Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Check this out! www.google.com Type in an address! then click on “Google search”.

You will see a Google map with a “green arrow” pointing to the address.

Click on the “green arrow”! Now you will see a “red arrow”, click on it and you’ll see the house of the address. I looked up a address to a house I grew up in.

You can also see down the block and the houses and across the street.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is indeed cool.

But you're a little behind the times. EarthViewer was introduced in 2001, later to be acquired by Google and renamed to Google Earth in 2005. If you really want to see some coolness, download and install Google Earth.

:cool:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's just another function of Google Maps, it's old to me.

And not everybody who posts their address will see a 360 degree picture of any address they submitt because it all depends on where the van with the camera chose to go. Because Google Maps has worked hard on this, your chances are good but not guaranteed.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The streetviews in the UK are still very patchy, and seem to be confined to major cities so far.
I know they're working on getting my village in there though - one day in the spring I was waiting for a bus and a strange van with a camera on top went slowly by.

I stood looking at it, probably with a goofy expression on my face, and as it drove away it dawned on me, "Oh! :idea: The google van!!!"
Wonder if I'll see myself when they get round to uploading it? :o

If I'd known it was coming I could have arranged my face into a more dignified pose. Or ducked behind the tree for a minute! :doh:

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want real excitement look at streetview not satellite pics.

untitledhr5.jpg

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, it is real excitement, I have had alot of fun with Google maps for a long time now. I get to hang out in alot of different neighborhoods all over the place. Here, I'll give you directions to my place and in the process show you all how you can use Google maps.

Start out by centering yourself over the US. Find the state of Wisconsin and double click over the center of the state. Keep double clicking over the direct center of the state until you find the city of Wausau. Put your cursor directly on top of Wausau until you see the city map. Keep double clicking, slowly, untill you see Thomas st. running east to west. double click again until you see Cleveland Ave, a shorter street running north to south. Double click again untill you see Myron street running east to west. Put your cursor over the intersection of Cleveland Ave and Myron st. and double click. Now look to the upper left hand corner of the map and you'll see an icon of a little yellow man. Click it and hold onto it. Move it directly over the interection of Cleveland Ave. and Myron st. and let go of it. The picture of the street will show up.

Once you have the picture of the intersection of Cleveland Ave. and Myron st., look at the white lines moving up and down both streets. On each of these white line are arrows, one points forward and the other back. Click onto the arrow that is on Myron street. The picture will move onto the street and the white line for cleveand Ave. will disappear. Now center the picture so you are looking straight down the street. In the upper left hand corner there are directional arrows you can use to navigate, or you can use your cursor to click onto a point on the picture and hold it down to move it in any direction you want. I suggest to use the arrows as it seems to work best.

You will see that there is a little white house to the right side of Myron street, address 114 Myron, click onto the arrow that moves down the street about 3 or 4 times. Turn to the right and you will see the address change to 109 Myron st. That is my address. The house you will see is white with black shutters, that is my house! :)

Now if you want to see my back yard all you have to do us keep going down Myron street a little ways until you come to Emma Street, it's actually more like an alley than a street. Click onto the arrow for Emma street and move down the street by clicking the arrow. Look to the right and you will start to see a 2 story white house with a long driveway. That is my backyard! See, it's actually quite easy and alot of fun!! I must have been gone the day they took these pictures because my Dodge Dakota isn't parked.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The streetviews in the UK are still very patchy, and seem to be confined to major cities so far.
I know they're working on getting my village in there though - one day in the spring I was waiting for a bus and a strange van with a camera on top went slowly by.

I stood looking at it, probably with a goofy expression on my face, and as it drove away it dawned on me, "Oh! :idea: The google van!!!"
Wonder if I'll see myself when they get round to uploading it? :o

If I'd known it was coming I could have arranged my face into a more dignified pose. Or ducked behind the tree for a minute! :doh:
LOL, alot of the people in these pictures standing on street corners or walking down the street have the same look on their faces. Like, what the heck is that, look. When they get around to uploading your street, let me know, I want to see you!! :)

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now if you want to see my back yard all you have to do us keep going down Myron street a little ways until you come to Emma Street, it's actually more like an alley than a street.

Why don't you make it easy for us and just give us the URL? Just above the image your looking at is a link called "Link". If you click that, it will give the link of what you're looking at to share so you don't have to type long directions on how to find you! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Check this out! www.google.com Type in an address! then click on “Google search”.

You will see a Google map with a “green arrow” pointing to the address.

Click on the “green arrow”! Now you will see a “red arrow”, click on it and you’ll see the house of the address. I looked up a address to a house I grew up in.

You can also see down the block and the houses and across the street.

That is pretty cool. I looked up the address where I grew up and there use to be a dairy on the property behind us....now it was all filled with cars and trucks. I have no idea what it is now.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why don't you make it easy for us and just give us the URL? Just above the image your looking at is a link called "Link". If you click that, it will give the link of what you're looking at to share so you don't have to type long directions on how to find you! ^_^
Because I was explaining how to use Google maps to find any place you want to buy clicking onto the map, when an address isn't known. When I was alot younger I used to live in Milwaukee and it beats the heck out of me what the address was, I never knew it actually, but I remember the neighborhood and the house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Oh! I love google Earth - great teaching tool. The idea that we live on this big rock in the sky is soooo abstract for the kids I teach (special education) but seeing the Earth and then being able to zoom in on our country, state, and even our classroom makes it real for them. I can show them how the terrain changes from region to region and they understand what I'm talking about! Great stuff.

Also, if you are a Disney fan, do a search for Walt Disney World and click on the mouse ears.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh! I love google Earth - great teaching tool. The idea that we live on this big rock in the sky is soooo abstract for the kids I teach (special education) but seeing the Earth and then being able to zoom in on our country, state, and even our classroom makes it real for them. I can show them how the terrain changes from region to region and they understand what I'm talking about! Great stuff.

Also, if you are a Disney fan, do a search for Walt Disney World and click on the mouse ears.

Not just for kids either my hubby is addicted to Google earth. He loves scoping out good mexican beaches. LOL> gg

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I was explaining how to use Google maps to find any place you want to buy clicking onto the map, when an address isn't known. When I was alot younger I used to live in Milwaukee and it beats the heck out of me what the address was, I never knew it actually, but I remember the neighborhood and the house.

I am so curious to know where you lived. It'd be so weird if you were close to me. ^_^

Upvote 0