Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Maybe they can market it to insurance companies", files: Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

The test relies on biomarkers in the blood linked to various factors that appear to affect your risk of death.
To develop the test, the researchers analysed 44,168 participants aged 18 to 109 - 5,512 of who died during follow-up
.​

Not really interested in taking the test. Age and family history tells me equivalent information already. Maybe if they offered to fix something ...

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if people would live better, or try to live better, if they "knew" based on this test that they had ten years to live. Maybe such tests would encourage people to take stock and consider things they have ignored, like God. Then again, imagine if someone got back good results and decided, "I'm good. My barns are full I can now eat, drink, and be merry!" Hmm, will probably be a disaster just like most every thing else we humans dream up.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if people would live better, or try to live better, if they "knew" based on this test that they had ten years to live. Maybe such tests would encourage people to take stock and consider things they have ignored, like God. Then again, imagine if someone got back good results and decided, "I'm good. My barns are full I can now eat, drink, and be merry!" Hmm, will probably be a disaster just like most every thing else we humans dream up.
Actully if I found out, I could die early. I would drink alcohol more often. And hook up with rich men . So I could see the world and do what ever I want.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actully if I found out, I could die early. I would drink alcohol more often. And hook up with rich men . So I could see the world and do what ever I want.

I guess it might be freeing to know. Your post made me think. I wonder if I would be less patient with peoples' nonsense. Like, "Look dude, I'm out of here before too long, so you can go kick rocks."

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A poster has taken a vow of poverty.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the "Maybe they can market it to insurance companies", files: Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

The test relies on biomarkers in the blood linked to various factors that appear to affect your risk of death.
To develop the test, the researchers analysed 44,168 participants aged 18 to 109 - 5,512 of who died during follow-up
.​

Not really interested in taking the test. Age and family history tells me equivalent information already. Maybe if they offered to fix something ...

You don't have to take a blood test for that beings some politicians are proclaiming the world is going to end in 10 years anyway, the test would be a waste of money. :doh:

OTOH Obama just spent $15M on a piece of property in Martha's Vineyard so I'm guessing he doesn't believe the Climate Change/NGD rhetoric either :idea: so taking the test might not be a waste of money after all. ^_^

Upvote 0