Scientific evidence FOR or AGAINST the existence of god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Using the scientific method assumes our brain are wired to understand the outside world which is also wired to "see" intelligent design.
So people who "see" aliens, ufo's, slendermans, goblins, leprechauns, unicorns and Elvis are all correct, because ID?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Using the scientific method assumes our brain are wired to understand the outside world which is also wired to "see" intelligent design.

Where is your evidence that our brain is the produce of intelligent design? Why would a brain need to be intelligent designed in order to differentiate what humans make from what bees or birds make?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where is your evidence that our brain is the produce of intelligent design? Why would a brain need to be intelligent designed in order to differentiate what humans make from what bees or birds make?
There you are again like a dog chasing it's own tail. You can't use your brain to explain away your existence. If you choose to believe your brain is an accident of nature that is not evidence that could prove to you otherwise.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
There you are again like a dog chasing it's own tail. You can't use your brain to explain away your existence. If you choose to believe your brain is an accident of nature that is not evidence that could prove to you otherwise.
I am not explaining away my existence. I do not believe that my brain is an accident of nature.

Perhaps you could address what I am actually saying instead of the distortions you prefer to make?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am not explaining away my existence. I do not believe that my brain is an accident of nature.

Perhaps you could address what I am actually saying instead of the distortions you prefer to make?
Intelligent design is something wired into man from birth that allows him to do stuff like science.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And you would call that scientific evidence?
Of the non-physical type ... yes.

Intangible evidence -- how's that?

I'm under the impression that the effects of gravity are considered scientific evidence of the exisence of gravity.

Am I wrong?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

I'm under the impression that the effects of gravity are considered scientific evidence of the exisence of gravity.

Am I wrong?

You're right. Likewise they claim that the *effect* on photons is considered evidence of "dark energy", and the *effect* on lensing data is scientific evidence of "dark matter" too. The *effect* is observed, but the *cause* is pure speculation.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're right. Likewise they claim that the *effect* on photons is considered evidence of "dark energy", and the *effect* on lensing data is scientific evidence of "dark matter" too. The *effect* is observed, but the *cause* is pure speculation.
I like to think dark matter is what God shackled fallen angels with.[VERSE=2 Peter 2:4,KJV]For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;[/VERSE]Thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do atheists survive then?
They survive 100% on the grace of a God that is long suffering not willing that any should perish but wanting all to come to a saving knowledge of the truth. We are given time to repent and to turn away from sin and what does not please God.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They survive 100% on the grace of a God that is long suffering not willing that any should perish but wanting all to come to a saving knowledge of the truth. We are given time to repent and to turn away from sin and what does not please God.

The same grace that allows 9 million children to die each year before the age of five?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Am I wrong?

Well there is a model of gravity that can be analyzed and tested scientifically. You can't do that for God, and you're not supposed to. God is an existence that is not subject to scientific investigation.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't do that for God, and you're not supposed to. God is an existence that is not subject to scientific investigation.
I totally agree.

God is invisible.[VERSE=1 Timothy 1:17,KJV]Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.[/VERSE]But we can, in my opinion, see the effects of God everywhere; if only by faith.[VERSE=Hebrews 11:27,KJV]By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.[/VERSE]And the best secular example I can think of is gravity.

We can't see gravity, but we can see its effects.

We can't see God, but we can see His effects: BC/AD, buildings, hymns, Scripture on public & private buildings, holidays, etc.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I totally agree.

God is invisible.[VERSE=1 Timothy 1:17,KJV]Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.[/VERSE]But we can, in my opinion, see the effects of God everywhere; if only by faith.[VERSE=Hebrews 11:27,KJV]By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.[/VERSE]And the best secular example I can think of is gravity.

We can't see God, but we can see His effects: BC/AD, buildings, hymns, Scripture on public & private buildings, holidays, etc.

A *lot* of physics is based upon studying the *effects*, and proposing a potential cause to explain that effect. Only atheists seem to *presume* that all physics is based upon *empirically verified* cause/effect relationships, when in fact the exact opposite is often true.

GR for instance presumes that gravity is a geometric effect of spacetime curvature that is "caused" by the concentration of mass/energy, whereas QM concepts of gravity *assume* a carrier particle called a "graviton' is the real
"cause" of gravity, and the real cause of the effects of gravity which we are able to observe.

Cause is *often* in debate, even in science. Only atheists *require* some sort of established 'cause' with respect to explaining 'observed effects', and typically only with respect to the topic of God. It's a complete double standard, particularly when they are using "science" and the scientific method as their surrogate source of truthiness.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I totally agree.

Those are the effects of people worshipping God. I wouldn't call them scientific evidence of God.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cause is *often* in debate, even in science. Only atheists *require* some sort of established 'cause' with respect to explaining 'observed effects', and typically only with respect to the topic of God. It's a complete double standard, particularly when they are using "science" and the scientific method as their surrogate source of truthiness.
Let's not just lay this at the atheists' feet though, eh?

I think "evolutionists" would be a better word.

A lot of others have sold their souls to science as well.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are the effects of people worshipping God. I wouldn't call them scientific evidence of God.
Would you call "falling" scientific evidence of gravity?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Would you call "falling" scientific evidence of gravity?

If it can be examined, tested, and used to create a model with predictive ability.

Honestly I don't think that you and I are in opposition considering our views on this topic, from my perspective it seems like you are just trying to argue some kind of nitpick solely for the sake of arguing with me about something.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly I don't think that you and I are in opposition considering our views on this topic, from my perspective it seems like you are just trying to argue some kind of nitpick solely for the sake of arguing with me about something.
Either that, or you called me out on saying there's no evidence for God.

I may have said that ... and if I did, I was wrong.

There is no physical evidence for God, but earth is dotted with heresay evidence (i.e., testimonies), forged from personal relationships with Jesus Christ (see Hebrews 11).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.