Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe Jesus is returning to reign over the earth because the New Testament prophets say so.

1) Peter
Acts 3:21 — In his sermon on the portico of Solomon, Peter says Jesus must remain in Heaven "until the period of the restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time." The period of restoration spoken of here will occur during the Millennium when the curse is partially lifted and nature is restored (Romans 8:18-23).

2) Paul
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 — Paul says that when Jesus returns "dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel," He will also come for the purpose of being glorified before His saints. The return of Jesus to be glorified before His saints and all the nations of the world is one of the persistent themes of Old Testament prophecy (Isaiah 24:23, Isaiah 52:10,13, Isaiah 61:3, and Psalm 46:10).

2 Timothy 2:12 — Paul says "if we endure, we shall also reign with Him."

3) John
Revelation 12:5 — John sees a vision in which a sun clothed woman (Israel) gives birth to a male child (Jesus) "who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron."

Revelation 19:15-16 — In his description of Jesus returning to earth, John says He bears the title, "King of kings and Lord of lords," and John says He will "rule the nations with a rod of iron."

Revelation 20:4,6 — John says that after the return of Jesus to the earth, He will reign with His saints ("those to whom judgment has been given") for a thousand years.

I believe Jesus is returning to earth to reign because the Heavenly Host say so.

1) Gabriel
Luke 1:26-38 — When the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary, he told her that she would bear a son named Jesus who would be called "the Son of the Most High." He then added three promises that are yet to be fulfilled: "the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and His kingdom will have no end."

2) The Four Living Creatures and the 24 Elders
Revelation 5:9-10 — When John is raptured to Heaven and finds himself standing before the throne of God (Revelation 4), he hears "the four living creatures" (special angelic creatures called seraphim in Isaiah 6) and "the twenty-four elders" (probably representative of the redeemed) singing a song of praise to Jesus. In this song they say that Jesus is a Worthy Lamb who has made His redeemed a kingdom, "and they will reign upon the earth."

3) The Angels of God
Revelation 11:15 — Voices from Heaven make a proleptic proclamation in the midst of the Tribulation: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever." (Note: A proleptic statement is one that speaks of a future event as if it has already occurred. This is a common form of expression in prophecy because all future events are settled in the mind of God as if they had already happened in history.)

4) The Tribulation Martyrs
Revelation 15:3-4 — At the end of the Tribulation, right before the final pouring out of God's wrath in the form of the bowl judgments, all the Tribulation martyrs who are in Heaven join together in singing "the song of Moses... and the song of the Lamb." In that song, they declare the Lamb (Jesus) to be the "King of the nations," and they proclaim that "all the nations will come and worship before Thee."

I believe Jesus is returning to reign on the earth because Jesus said so.

Matthew 19:28 — Jesus said that during "the regeneration" (the same time as "the period of restoration" referred to by Peter in Acts 3:21), He will "sit on His glorious throne," and the Apostles will join Him in judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 25:31 — Jesus said that when He returns in glory, "the Son of Man... will sit on His glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before Him" for judgment. The throne of Jesus is the throne of David which has always been located in only one place — in Jerusalem (see Isaiah 9:6-7and Psalm 122).

Acts 1:3-6 — Luke says that Jesus spent 40 days teaching His disciples about the kingdom of God. Then, as He was ready to ascend into Heaven, one of the disciples asked, "Lord is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" The question indicates that Jesus taught a time would come when the kingdom would be restored to Israel. Jesus' response to the question indicated the same thing. He did not rebuke the question. Rather, He simply said it was not for them to know the times and seasons when the kingdom would be restored to Israel.

Revelation 2:26-27 — Jesus says that He has a special reward for any "overcomer" who keeps His deeds until the end: "To him I will give authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron."

Revelation 3:21 — Jesus makes it clear that the overcomers will reign jointly with Him: "He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Again, the throne of Jesus is the throne of David (Luke 1:32 and Revelation 3:7). The throne of David is in Jerusalem, not in Heaven (Psalm 122). Jesus currently shares His Father's throne. He is not sitting on His own throne and will not do so until He returns to this earth. Then He will allow the redeemed to share His throne with Him.

For proof of Jesus millennial reign on the earth, go to the following link:

From: The Biblical Evidence that Jesus is Returning to Reign | Second Coming | Lamb and Lion Ministries

By Dr. David R. Reagan

Quasar92

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 3:21 — In his sermon on the portico of Solomon, Peter says Jesus must remain in Heaven "until the period of the restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time." The period of restoration spoken of here will occur during the Millennium when the curse is partially lifted and nature is restored (Romans 8:18-23).

