Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very nice! Can you describe your materials and process a bit for those who might take an interest?
Thanks for your interest. It is mostly papier-mâché. The frog body is styrofoam, the legs are copper wire covered with Apoxy Sculpt for strength and the toes are wooden beads and the eyes are ceramic beads. It is painted blue with acrylic paint. The designs are drawn on with ink (not recommended). The whole thing is spray coated with many, many layers of acrylic gloss lacquer.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your interest. It is mostly papier-mâché. The frog body is styrofoam, the legs are copper wire covered with Apoxy Sculpt for strength and the toes are wooden beads and the eyes are ceramic beads. It is painted blue with acrylic paint. The designs are drawn on with ink (not recommended). The whole thing is spray coated with many, many layers of acrylic gloss lacquer.

Wow, there was a lot of work that went into it then! About how long did it take?

Would it be better to do a second layer of acrylic for the designs?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, there was a lot of work that went into it then! About how long did it take?
Honestly, I don't remember. I was doing other things as well, I didn't count the hours. But yes, it did take a while - also no one would ever accuse me of being a quick worker. I'm happy if I complete a project at all....some have been going on for years.

Would it be better to do a second layer of acrylic for the designs?
I don't think so because the surface is so irregular even painting is pretty difficult. Btw, spray on gesso is great for the undercoat - goes on thin and even.

My preferred method nowadays is to have the initial acrylic base, then draw, write, gelli print, stencil, etc. on white tissue paper and glue that on. The tissue paper pretty much disappears. With layers, it can be dimensional. It is hard to get a pattern on such an irregular surface. If I were proficient with air brushing, I'd probably go that route, but alas! I've only read about it and have never attempted it.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0