my head at mass.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The habit isn't just the veil. It's a full blown head to toe outfit a nun wears. I do always cover my head at mass.

i think i knew that from the mantilla thread... out of curiosity do you have any kind of iberian/hispanic background? it's kind of cultural for me but even then it is terribly uncommon... i'm surprised that there are people who even know what it is!

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sorry I try to use my winks when I'm joking but sometimes I forget.

lol i don't think it would have made a difference... i'm the most gullible person on OBOB. that's why miss shelby, mike and geo mess with me.

charles does also but he's trying to teach me things in the process so i don't feel so much like i'm being poked with sticks :) a bit more like i'm some kind of lab experiment...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i think i knew that from the mantilla thread... out of curiosity do you have any kind of iberian/hispanic background? it's kind of cultural for me but even then it is terribly uncommon... i'm surprised that there are people who even know what it is!
Nope, I'm Irish German. Covering my head is a devotion I choose to do, and I feel something that the Holy Spirit encouraged me to do. My family aren't currently aware that I purposely cover my head at mass so I wear a hat or silk scarf when i go to church with them.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, I'm Irish German. Covering my head is a devotion I choose to do, and I feel something that the Holy Spirit encouraged me to do. My family aren't currently aware that I purposely cover my head at mass so I wear a hat or silk scarf when i go to church with them.

why not tell them? that is something to be proud of! or would they not approve?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
hey no ganging up on me until i have at least one other person in my camp!! ...colleen, warriorangel or veritas should be on soon enough, then we can play dodgeball!

I'm good at dodgeball. Don't worry snowbunny they were clearly referencing Clinton. Now, whether a child growing up today would get that reference I can't say. That would require adults around them to be joking and explaining their jokes in their presence or history books to contain it. Is it inappropriate? Yes, but this site makes it's living on inappropriate. And, this thread being anything other then a playground for jokes? Well, I think that shipped has sailed.

:)

DID I miss the match already? :sorry:

I never have any fun.:(

However; just for fun....watch out geo...!!
whirlllllllllllllllllllll zzzzzzzzap....!

That's going to leave a mark.

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
why not tell them? that is something to be proud of! or would they not approve?
It's hard to explain. My mom had to cover her head growing up, and was told that walking into church with a kleenex on her head was better then nothing. She thinks the tradition is rather silly. They may not take it very seriously or even care, but I rocked the boat majorly a few years ago when I turned and became pro-life on them. My mom and I are just now at a point where she can respect that decision. I don't feel like rocking that boat again any time soon. For some reason I feel like it will be easier once I'm in Texas and married to tell them that sort of thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.