So when God restores heaven and earth, that's not the restoration of all things?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Jesus is returning to earth to reign because the Heavenly Host say so.

1) Gabriel
Luke 1:26-38 — When the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary, he told her that she would bear a son named Jesus who would be called "the Son of the Most High." He then added three promises that are yet to be fulfilled: "the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and His kingdom will have no end."

The end of the passage above states that His kingdom will have no end.
1,000 years does have an end.

He will reign on the New Earth, in the New Jerusalem.

You are agreeing with the woman at the well.
What did Christ say when He corrected her?

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You are confusing the earthly city of "bondage", with the heavenly city which is our home.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

There is no need for a rebuilt temple with renewed animal sacrifice, since Christ fulfilled the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (from Jer. 31:31-34)
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So when God restores heaven and earth, that's not the restoration of all things?

Jesus will restore all things when He sets up His 1,000 year reign on earth, as recorded in Rev.20:6. When that is over together with the GWTJ, God will establish a New Heaven and Earth, in which He and Jesus will reign forever, together with everyone who believes in Him.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will restore all things when He sets up His 1,000 year reign on earth, as recorded in Rev.20:6. When that is over together with the GWTJ,

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

The Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.
Instead, it is a series of visions that are repeated and described in different language.

The time of the judgment of the dead with reward for some and destruction for others is found above, right after the 7th trumpet.

Your Bible says the same thing.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The end of the passage above states that His kingdom will have no end.
1,000 years does have an end.

He will reign on the New Earth, in the New Jerusalem.

You are agreeing with the woman at the well.
What did Christ say when He corrected her?

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You are confusing the earthly city of "bondage", with the heavenly city which is our home.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

There is no need for a rebuilt temple with renewed animal sacrifice, since Christ fulfilled the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (from Jer. 31:31-34)
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

THERE WILL BE TWO MORE TEMPLES BUILT IN ISRAEL

The tribulation temple:
Matthew 24:15 - When you see the “abomination of desolation,” spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place…

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - "...so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God"

Revelation 11:1 - "...Go and measure the temple of God and the alter..."

The Millennial temple:
Ezekiel 43:7 - "...this is the place of my throne...This is where I will live among the Israelites forever."

Ezekiel 43:27 - …your priests will your burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar, and I will accept you, declares the Lord.

Zechariah 6:12 - Here is the Man whose name is the Branch, and he will…build the temple of the Lord.
At the present time there is no temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem,

the location of both the first and second Jewish Temples. Instead, two Muslim shrines, The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque, stand on the Temple Mount. Meantime, the Jewish people to consider the Temple Mount to be the most sacred place for Jews in all the world. No wonder the Temple Mount is a political powder keg and must be part of any formula for peace in the Middle East!

According to the Bible, a temple will once again stand on the Temple Mount. How and when the Temple Mount will be available for a future temple remains to be seen. Biblical prophecy “buffs” have proposed all
kinds of potential scenarios for how all of this could take place—everything from earthquakes to explosives to the collapse of the Temple Mount platform!

Some well-meaning Christians have felt that the biblical predictions of a future Temple should be spiritualized, saying that these prophecies refer to the Church or to the individual Christian. Indeed, 1
Corinthians 3:16 makes it quite clear that the Church, as the body of Christ, is the spiritual temple of the Holy Spirit. And in 1 Corinthians 6:19 we are taught that the physical body of every individual believer is to be honored and kept clean, because it is the temple of the Holy Spirit. But these wonderful New Testament truths do not alter thebiblical predictions of a literal future Temple in Jerusalem.

The question of a future Temple gets more complicated when we realize that the Bible teaches that two temples are yet to stand on the Temple
Mount in the future. First will come a Tribulation Temple, followed by a Millennium Temple which will be built when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom on this earth. Let's look at the Scriptures dealing with
these two future temples.

Here: Israel's Third and Fourth Temples

Here: http://sonstoglory.com/ThirdTempleEzeki ... Temple.htm [No tribulation temple shown]

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

The Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.
Instead, it is a series of visions that are repeated and described in different language.

The time of the judgment of the dead with reward for some and destruction for others is found above, right after the 7th trumpet.

Your Bible says the same thing.

