Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story: a fairy tale begins with "once upon a time" and ends with "...and they lived happily ever after." The sea story begins with "this is no dirt" and ends with "...and it's been screwed up ever since." On the story of the Prodigal son we have much rooms for sea stories...

1. The prodigal son is not in the bible but is sea story terminology
2. The description of riotous living is sea story
3. The time with harlots is sea story

And even with the elder son we have one attempting to generate sea stories on his younger brother.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found. - Luke 15

To make a point here is that sea stories are very destructive, generated mainly by elder Christians like the one in this story.

1. You can spend your lifetime doing good, mess up one time and they will forever remember it.
2. They will take the smallest events and generate large talk over it.
3. They do not wish the younger well
4. They can be very critical
5. Very ready to generate sea stories - Which can destroy a church
6. Hard workers normally looking out for their own interests
7. Very easily offended and very hard to forget about the offense

But... The Father did not wish to generate sea stories over either son, the ends were to live happily ever after.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am reading into Smith Wigglesworth. One day he had a visitor who wanted badly to see him. As the visitor approached his house Smith Wigglesworth opens the door and asks him what is under his arm. A newspaper he explains. Now Smith Wigglesworth claimed he had no books in his house save his bible. He then proceeds to tell the visitor he will not allow that paper in his house. The visitor then tosses the newspaper and enters the house for quality conversation. I must agree with this discernment, especially in our day and time, that much of the news seems to be the encouragement of sea stories with no good ending in mind.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And to add one more...

1. The prodigal son is not in the bible but is sea story terminology
2. The description of riotous living is sea story
3. The time with harlots is sea story
4. Losing everything he has is sea story

(Charity) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; - 1 Corinthians 13:6

Upvote 0