• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

InspiredHome

Earning my Ph.D in Procrastination
Nov 17, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
✟3,986.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does anyone else have scoliosis? My spine is actually twisted and in the last month the pain has greatly intensified. Has anyone had to have surgery to get relief? I'm thinking of going back to the chiropractor. My pain seems to come in seasons.

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Inspired,
As a licensed massage therapist, I would highly recommend an LMT who is certified in neuromuscular therapy to work on your muscles, as they are very unbalanced at this point. He or she should do a postural assessment of you prior to the session, both with you standing and lying down, and incorporate some myofascial release into the massage session if need be. I can tell you right now that seeing a chiropractor without getting good massage is a waste of time and money - the bones won't move as well nor will they hold the adjustment nearly as long.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there is surgery to relieve it, but it would have to be pretty severe to justify the risks. You could see an orthopedic spine surgeon to check things out, but I'd try lots of conservative measures such as people have offered here first. Back surgery is no small matter.

Upvote 0

Ruthie24

Apr 15, 2014
USA
✟8,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anyone else have scoliosis? My spine is actually twisted and in the last month the pain has greatly intensified. Has anyone had to have surgery to get relief? I'm thinking of going back to the chiropractor. My pain seems to come in seasons.

I have scoliosis that went undx for several decades. I have a double curve and my pelvis is rotated up on the right than inwards. The only thing that works for me is exercise and chiropractor. My chiropractor has actually kept me walking straight so i don't have to use my cane anymore unless I'm walking long distances.

Upvote 0