Second coronavirus stockpiling wave may be coming — and it goes beyond toilet paper, cleaning...

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So anyone else thinking of stocking up??

Yes. I expect a big 'lockdown push' in my state in the winter. Mostly just going to stock rice and TP though. If Biden wins, I might also fill some large tanks of Gas up. That way I'll make extra profit from the mileage I'm paid.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm always ready. I have more beans than I ever hope to eat. If it gets bad, y'all come on. We'll shoot the breeze, together. Actually, instead of stockpiling TP, I've decided to remain full of...jokes.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Not planning on stocking up anytime soon.
Why suffer a hernia pushing a trolley crammed with hundreds of rolls of toilet paper, when we can simply pick up a box of Immodium from the chemist.
However sumptuous and pretty it may look, even the Andrex puppy knows that the toilet paper won't look like that for very long.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It has ALWAYS been smart to be moderately stocked up. But we got away from that with our 'just in time' thinking that we could always run out and buy a whatever when we needed it. The supply chain we all rely on is not a very strong chain. As long as nobody panics it's fine, but one little hiccup and it can be empty shelves. If we all had a month's worth of emergency supplies we could ride things out. If we only have a three day supply we get scared if there is any thing.

I lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis and watched my parents stockpiling. We always had a pantry stocked. Bad weather comes, floods come, all kind of things could happen, a lost job, a broken down car, an accident. We need to take responsibility for our sensible needs. A full pantry is part of that responsibility. Not a year's worth of toilet paper, but enough for a month anyhow.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Actually, if Biden wins I expect Lockdown 2. I would expect that lots of other people will be expecting it too. So there may be panic buying before inauguration. Expect a huge run on guns and ammo already hard to get.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
...supplies

64% percent of shoppers created a stockpile of products after COVID-19 onset

Continued below.
Second coronavirus stockpiling wave may be coming — and it goes beyond toilet paper, cleaning supplies
When I think of the stockpile issue, I recall before the pandemic - people would tend to have 3 days of food and then go out and buy more. Now it's around 2 weeks or more.

To make up for this increased demand, the prices have increased, and some regions have had food and other good snatched from them by us - since there is limited supply overall.

So in this I remember that the poor countries may have to go without for a lot longer. I remember this in this space because Paul when he shook hands with the 12 were instructed to remember the poor.

So this is my remembrance. regrettably, not rich enough to do anything tangible about it though.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When I think of the stockpile issue, I recall before the pandemic - people would tend to have 3 days of food and then go out and buy more. Now it's around 2 weeks or more.

To make up for this increased demand, the prices have increased, and some regions have had food and other good snatched from them by us - since there is limited supply overall.

So in this I remember that the poor countries may have to go without for a lot longer. I remember this in this space because Paul when he shook hands with the 12 were instructed to remember the poor.

So this is my remembrance. regrettably, not rich enough to do anything tangible about it though.
Very true. And yet some places in the third world have practiced living with scarcity so long that many do have stockpiles of essentials. It is the poorest of the poor though that can be left out when everybody else stockpiles. If we do not remember them we damn ourselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Very true. And yet some places in the third world have practiced living with scarcity so long that many do have stockpiles of essentials. It is the poorest of the poor though that can be left out when everybody else stockpiles. If we do not remember them we damn ourselves.
Yeah James does teach on how the faith needs to be practical.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0