Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do any of you have testimonies of seasons of isolation? What did you learn? How did you grow in God? How long was the season, and did you see the purpose of it at the end?
What exactly are you talking about?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am intensely isolated right now. What this is teaching me is to be content with what God has given me, has allowed me to know, and shown me. And focus on following Him now, and worry less about where I wish I was.

• Agree
Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am intensely isolated right now. What this is teaching me is to be content with what God has given me, has allowed me to know, and shown me. And focus on following Him now, and worry less about where I wish I was.
I am going through the same thing, I have started to learn to be content in this season, and I am starting to get to know more about God and grow in my faith.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good for you! I think that is why God does this to us.

There are many Christians who crave isolation, silence, and alone time with God, but can't get it. Even if we feel bummed out and lonely, in a way, God is giving us an incredible gift. It may not feel like a gift, but it is!

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am enjoying learning and growing. I have had time to self reflect as well, so I am able to take the time to address some issues I have needes to deal with. Its not always a comfortable season, but I am growing so that is good.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I am enjoying learning and growing. I have had time to self reflect as well, so I am able to take the time to address some issues I have needes to deal with. Its not always a comfortable season, but I am growing so that is good.
That's good! Same here. I think God keeps me lonely, too, so that I can work on myself.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have social anxiety. I understand the isolation.
I have social anxiety as well. I have been trying to push myself out of it, but it seems like I am not getting anywhere trying to make friends. It's like I want friends, but I get anxious about meeting new people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have social anxiety as well. I have been trying to push myself out of it, but it seems like I am not getting anywhere trying to make friends. It's like I want friends, but I get anxious about meeting new people.
I pray you find some friends, or at least one good friend.

Upvote 0