Science meets Comedy: why can't we agree to laugh? :)

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I looked up "scientific comedy" and got a great result (the first hit actually):

"Scientist turned comedian"

I don't know what his credentials are, but his comedy really hit the mark!

This got me thinking: a past thought bubble of mine was that there is no scientific way to laugh (or at least if there is, it gradually becomes less funny over time), but since then I've gone on to think that the value of the comedy does not diminish with time, even though technically if you missed out on an evolution because of comedy, you'd be pretty determined to do something about it - in principle, and this has left me with the distinct impression that the joke - be it Evolution or something else - could definitely be on me...

..what if we agreed to stop laughing about God creating us? The first thought you would have would likely be "but I'm not laughing at God", but if you are saying to get to a Man God starts with a monkey, that's basically what you are doing? I know it sounds muddled, but if the people who were laughing would step up and own up to those who were not (laughing), we would have the beginning of an agreement that somethings that some people find funny are not necessarily funny ALL THE TIME.

This is important Evolutionarily, even, since no culture that doesn't vary its tropes over time can ultimately incorporate the survival of those tropes into the culture of survival it may begin to define itself by. I'm saying, get your jokes remarkability up, before the entire culture dies? If we can do this sensibly, for both parties here - Creation and Evolution - it may mean flourishing for both of us?

Anyway, I am interested to hear your thoughts on this, before I post anything in the science forum,, because basically I can only do that if I know you've checked my armour first!

Thanks for your time.