Yes, Jesus will reign forever and ever, in the parenthetic Rev.11:15/ With many things He will do before the New Heaven and Earth is produced by God. The OP, along with posts #4 and #6 refute you.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will restore all things when He sets up His 1,000 year reign on earth, as recorded in Rev.20:6. When that is over together with the GWTJ, God will establish a New Heaven and Earth, in which He and Jesus will reign forever, together with everyone who believes in Him.
Quasar92

So let me ask you again, since you didn't answer my question the first time; Is the new heaven and the new earth not the restoration of all things? That's a simple yes or no question. Just answer it.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus will reign forever and ever, in the parenthetic Rev.11:15/ With many things He will do before the New Heaven and Earth is produced by God. The OP, along with posts #4 and #6 refute you.

Quasar92
Actually it says God the father will reign forever. Jesus' reign as King ends when he hands over the kingdom to the Father after the thousand years. Jesus will be a Prince on the new earth.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First will come a Tribulation Temple, followed by a Millennium Temple which will be built when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom on this earth.
Why would Jesus build a physical temple during the millennium?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Quasar92

Former Dispensationalist Pastor Steve Gregg, refutes you.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So let me ask you again, since you didn't answer my question the first time; Is the new heaven and the new earth not the restoration of all things? That's a simple yes or no question. Just answer it.

Jesus will restore all things during His 1,000 year reign, right here on the present earth, as I previously told you. Review Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually it says God the father will reign forever. Jesus' reign as King ends when he hands over the kingdom to the Father after the thousand years. Jesus will be a Prince on the new earth.

According to the Scriptures in many places, Jesus will reign forever. Review the following from Rev.21 pertaining to conditions about the New Heaven and earth:

22I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.26The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."

Quasar92

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THERE WILL BE TWO MORE TEMPLES BUILT IN ISRAEL

The tribulation temple:
Matthew 24:15 - When you see the “abomination of desolation,” spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place…

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - "...so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God"

Revelation 11:1 - "...Go and measure the temple of God and the alter..."

The Millennial temple:
Ezekiel 43:7 - "...this is the place of my throne...This is where I will live among the Israelites forever."

Ezekiel 43:27 - …your priests will your burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar, and I will accept you, declares the Lord.

Zechariah 6:12 - Here is the Man whose name is the Branch, and he will…build the temple of the Lord.
At the present time there is no temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem,

the location of both the first and second Jewish Temples. Instead, two Muslim shrines, The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque, stand on the Temple Mount. Meantime, the Jewish people to consider the Temple Mount to be the most sacred place for Jews in all the world. No wonder the Temple Mount is a political powder keg and must be part of any formula for peace in the Middle East!

According to the Bible, a temple will once again stand on the Temple Mount. How and when the Temple Mount will be available for a future temple remains to be seen. Biblical prophecy “buffs” have proposed all
kinds of potential scenarios for how all of this could take place—everything from earthquakes to explosives to the collapse of the Temple Mount platform!

Some well-meaning Christians have felt that the biblical predictions of a future Temple should be spiritualized, saying that these prophecies refer to the Church or to the individual Christian. Indeed, 1
Corinthians 3:16 makes it quite clear that the Church, as the body of Christ, is the spiritual temple of the Holy Spirit. And in 1 Corinthians 6:19 we are taught that the physical body of every individual believer is to be honored and kept clean, because it is the temple of the Holy Spirit. But these wonderful New Testament truths do not alter thebiblical predictions of a literal future Temple in Jerusalem.

The question of a future Temple gets more complicated when we realize that the Bible teaches that two temples are yet to stand on the Temple
Mount in the future. First will come a Tribulation Temple, followed by a Millennium Temple which will be built when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom on this earth. Let's look at the Scriptures dealing with
these two future temples.

Here: Israel's Third and Fourth Temples

Here: http://sonstoglory.com/ThirdTempleEzeki ... Temple.htm [No tribulation temple shown]

Quasar92
My popcorn's ready.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and opressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus will restore all things during His 1,000 year reign, right here on the present earth, as I previously told you. Review Rev.19:11-21.

First, there will be no 1,000 years of a physical kingdom on earth! The millennial kingdom has already established the Church since Pentecost!

Can't you read the Scripture, Quasar92?

The restore, [apokathistemi], meaning literally to be made over, or constituted again. By extension, to reestablish or restore. [apo] in composition, as a prefix, here denotes separation or reversal. Thus, to restore to a good state (reform). For example, as used in Matthew 17:

Matthew 17:11-12
  • "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
  • But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them."
Restore here is [apokathistemi]. This means Elias (John the Baptist) came to restore in the sense of his being filled with the Holy Spirit to foreshadow Christ in bringing back the old beliefs, righteousness and obedience to God's laws, which the children of God had fallen away from. Israel was in a state of apostasy before the coming of John to restore, or return the hearts back to God.

