Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Go read the law on it, Gary K. You are answerable to it, not it to you.

I'm trying to understand your position. I know what position I take. You state unequivicably that an unborn child is neither a child nor a human being. Why? What attributes of a human being does an unborn child not possess?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to understand your position. I know what position I take. You state unequivicably that an unborn child is neither a child nor a human being. Why? What attributes of a human being does an unborn child not possess?
Kind of the same mentality people used to have about black people... or Jews... or any group of humans that seemed conveniently disposable.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
JacobKStarkey said: Go read the law on it, Gary K. You are answerable to it, not it to you.
I said unequivocally that a fetus is a fetus, and what you want to do with it is subject to law.

Why would you murder a mother to make sure a fetus is born?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not in the slightest, EastCoastRemnant.

Why would you murder a mother in the process of making sure a fetus was birthed?

You are assuming that the mother is deciding to live instead of her child. Many mothers have been told to abort their babies as they might die---they very willingly refused to kill their unborn child and some died in childbirth, yet many did not and both lived. If the mother is able to decide--then she is the one that decides. A mother's instinct is to even die for that child. They acknowledge it as a human being and don't give a hoot for what people like you have to say on the subject.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
mmksparbud recognizes finally that it is a mother's choice, not his or mine or anyone else.

That is progress, very good.

And people who try to force a woman against her will are excluded from any decision making.

Finally?? It is you that calls letting a woman have a child that will kill her murder--not me. I didn't say all decisions of this nature are a woman's choice---who makes the choice for a pregnant child when by law, children do not have the right to make certain decisions until they are 18 and in some states, 21? There is the case of an 11 year old that is being forced to have the child of a rape. Nobody has asked her. And what about the child in the womb---it has no voice. According to you it is not human. But you have not defined what, to you makes a human. The fetus can not make a choice. If that was you about to be cut up into tiny pieces, I wonder what you would say. They feel pain.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
JacobKStarkey said: Go read the law on it, Gary K. You are answerable to it, not it to you.

I said unequivocally that a fetus is a fetus, and what you want to do with it is subject to law.

Why would you murder a mother to make sure a fetus is born?
So, you just won't answer the question.... I see.... Not too surprised though.

Your question is not relevant for you are making assumptions that I have said things which I have not said.

Lastly, what law are you referring to? God's law or sinful man's fallible and often unjust and unrighteous laws? If you're going to make a moral argument it needs to be based upon Biblical morality, not secular man made law for man made law is often not based in morality. Man's laws often make legal what is outright immoral and unjust so to appeal to it in the cause of morality is meaningless. Immoral laws cannot make immorality moral.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Finally?? It is you that calls letting a woman have a child that will kill her murder--not me. I didn't say all decisions of this nature are a woman's choice---who makes the choice for a pregnant child when by law, children do not have the right to make certain decisions until they are 18 and in some states, 21? There is the case of an 11 year old that is being forced to have the child of a rape. Nobody has asked her. And what about the child in the womb---it has no voice. According to you it is not human. But you have not defined what, to you makes a human. The fetus can not make a choice. If that was you about to be cut up into tiny pieces, I wonder what you would say. They feel pain.
What I said could never be construed as you suggest.

It is a woman's choice: if she choose to go forward, that is her choice.

If you force her to go forward and she dies, then she has murdered and you are a contributor to murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not in the slightest, EastCoastRemnant.

Why would you murder a mother in the process of making sure a fetus was birthed?
How about them statistics of abortions performed because of danger to the mothers life.

Best I could find on the interweb was approximately 1% of yearly abortions are becasue of rape or incest, 6% are because of the health of the mother or child and 90% is elective for personal reasons.

Keep abortion services for ONLY those 7% and there wouldn't be a debate.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The question has been answered, but Gary K. does not like the answer. I do not care if he does or not.

Hmmm.... I have not seen your answers to my questions anywhere, and yet you state boldly that you have answered them.
You state unequivicably that an unborn child is neither a child nor a human being. Why? What attributes of a human being does an unborn child not possess?
Lastly, what law are you referring to? God's law or sinful man's fallible and often unjust and unrighteous laws?

Upvote 0