Wandering the Matrix
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For as long as i can remember i have been fascinated by various aspects of Cyberpunk, and Fantasy. These two things intersect in a game called Shadowrun Online. If there are other Christians who are also interested in this genre/game, i would be interested in playing with you when SRO comes on-line later this year.

Please feel free to converse with me here about this topic as well. :)

God bless.

If interested is learning more, you can check out their Catalyst Games Website - Shadowrun Online (shadowrun.com/shadowrun-online/), or the Kickstarter page (kickstarter.com/projects/1964352341/shadowrun-online).

s4G1989

Wanderer of the matrix
Apr 12, 2013
Wandering the Matrix
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shadowrun: Returns is on my most definite list. I also like how they are including the editor and encouraging the community to contribute their scenarios. Not sure how much time i would have to contribute... but i am working on a story line in my own head. :cool: I like to write short stories anyway... it might be fun.

Shadowrun: Online, from what i can tell, is working hard to incorporate as much of the game as they can. Not like the FPS type games that were tried to be push on us in the past. Have you seen the production videos that they are putting out? If so, what do you think? Or does your opinion remain the same?

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I've seen of the game, the only thing really "Shadowrun" about it is the names of things and the cyberpunk world. Last time I looked at it (which granted, was a year ago), they had none of the core RPG elements that made Shadowrun what it is. That's one of the reasons I was thrilled to see the original developers get back to the soul of the game.

Upvote 0

s4G1989

Wanderer of the matrix
Apr 12, 2013
Wandering the Matrix
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm... i have been keeping up with it as best i can... maybe i am missing something, but i like what they are doing. They are also in collaboration with Jordan Weisman at Harebrained Schemes to link their efforts. Now, obviously, nothing will translate exactly from the P&P version of the game to a computer program, but... at least in my opinion, they seem to be doing a pretty good effort. Again, in my opinion. I was impressed enough to kick in some money to support their efforts. That will also give me a time to evaluate it, and see if it is something i want to play occasionally long term.

I do look forward to chatting some about Shadowrun Returns with you when it is released in June in any event. :)

Upvote 0