• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Screenplay about transsexuality from a Christian perspective

Discussion in 'Scripts/ Screenplays' started by Jutta2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jutta2

Jutta2 Active Member

+75
    Christian
    Private
    I'm working on a screenplay about a young man, a Christian who realizes that he is transsexual. He is married, father of two children, and closely bound to his Church. I would like to show its internal and external conflicts. What do you think, would necessarily be told?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SBSchristianmedia

SBSchristianmedia New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    Firstly youll have to ask yourself "what are my personal views on transexuality?"

Secondly ask "are my views rooted in biblical truth?"

Thirdly "How will Christ be represented in this story. Whether through characters, conflict, or thematic elements, how is Christ the answer to the problems my story shares?"

This subject along with many others cause for a great divide. The world already wants to seperate people, how does your story bring people together despite the subject matter?

3. Jutta2

Jutta2 Active Member

+75
    Christian
    Private
    My aunt, who was formerly my uncle, has inspired me to write this story. Likewise, the suicide of a transsexual woman who killed herself, because her Christian family and her church community has shunned her. She was born as male.

With my story I wanted the one hand, the fears and the self-hatred of transsexual people show amidst an environment that hates them and condemns, but then I wanted to show also that there are other ways to help a transsexual person.
    Because these people were not voluntarily transsexual, it was never a free choice. My aunt told me about the many internal struggles in her early years that she had to get rid of these feelings.

I didn't found anything in the Bible about Transgender. So, what did you think, which "view is rooted on the Bible"?

I want to rebuild the story so that before the second plot point the protagonist tries to commit suicide, but is saved. In a dream, Jesus appears and tells him that, whether man or woman, he will love it. And that it is important to live a Christian life, as the question of gender.

The antagonist, his father, a devout man, realizes that God has given him his child, so it should learn. And that his child has to go your own way, not what the father (to be Pastor) dreamed for his child.

Since I am not yet conclusive to me! I think I'll pay my attention on the fathr-child relation, and show its relationship to the Church in such a way that some have changed their attitude towards him, others do not. But that the pastor is fully behind him, because he believes that God's love is more extensive than people can imagine.

4. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,808
    Catholic
    Married
    There isn't any inherent conflict between Christianity and transexuality, so might need to beef it up a little. Maybe something with lasers? Also, I hear dinosaurs are popular...

5. Jutta2

Jutta2 Active Member

+75
    Christian
    Private
    I see it similar. Between transsexuality and Christianity there are no conflicts. Conflicts are only between humans, or from humans to itself.
    This protagonist is a member of a Christian church. He is a believer, but he is "different" from other people. Born as a man, he feels as a woman. Something that brings him into conflict with his faith. Above all, his father is someone who pays attention to strict gender roles. That's why he marries, has children, and almost breaks it when he realizes who he is. He seeks the recognition of his father, his church and God. And he believes because he is "different", his father, his church, and God will not love him. It is the journey of the protagonist to himself, and the experiences that make him and others.

6. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,808
    Catholic
    Married
    I still think a few small dinosaurs can't hurt...

7. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Well-Known Member

+1,224
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I think the conflict is between certain Christians, and the transgender person, not Christianity and transgenderism. It would be a story, not unlike those who faced hatred, discrimination, etc. for doing something else, society at that time disapproved of. It's important that the focus, is on that, and the struggle for self-acceptance and peace.

Have you seen the TV programme Transparent? It's quite good.

8. Jutta2

Jutta2 Active Member

+75
    Christian
    Private
    I don't like dinosaurs, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

9. Jutta2

Jutta2 Active Member

+75
    Christian
    Private
    For me, two things should be clear: The protagonist learns; to love and to accept himself; and that his father realizes that his son is still his child. And the church members that it is important to live a Christian life, as the gender issue.

No! I live in Germany.