Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scientists have issued a stark warning that the Covid-19 variant known as Delta is shaping up to cause devastation in the UK as soon as July.

It’s predicted that by next month the country could see a surge of 100,000 daily Covid-19 cases due to the super-spreading variant, in a grim reminder to the world of the horrors it can cause.

First detected in India last October, the Delta variant is much more transmissible, deadlier and more resistant to vaccines. It has now spread to at least 62 countries, including here in Australia.

...“In a month you’ll be up to 100,000 new cases a day,” Professor Anthony Costello, a member of the UK’s Independent Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies and London’s University College (UCL), told The Mirror of the battle the UK is facing."
Scientists warn that the UK faces 100,000 daily Covid cases by July

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What steps is Biden taking to help ensure that the U.S. doesn't face an outbreak?
I suggest there is one important helpful measure that Mr. Biden has little control over - vaccine resistance. Present evidence indicates two shots of the good stuff does indeed offer solid protection. But if people insist on gambling with their own health and, worse, that of others, I am not sure what Mr. Biden could do to overcome this self-destructive bent.

On the other hand, there are surely a number of other things Mr. Biden could do.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What steps is Biden taking to help ensure that the U.S. doesn't face an outbreak?

Hopefully nothing. But from what I've learned, there is a strong tendency for some within the American far-left to imitate the policies of the UK... So I would imagine we can expect a segment of people to continue the mask-wearing and shaming of others who don't subscribe to European policy models...

The projected UK policy:
"British Prime Minister Boris Johnson signalled that he would likely postpone the lifting of the country’s lockdown to July 19 due to concerns over the Delta surge.

Mr Johnson said rising hospitalisations were “a matter of serious, serious concern”, as he admitted doubt that the country would be out of lockdown anytime soon, hinting he may delay the Freedom Day celebrations.

“If the Government takes a gamble (about lifting the country’s lockdown) the NHS will be overloaded,” Professor Costello said. “Let’s wait. Let’s stay as we are.”​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Personally, I won't accept any further lockdown measures, regardless of what the UK officials decide. I would even be willing to protest any such measures on the streets... Which is something I've never done before... That's how strong I feel about it.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Personally, I won't accept any further lockdown measures, regardless of what the UK officials decide. I would even be willing to protest any such measures on the streets... Which is something I've never done before... That's how strong I feel about it.
They could always try using BLM signs to protest lockdowns there, it worked here in the states.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully nothing.

Might not placing travel restrictions to and from the infected regions be in order? Maybe at least test the incoming, to help ensure that they are not bringing this strain to our country?

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are refuting the article?

Where is your evidence?
I am saying that present evidence shows the vaccines, in two doses, are effective against delta. To wit:

From Forbes:

Well here’s a double dose of good news: A new paper out in the journal Nature today reports that people vaccinated with two doses of the Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine were able to neutralize several variants of the virus, including the B.1.617.2 (or delta) variant first seen in India and B.1.525, initially identified in Nigeria.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are refuting the article?
Not sure why you are even asking this - I see nothing in the article that suggests that the vaccines do not offer significant protection against the delta variant.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure why you are even asking this - I see nothing in the article that suggests that the vaccines do not offer significant protection against the delta variant.

The article stresses the 33% effectiveness of having only 1 of the two shots. It sort of justifies Johnson's attitude toward extending restrictions that are currently set to expire.

...We should take note how this is being portrayed.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I suggest there is one important helpful measure that Mr. Biden has little control over - vaccine resistance. Present evidence indicates two shots of the good stuff does indeed offer solid protection. But if people insist on gambling with their own health and, worse, that of others, I am not sure what Mr. Biden could do to overcome this self-destructive bent.

On the other hand, there are surely a number of other things Mr. Biden could do.

In the US when it comes to infectious disease, the Government has wide latitude to intact measures to control the spread, and people can be required to take the vaccine.

The Government also has additional tools to force your compliance if one is to obstinate.

Just say'n

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the US when it comes to infectious disease, the Government has wide latitude to intact measures to control the spread, and people can be required to take the vaccine.

The Government also has additional tools to force your compliance if one is to obstinate.

Just say'n

Also, the government should be wise enough to understand when the people will have been pushed too far. In which case revolts have taken place historically.

...It's smart and wise to know when too much is too much.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟226,188.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Also, the government should be wise enough to understand when the people will have been pushed too far. In which case revolts have taken place historically.

...It's smart and wise to know when too much is too much.

It's smart and wise to take measures to not spread disease.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's smart and wise to take measures to not spread disease.

To a certain degree yes. But when measures become draconian, over a long period of time, other bad things begin to happen.

...A sensible government will consider this.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, here in California we still have all the restrictions, and are due to return to normal for the first time in 2 days.

I don't think I could handle a reversal. I've been waiting too long for this day to come.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0