Matthew 12:13
  • "Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other."
In other words, it was made right again. Hence restored [apokathistemi] means, to make sound, to correct, to put in proper order again. That's what John the Baptist did in preparing the people for the coming of Christ. Just as the prophecy foretold.

Malachi 4:5-6
  • "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
  • And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

Indeed, in speaking of the birth of John the Baptist, God confirms this fulfillment, unambiguously.

Luke 1:15-17
  • "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
  • And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Not as Elijah, but in the Spirit and power of Elijah. Which is in the Spirit of Christ. This is the restoration of John. He turned the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. When John the Baptist called the people to repent, he was going forth in an effort to "restore" all things to the righteousness of former times. To make crooked things straight. To make reconciliation with God. In other words, calling to repentance the people, that they must get right with God. That is the only true restoration of the Kingdom to Israel. And it can only be in Christ who has established his kingdom through the church! Again, illustrating that the restoration of Israel is spiritual, through the church, and has nothing whatsoever to do with restoring or rebuilding the literal nation or physical kingdom at all!

According to God, the people of Israel are from every nation. We've all been grafted into the Olive tree, which is the Israel of God, and made partaker of the promises. And most of the nation Israel have been broken off as branches. But if any Jew is in Christ, he is Israel just as we all are, by promise. We are all part of the commonwealth of Israel through Christ.

Eph 2:12-13
  • That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
  • But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Peter, James, Paul, Mark and all the Jews were all restored Israel through Christ and He DID establish a kingdom where Gentiles can be graft into the same kingdom. That is the restoration of the millennial kingdom.

That's what Christ came for. The Healing, or restoring of the nations. What you, like many theologians, fail to comprehend in what scripture declares, is that there are no longer two folds anymore, but "ONLY" one fold. There is not the Jews of Israel, and also the Gentiles somewhere else. There is now only one tree Israel and her many branches, and one fold Israel, and her one shepherd. Because Christ has combined them into His body as one Israel. Ergo, the illustration of the Covenant Olive tree Israel receiving gentile branches. Or better, even as Christ Himself explained.

John 10:15-16
  • "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
  • And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."
Unfortunately, a great many people wish to keep the idea of two separate folds, which is unbiblical and contrary to the word of God. One Israel, which is one fold, and one Shepherd over them. No. there is ONLY ONE RESTORATION of the kingdom with ONE KING ascending to the throne which already took place:

Mark 16:19-20
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Revelation 12:5
[5] And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

This is the millennial kingdom when Christ was caught up to HIS THRONE where he rules over His People! And you are right, the millennial kingdom is on Earth, but THROUGH THE CHURCH! This is the restoration of the kingdom, bringing people to God. It is NOT about restoring trees, cleaning water and air, animals living together in peace, etc. [Staff edit].

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To fulfill prophecies in Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16 as well as Zech.6:12-13
Quasar92

So this is your evidence that Jesus wants to build a physical temple...

Acts 1:6
Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?

Acts 2:29-30
Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30 But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne.

Acts 15:16
“‘After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,

Zechariah 6:12-13
Tell him this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the Lord. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the Lord, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he[a] will be a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.’

To which I will respond with...

John 2:21
But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So this is your evidence that Jesus wants to build a physical temple...
“‘After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,

Zechariah 6:12-13
Tell him this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the Lord. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the Lord, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he[a] will be a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.’
Meditate on the at for a few and see if you can see that it really means a temple on the earth

reminds of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer went into the bank and seen a sign that said if no one said hello he would receive a $100 bill and Kramer expecting the "hello" to be exactly that - even though all the employees would greet him with -How are you ?- hey there !- good afternoon ! -Hi ! - and such greetings , but then Kramer said no one said "hello" to him and said he should get the $100 :)

• Haha
Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To fulfill prophecies in Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16 as well as Zech.6:12-13

What distinguished the Old Testament Tabernacle of David, in particular from the Tabernacle of Moses?

Freedom, inclusion, access, and worship.

It was an open tent structure with no walls, partitions, or veils.

It permitted Gentile access.

It hosted New-Testament-Church-style worship described at various places in the Psalms.

It was a precursor of the New Testament Church.

It is what James was referring to in Acts 15:13-18 in embracing the inclusion of the Gentiles in the New Testament Gospel and Church.

It represents infinitely more than the futurized reconstruction of a mere physical edifice.

It is a unique and unparalleled symbol of the blessings and benefits which characterize the New Testament Church.

Here is further excellent detail of what it meant and means.

Upvote 0