Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Scots man who filmed pet dog giving Nazi salutes is convicted - The S…

Scots man who filmed pet dog giving Nazi salutes is convicted

He said famous Jewish comedian David Baddiel had even voiced his support for Meechan and asked for him to walk free.

“I can see that the video may not be to everyone’s taste,” he said. “Others may be able to see the comedic or satirical element to it.

“The court should seek to acquit Mr Meechan for no other reason, but to show it is 2018 and not 1984.”

On the bright side, the UK now has no worries when it comes to energy sources:
GyOGWYc.png

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Scots man who filmed pet dog giving Nazi salutes is convicted - The S…

Scots man who filmed pet dog giving Nazi salutes is convicted

He said famous Jewish comedian David Baddiel had even voiced his support for Meechan and asked for him to walk free.

“I can see that the video may not be to everyone’s taste,” he said. “Others may be able to see the comedic or satirical element to it.

“The court should seek to acquit Mr Meechan for no other reason, but to show it is 2018 and not 1984.”

On the bright side, the UK now has no worries when it comes to energy sources:
GyOGWYc.png

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
George Orwell

• Winner
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I wish the article had expanded on this a little more..

“He said he believed Meechan, who was supported at court by far-right activist Tommy Robinson, left video on YouTube to drive traffic to other material he had on there.”

Tommy Robinson is scum. I have no idea why a supposedly highly intelligent and liberal minded person would accept his support in court.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It sounds like he meant it as a joke, I think the court may have over reacted. Racism and antisemitism are not a joking matter, it's foolish to trifle with it. Hopefully they sent him away with a slap on the wrist but this hardly seems like a hate crime.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like he meant it as a joke, I think the court may have over reacted. Racism and antisemitism are not a joking matter, it's foolish to trifle with it. Hopefully they sent him away with a slap on the wrist but this hardly seems like a hate crime.
Any legal action in this case is an over reaction.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Any legal action in this case is an over reaction.
I'm not so sure, they really do have an issue with due diligence here. Putting that on Youtube has some possible complications he may not have considered. I agree in principle but I know why they did it, but it's been a long time since I had a lot of confidence in our courts so I'm a little biased.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

“He said he believed Meechan, who was supported at court by far-right activist Tommy Robinson, left video on YouTube to drive traffic to other material he had on there.”

Tommy Robinson is scum. I have no idea why a supposedly highly intelligent and liberal minded person would accept his support in court.

You can't control who comes to support or cover you at a trial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

Actually, he's been trying to go straight over the last few years and remake himself as a legitimate journalist.

Problem is, he keeps getting physically attacked by Antifa types and pre-emptively targeted by local law enforcement who automatically presume the worst about him no matter what.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

As he himself put it, he decided that his girlfriend's pug was so "obnoxiously" cute that he wanted to see what would happen if he taught it something that was as far from cute as he could think of.

This was in the original video, meaning that no one could have missed it unless they were watching an edited version.

His open admission in the video, coupled with the fact that no one actually filed a complaint despite the video having been viewed over three million times before the government took it upon itself to file, has led a lot of people to believe that the case is more about censorship than handling anything "offensive".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually, he's been trying to go straight over the last few years and remake himself as a legitimate journalist.

Problem is, he keeps getting physically attacked by Antifa types and pre-emptively targeted by local law enforcement who automatically presume the worst about him no matter what.

That tends to happen when you spend much of your lifetime as an openly racist neo-Nazi thug.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
SHSiBTm.png

“Always eyes watching you and the voice enveloping you. Asleep or awake, indoors or out of doors, in the bath or bed- no escape. Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimeters in your skull.”
~George Orwell, 1984

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As he himself put it, he decided that his girlfriend's pug was so "obnoxiously" cute that he wanted to see what would happen if he taught it something that was as far from cute as he could think of.

This was in the original video, meaning that no one could have missed it unless they were watching an edited version.

His open admission in the video, coupled with the fact that no one actually filed a complaint despite the video having been viewed over three million times before the government took it upon itself to file, has led a lot of people to believe that the case is more about censorship than handling anything "offensive".
I thought that was part of the prosecution's case against him, that he was being deliberately offensive. Repeating "Gas the Jews" 35 times had something to do with it, too, iirc.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SHSiBTm.png

“Always eyes watching you and the voice enveloping you. Asleep or awake, indoors or out of doors, in the bath or bed- no escape. Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimeters in your skull.”
~George Orwell, 1984
The Eyes of Texas are upon you
All the live long day
The Eyes of Texas are upon you
You cannot get away
I never knew what that song was about but I always found it creepy.

Upvote 0