Scripture Twisting

From whom have you heard Scripture twisting in your life?

• cults

• secular culture

• Christians

• Other (specify in reply)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyLoveMachine

Aug 27, 2006
Duluth, Minnesota
Visit site
✟15,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I voted in this order:

1. Cults -- I think they twist the most, since they use "Bibles" too.
2. Secular culture -- but cant really fault them since they dont have the Spirit of Truth
3. Christians -- they do so too, but usu they are sincerely wrong. egs? Preterism, limited atonement, cessationism, salvation thru water bap. Of cse, defenders of these topics wld say that the other party has twisted scripture.
yea, don't you just love that? it's a form of hypocrisy when people do that

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I clicked EVERYTHING.

Here's one Christians often 'twist' :

"Let us not forsake the gathering."

Good one . That is twisted and re-twisted . They only use a phrase and they take it completely out of one of the main themes of the writing from which it is taken .

They ignore another part of the phrase which is something like "as others are doing" . Well ... how are they doing it ?

Not only that , but almost all of those quoting that passage as a requirement of salvation also promote meeting with the same people all of the time which forsakes the assembling of other people near them .

Upvote 0

baddhabbitt

Sep 17, 2006
Alabama
Visit site
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ministers are the most quilty of twisting the word to get "his" desires.
Jeremiah 23:1-2
1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.
2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

God revealed this to me when I was 13 years old. I say to any one. Read the word your self. Do not trust what some one else says the scripture means.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.