Scripture Role Call "Significance of bloodlines/Ancestry".

BenjamintheWolf

Apr 24, 2017
Atlanta
✟18,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please observe the below and share other examples of new Testament figures living out the decree of their forefathers. What a great day to meditate on the Word of GOD!!

Genesis 49:27 NIV

"Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; in the morning he devours the prey, in the evening he divides the plunder."

Phillipians 3:4-8

If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.

So Paul:

In the morning of his spiritual journey devoured the prey. He approved of the Stoning of Stephen and persecuted Christians. In the evening he divided the plunder; Sharing the gift of salvation, the resurrection of Jesus with the world.

Furthermore in serving Christ, Paul also mirrors the work of his Benjamite forefathers by serving at the side of Judah (Jesus) despite the fact that his natural allegiance would lie with Ephraim and Mannasseh (sons of Rachael).