Sealed inside

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Gen 7:16 says .." The animals going in were male and female of every living thing as God had commanded Noah..

THEN GOD SHUT HIM IN....
Don't miss this.... even after Noah had built the Ark, it was God Himself who shut him in, in order to shut out the waters of the flood... In other translations this verse says "The Lord sealed them inside."

Would that boat sink if God didn't seal it? Was it only the door that got sealed?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gen 7:16 says .." The animals going in were male and female of every living thing as God had commanded Noah..

THEN GOD SHUT HIM IN....
Don't miss this.... even after Noah had built the Ark, it was God Himself who shut him in, in order to shut out the waters of the flood... In other translations this verse says "The Lord sealed them inside."

Would that boat sink if God didn't seal it? Was it only the door that got sealed?

Genesis 6:5

Berean Study Bible
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great upon the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was altogether evil all the time.

and it will be the same scenario when He returns ... He will look down and see ... once again ...

Revelation 22:11

Berean Study Bible
Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.”

God sealed Noah and his family in the ark of His protection. Protecting them from total destruction ... and He continues doing the same for those in Him .... and until He returns.

Ephesians 1:13-14
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

His people will be protected from the 2nd death .... safely "shut up"/sealed in heaven and on into eternity. The ark of His covenant (containing His law) will prevail for eternity and there will be no transgression against it ever again. No sin! AMEN!!!

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Genesis 6:5

Berean Study Bible
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great upon the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was altogether evil all the time.

and it will be the same scenario when He returns ... He will look down and see ... once again ...

Revelation 22:11

Berean Study Bible
Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.”

God sealed Noah and his family in the ark of His protection. Protecting them from total destruction ... and He continues doing the same for those in Him .... and until He returns.

Ephesians 1:13-14
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

His people will be protected from the 2nd death .... safely "shut up"/sealed in heaven and on into eternity. The ark of His covenant (containing His law) will prevail for eternity and there will be no transgression against it ever again. No sin! AMEN!!!
Yep those are good parallels.. but my focus is on Noah and God shutting them in... was it just the door, or the whole boat?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep those are good parallels.. but my focus is on Noah and God shutting them in... was it just the door, or the whole boat?

Certainly has symbolic meaning .....

One door in the ark Jesus the only one door to salvation
Shutting them in to be protected Only in Jesus are we protected for eternity
Judgement (those shut out)

Taking symbolically ... I think it would be the whole boat ... a place of complete protection by God (heaven) with only one door to go through (Jesus) and only He decides who may enter "the ark" of His protection.

The door to salvation (of the ark so to speak) is open but one day He will close that door and shut the saved in ... just as He did in the days of Noah.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Certainly has symbolic meaning .....

One door in the ark Jesus the only one door to salvation
Shutting them in to be protected Only in Jesus are we protected for eternity
Judgement (those shut out)

Taking symbolically ... I think it would be the whole boat ... a place of complete protection by God (heaven) with only one door to go through (Jesus) and only He decides who may enter "the ark" of His protection.

The door to salvation (of the ark so to speak) is open but one day He will close that door and shut the saved in ... just as He did in the days of Noah.
They are not leaving that sanctuary unless God says so.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status