SBSchristianmedia

Jan 8, 2016
florida
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly youll have to ask yourself "what are my personal views on transexuality?"

Secondly ask "are my views rooted in biblical truth?"

Thirdly "How will Christ be represented in this story. Whether through characters, conflict, or thematic elements, how is Christ the answer to the problems my story shares?"

This subject along with many others cause for a great divide. The world already wants to seperate people, how does your story bring people together despite the subject matter?

Upvote 0

Jutta2

Sep 8, 2015
✟884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Firstly youll have to ask yourself "what are my personal views on transexuality?"

My aunt, who was formerly my uncle, has inspired me to write this story. Likewise, the suicide of a transsexual woman who killed herself, because her Christian family and her church community has shunned her. She was born as male.

With my story I wanted the one hand, the fears and the self-hatred of transsexual people show amidst an environment that hates them and condemns, but then I wanted to show also that there are other ways to help a transsexual person.
Because these people were not voluntarily transsexual, it was never a free choice. My aunt told me about the many internal struggles in her early years that she had to get rid of these feelings.

Secondly ask "are my views rooted in biblical truth?"

I didn't found anything in the Bible about Transgender. So, what did you think, which "view is rooted on the Bible"?

Thirdly "How will Christ be represented in this story. Whether through characters, conflict, or thematic elements, how is Christ the answer to the problems my story shares?"

I want to rebuild the story so that before the second plot point the protagonist tries to commit suicide, but is saved. In a dream, Jesus appears and tells him that, whether man or woman, he will love it. And that it is important to live a Christian life, as the question of gender.

The antagonist, his father, a devout man, realizes that God has given him his child, so it should learn. And that his child has to go your own way, not what the father (to be Pastor) dreamed for his child.

This subject along with many others cause for a great divide. The world already wants to seperate people, how does your story bring people together despite the subject matter?

Since I am not yet conclusive to me! I think I'll pay my attention on the fathr-child relation, and show its relationship to the Church in such a way that some have changed their attitude towards him, others do not. But that the pastor is fully behind him, because he believes that God's love is more extensive than people can imagine.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm working on a screenplay about a young man, a Christian who realizes that he is transsexual. He is married, father of two children, and closely bound to his Church. I would like to show its internal and external conflicts. What do you think, would necessarily be told?
There isn't any inherent conflict between Christianity and transexuality, so might need to beef it up a little. Maybe something with lasers? Also, I hear dinosaurs are popular...

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Jutta2

Sep 8, 2015
✟884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There isn't any inherent conflict between Christianity and transexuality, so might need to beef it up a little. Maybe something with lasers? Also, I hear dinosaurs are popular...

I see it similar. Between transsexuality and Christianity there are no conflicts. Conflicts are only between humans, or from humans to itself.
This protagonist is a member of a Christian church. He is a believer, but he is "different" from other people. Born as a man, he feels as a woman. Something that brings him into conflict with his faith. Above all, his father is someone who pays attention to strict gender roles. That's why he marries, has children, and almost breaks it when he realizes who he is. He seeks the recognition of his father, his church and God. And he believes because he is "different", his father, his church, and God will not love him. It is the journey of the protagonist to himself, and the experiences that make him and others.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see it similar. Between transsexuality and Christianity there are no conflicts. Conflicts are only between humans, or from humans to itself.
This protagonist is a member of a Christian church. He is a believer, but he is "different" from other people. Born as a man, he feels as a woman. Something that brings him into conflict with his faith. Above all, his father is someone who pays attention to strict gender roles. That's why he marries, has children, and almost breaks it when he realizes who he is. He seeks the recognition of his father, his church and God. And he believes because he is "different", his father, his church, and God will not love him. It is the journey of the protagonist to himself, and the experiences that make him and others.
I still think a few small dinosaurs can't hurt...

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the conflict is between certain Christians, and the transgender person, not Christianity and transgenderism. It would be a story, not unlike those who faced hatred, discrimination, etc. for doing something else, society at that time disapproved of. It's important that the focus, is on that, and the struggle for self-acceptance and peace.

Have you seen the TV programme Transparent? It's quite good.

Reactions: Jutta2
Upvote 0

Jutta2

Sep 8, 2015
✟884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the conflict is between certain Christians, and the transgender person, not Christianity and transgenderism. It would be a story, not unlike those who faced hatred, discrimination, etc. for doing something else, society at that time disapproved of. It's important that the focus, is on that, and the struggle for self-acceptance and peace.

For me, two things should be clear: The protagonist learns; to love and to accept himself; and that his father realizes that his son is still his child. And the church members that it is important to live a Christian life, as the gender issue.

Have you seen the TV programme Transparent? It's quite good.

No! I live in Germany.

Upvote 0