United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
State Supreme Court asked to weigh in on recall petition against Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan asked the state Supreme Court to reverse the decision of a King County circuit court judge that allowed a recall effort to move forward against her, which could result in her expulsion from office.

Durkan, a Democrat, was called out by five Seattle residents who filed a petition seeking to recall her because of how law enforcement officials have responded to protests this summer, according to The Seattle Times.

Durkan reportedly asked the circuit court judge to reconsider the decision, but the request was denied.

Continued below.
Seattle mayor appeals recall decision that could see her removed from office

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW...
Just WOW...

I smell an elitist in there somewhere.
Maybe if the judge's own neighborhood wasn't one that saw some rioting...or the courthouse he made his ruling from wasn't attacked.... or that the mayor said it was all about destroying Trump's record ;
The mayor's case would have gone another way.

Upvote 0

ACandleInthe Shadows

Mar 28, 2020
Seattle
✟21,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a fan of Durkan, but I know that the person these activists would replace her with would be worse.

It's a pity. Seattle was a beautiful city. But it is going downhill fast. I'm done with this place. I'm ready to move elsewhere.

Upvote 0