United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article-

The Seattle City Council has enough support in its body to defund the city’s police department by 50 percent even without Mayor Jenny Durkan’s approval, a report said.

The Seattle Times reported late Thursday that three council members threw their support behind Decriminalize Seattle and King County Equity Now. The paper described Decriminalize Seattle as a coalition inspired by the Black Lives Matter protests that seek the defunding.

Seattle has recently been the focus of an intense protest that occupied a precinct and about six city streets called CHOP. The city eventually removed the protesters but not before two people were killed by gunfire.

Continued below.
Seattle City Council seems ready to defund police by 50 percent

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wonder If you are aware but the last such drive through, a black guy killed 2 white girls when he drove through a group of blm protesters doing the cupid shuffle on a freeway.
In a messed up way it is like when Steve Irwin got killed when he was messing with that stingray
Hope that wasn't going too far
For some reason, that escapes me. I read so much news it’s hard to keep track after awhile. Been a busy week here on top of that. Ugh.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Angélica Cházaro, a University of Washington law professor and Decriminalize Seattle organizer, said, “It’s about spending the money that is currently used on police on things like free and universal health care, food child care and that would prevent property crime more than anything else.”

Without specifics of how police funds are used it is hard to say how realistic these claims are although it is hard to see any organization the size of Seattle police department functioning properly if the budget was suddenly cut by 50%.

Then again if this project was done long term with clearly understood procedures and goals while having public support the success rate might be completely different.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I am super bored.... my sister is still cranky so she isn't really spending time with me(we have our disagreements but whenever we start shouting at each other in Mandarin it takes days to cool off). My boss and the Cantonese guy came over and they hung out a bit, they carried me outside to sit by the pool so that was nice.
Anyways how are you?
Doing okay. Been fixing up the decks and sun porches. Doing my regular stuff on top of that. Getting ready to start a campfire.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I envy you.... I just realized most likely I won't make it to the beach this summer. Is a shame cause I just got one of those jeep tents for Balerion the Black Dread. Campfires are fun but have you ever done a seafood bake at the beach? .
Been to the beach but no seafood bakes.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
E35F4B68-B461-4152-8537-D372187172AA.jpeg
In that case I am going to post how I like to do it in the leisure section. I would do it here but posting about something fun will detract from the entertaining pro versus anti BLM comments that populate these political threads.
Not my best but from one of the decks.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very nice. If I may ask what part of the country are you in? It doesn't look like it's oppressively hot where you are.
I’m in the Midwest. It has been oppressively hot here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums