Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The lifestyle of a Christian ought always be one of service to God. The philosophy of a Christian ought always be that of the cross. The benefit of a Christian is that of loving relationship with God.

But rights? Now that is more complicated, because I think Christians do have a right - in the church - to be treated well by other Christians. And I think our communities - through our leaders - ought to insist on it. Is that not Biblical?

‘The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those in authority over them are called benefactors. But not so with you; rather the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like one who serves. For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.'
Hmn what's that about kings of the nations ,,, I missed that

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,896.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Women preaching is a lot more Biblical than the piece of furniture we call a "pulpit," with its clericalist implications. That would be my observation, anyway.

The question of homosexuality is completely separate to this, and I don't know why it's being raised now. I am not advocating for the things you raise in regard to that.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not a female nor am I a feminist and I agree with what Paidiske is saying - so I am not sure where you get the feminist rhetoric from.

I'm definitely male as well, and I can't help but feel great offense to hear argument/justification asserting women are inferior or should be treated as such. To deny equality generates a powerful feeling of injustice. I realize that many persons that feel this way are well intentioned, but this does not lessen the feeling of ethical wrongness.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe start a thread on the lesbian theory as it's off-topic to this thread. I'm sure you will find many unmarried priests that can add their experience at being accused of the same because of the text you are using to participate in that discussion.
We are talking about "Females" holding the office of Bishop/Pastor.

Females come in all aspects and walks of life.

The scripture looks beyond gender into marital status concerning this topic.

Your claim a "Female Lesbian Married" or Female Lesbian Unmarried" seeking the office of Bishop/Pastor is "Off Topic" is unfounded, and well within the scope of debate.

To oppose open questions of a person seeking this office, would be unscriptural.

To disallow this question would be showing partiality against the conservative posters in the thread in my opinion.

Should a same sex married Lesbian be allowed to assume the office of Bishop/Pastor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does

Spouse=One Flesh?

or

Man + Wife = One Flesh

Matthew 19:5

Trying to define the statement in post #142
Sorry but post 142 wasn't mine, and I don't think the question is relevant here.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The question regarding "A Married Female Lesbian" seeking the office of Bishop/Pastor is very relevant, the scripture clearly seeks gender and marital status.

To state these don't apply would be a one sided debate, showing preferential treatment.

Should a married female lesbian be afforded the office of Bishop/Pastor?

Again, I didn't raise the issue and I don't think it is relevant.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The question regarding "A Married Female Lesbian" seeking the office of Bishop/Pastor is very relevant, the scripture clearly seeks gender and marital status. 1 Timothy 3:2

To state these don't apply would be a one sided debate, showing preferential treatment.

Question: Should a same sex married female lesbian be allowed the office of Bishop/Pastor?

Irrelevant to this discussion.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
1 Timothy 2:12 NASB...
...So, what are your thoughts, does this cause woman to take a back seat in Christian culture? Does not following this go against God's order? Does not believing this scripture to be more than opinion call into question more scripture?

It would mean that woman should not have authority over man. Is there some good reason why woman should have authority over man?

But we could also say that it is what Paul thinks. If we are disciples of Jesus, our king is Jesus and he is the one who we should follow.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question regarding "A Married Female Lesbian" seeking the office of Bishop/Pastor is very relevant, the scripture clearly seeks gender and marital status. 1 Timothy 3:2

Question: Should a same sex married female lesbian be allowed the office of Bishop/Pastor?
All scripture is inspired by God 2 Timothy 3:16

Jesus Christ Is God, whom Paul has written for.

Paul the Apostle will have his name written in the foundation of the eternal kingdom, along with the other Apostles.

1 Timothy 3:2 is inspired of God

A Bishop must be the husband of one wife

1 Timothy 3:12 is inspired of God

A Deacon must be the husband of one wife

21st century political correctness does not apply to God.

A Bishop/Pastor and Deacon must be the husband (Male) of one wife (Female), ruling their house well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1 Timothy 3:2 is inspired of God

A Bishop must be the husband of one wife

1 Timothy 3:12 is inspired of God

A Deacon must be the husband of one wife.

So a bishop/deacon/modern-day pastor must be 1) male and 2) the husband of one wife. So a bishop/deacon/mosern-day pastor cannot be single and I guess if he is married and his wife leaves him for any reason he has to resign.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would mean that woman should not have authority over man. Is there some good reason why woman should have authority over man?

But we could also say that it is what Paul thinks. If we are disciples of Jesus, our king is Jesus and he is the one who we should follow.
There is good reason each should submit to each other.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So a bishop/deacon/modern-day pastor must be 1) male and 2) the husband of one wife. So a bishop/deacon/mosern-day pastor cannot be single and I guess if he is married and his wife leaves him for any reason he has to resign.
Charles Stanley is the prime example, his wife Anna finalized their divorce in May 2000, after multiple separations starting in 1992.

Moody Radio immediately took Stanley off their stations. The church voted to keep him.

Nov 2014 His wife Anna died, should he remain as pastor?

Gods words are very clear, Moody was able to define this truth. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Charles Stanley is the prime example, his wife Anna finalized their divorce in May 2000, after multiple separations starting in 1992.

Moody Radio immediately took Stanley off their stations. The church voted to keep him.

Nov 2014 His wife Anna died, should he remain as pastor?

Gods words are very clear, Moody was able to define this truth. 1 Timothy 3:1-7
So Moody removes a divorced male. That doesn’t answer my initial statement—can a single male not be a pastor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
I want your answer. Can a single male not be a pastor? What about a widowed male?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
I can look up scripture. I want your words. Can a single man be a pastor? What about a widower?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.