United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“MONKEYPOX USUALLY DOES NOT OCCUR GLOBALLY."

Public health officials across the world have voiced concern over outbreaks of monkeypox, a rare disease that’s related to other viruses such as smallpox.

The cases — one was identified in the US at the time of writing, 13 suspected but not yet confirmed in Canada, five confirmed in Portugal, nine confirmed in the UK, and seven suspected in Spain, according to the BBC — are now being investigated by local health authorities.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, a man who had recently traveled to Canada and returned to the state is believed to have brought the most recent case of monkeypox to the US.

While it’s certainly not the time to panic, health officials are nonetheless concerned.

Continued below.
Scientists Warn of International Monkeypox Outbreaks

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
“MONKEYPOX USUALLY DOES NOT OCCUR GLOBALLY."

Public health officials across the world have voiced concern over outbreaks of monkeypox, a rare disease that’s related to other viruses such as smallpox.

The cases — one was identified in the US at the time of writing, 13 suspected but not yet confirmed in Canada, five confirmed in Portugal, nine confirmed in the UK, and seven suspected in Spain, according to the BBC — are now being investigated by local health authorities.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, a man who had recently traveled to Canada and returned to the state is believed to have brought the most recent case of monkeypox to the US.

While it’s certainly not the time to panic, health officials are nonetheless concerned.

Continued below.
Scientists Warn of International Monkeypox Outbreaks
Monkeypox is NOT anything for most people to lose sleep over. It's present in West Africa but it's very difficult to actually get it or spread it. I suppose I had some risk of it when our canoe got stuck for a while in a bolong and the monkeys were screaming at us and throwing stuff at us from the trees. But even that was not enough for me to get it.

This is NOT the next pandemic of which Covid was just the practice run. If you want to be scared of something, worry about drug resistant bacteria that live in hospitals.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw a segment in the news about it last night. It like less than 1% fatal and that’s in poorer countries. It looks ugly but it goes away after a period of time. They are concerns about it spreading in the gay community though as there have been more cases reported there than in other segments of society.

Upvote 0