Seals and Trumpets

Rik Brooks

Non-denominational with strong Baptist leanings.
Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wondering. I know that this is not a salvation issue but...

The breaking of the seals happens at the start of the tribulation. The trumpets happen right after that but do the blowing of the trumpets happen in the first or second half of the tribulation. It appears to me that it's in the first since the Beast's covenant with Israel hasn't been broken yet but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟272,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The breaking of the seals happens at the start of the tribulation. The trumpets happen right after that but do the blowing of the trumpets happen in the first or second half of the tribulation. It appears to me that it's in the first since the Beast's covenant with Israel hasn't been broken yet but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

The Bible won't tell you that information because then an evil person would use prophecy to escape their judgment. Prophecy is deliberately ambiguous to make people choose the path that they naturally would choose. If they want to choose a false christ because that is an appealing option, then prophecy could be read in a manner that would allow them to chose the false christ and thus damn themselves.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thats answerable Bro. God has revealed it :

The 2 Witness shall be killed by the beast from bottomless pit after 1260 days of testimony.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days

The beast from bottomless pit is released by the 5th angel trumpet.
Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit;
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit.

So we can understand that the 5th trumpet will be sounded at 1260 days of Tribulation to release the beast of bottomless pit who will kill the 2 Witness.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Thanks
Actually as we see from history and the Bible; the first five seals were opened at Jesus' Ascension. Revelation 5 and Revelation 6:1
The next event we can expect is the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, that will set the scene for all that is prophesied to happen, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.
Then the Seventh Seal is a time gap of about a half hour in heaven. Revelation 8:1 Heavenly time is not the same as earthly time, 2 witnesses tell us that one day to God in heaven; is equal to 1000 years earth time. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8 So that half hour to God, will be 'about 20 years' for us. This is about right for all that is told us will happen between the Sixth Seal and the Return.

Re: the peace treaty between the 'beast' and God's people, this awaits the establishment of the One World Govt, that a powerful man will become dictator of, and the migration of all the Lord's people, from every race, nation and language to all of the holy Land, Revelation 5:9-10, every faithful Christian will go there to be the people God always wanted in His Land, but has never had. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26
We will be His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10 and His light to the nations, Isaiah 49:6-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rik Brooks

Non-denominational with strong Baptist leanings.
Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heavenly time is not the same as earthly time, 2 witnesses tell us that one day to God in heaven; is equal to 1000 years earth time. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8 So that half hour to God, will be 'about 20 years' for us.

Afraid that I have to disagree here. These verses appear to mean that one can not relate an Earthly time to a divine time. An hour is a division of the rotation of the Earth or the rotation of the Earth around the sun. God does not respect the sun as a timekeeper. Note also that you omitted half of the quote in 2 Peter in which in Gods time a thousand years is like a day. The verse is clearly stating that from God's point of view the concept of day, or year is meaningless.

I do so love this forum and all the different ideas though. Especially I like the courtesy with which people here disagree.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Afraid that I have to disagree here. These verses appear to mean that one can not relate an Earthly time to a divine time. An hour is a division of the rotation of the Earth or the rotation of the Earth around the sun. God does not respect the sun as a timekeeper. Note also that you omitted half of the quote in 2 Peter in which in Gods time a thousand years is like a day. The verse is clearly stating that from God's point of view the concept of day, or year is meaningless.

I do so love this forum and all the different ideas though. Especially I like the courtesy with which people here disagree.
What 2 Peter 3:8 tells us is; To God in heaven, the passing of a 1000 earthly years, to Him; its the same as our one day. This truth is given to us in a way we can understand, using concepts known to us. Peter reiterates the same formula, in the known Hebraic way of parallel emphasis. The same thing mentioned twice: God's one day, our thousand years.....Our thousand years - God's one day.

This truth is proved by the fact of there having been exactly 1000 year divisions of God's plan for mankind. We are now only a few years away from the final 6000 years decreed for mans rule and next to come will be the Millennium rule of Jesus.
God's 6 'Days' of Creation and then the '1 day' of Sabbath rest.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks
Can you tell us where in the Book of Revelation it is said that the Beast will make a covenant with Israel ?
If you are talking about Daniel 9:23-27 you must know that the Confirmation of the Covenant [under certain conditions] was betwen God and Israel....offer that have been rejected by Israel....when they refused Jesus the Messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks
I dont see a 7 year tribulation, the 1260 days in revelation 11 and the 42 months in revelation 13 are the same parallel time frames, the book of revelation is taught in parallel of same events, not chronological as many believe in error.

Gods word clearly teaches at the 7th trump, this physical world ends, eternity begins.

1 Corinthians 15:52-54KJV at the time of the "Last Trump" death is swallowed up in victory.

Revelation 10:6-7KJV voice of 7th angel, time no longer, mystery of God finished.

Revelation 11:15KJV voice of 7th angel, the kingdoms of this world end, Jesus reings for ever and ever, eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The last trump, voice of the 7th angel, are all the same event throughout the entire bible.
Wrong.
The last trumpet will be to call all the dead to the Great White Throne judgement. Revelation 20:11-15 Proved by 1 Corinthians 15:52, where the dead whose names are in the Book of Life will become immortal and Death will be no more.
Also, there is more to happen after the Seventh Trumpet, Revelation 11:15, because it isn't until the Seven Plagues [Vials] are poured out, that the wrath of God is completed. Revelation 15:1

Upvote 0