Atlanta
✟18,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've learned that the most pertinent challege for a new Christian is "Remaining in Christ". There will be days that you wake up with your old negative thoughts and take a few hours to remember God. There will be segments of your day spent inside your old godless thought patterns.

Please Share any scripture that comes to mind paralleling or echoing "I am the Vine and you are the branches". Please and thank your.

Love and Bless you all!

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
These are the how to avoid (or at least curb) the bad days/bad thought patterns kind of verses :)

“This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success" ~Joshua 1:8

Psalm 1
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the cpath of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word. Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee" ~Psalm 119:9,11

"Be diligent [study] to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately [rightly dividing] the word of truth." ~2 Timothy 2:15

"All Scripture is inspired by God [God breathed] and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." ~2 Timothy 3:16-17

///////////////////

"Let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God." ~James 1:19-20

Philippians 4
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great thread and :idea:
I believe the more time spent in the word equals less time in the old mindset.
1 Peter 2:9 , But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
God Bless

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0