Montgomery
✟137,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Just because you don't think much of her doesn't mean she isn't capable. A LOT of people think she's quite good at her job.
2. Your assumption is that they are only chosen because they're gay and not because they have some skills. Maybe the tissue is their gayness is all you see and it clouds your judgement.

I don't even want to get in to the wonder bread choices for Trump who were terrible at their job. They had nothing going for them;why were they chosen?
I can't support what Trump did after the election or many of the things he said but his administration accomplished quite a bit. Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟137,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given the context was press secretaries, I was talking about press secretaries though not explicitly stated.
Biden's press secretaries have an advantage. They only have one reporter who asks tough questions.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟137,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awww .yeah that's right. Anyone related to trump had a harder job.
When it came to dealing with the media they did. He got a lot of coverage and most of it was negative. The media seemed to believe they had a moral obligation to take him out. He provided them with a lot of ammo but hardly anything positive was reported. Biden is starting to get some tough questions now but he's been treated with kid gloves compared to Trump. Trump made a lot of money for the MSM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course they can manage.
You could manage a shipyard.
I could manage a basketball team.

Just not, you know, very well.
Clearly a board of directors is not required to be technicians That is basic to business management 101

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thats for the sake of civilian control, which we value very highly in our system. For every other purpose, its probably a bad idea.
Regardless, the President is in charge of the military and has no military experience that should have been blatantly obvious based on our withdrawal from Afghanistan

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just like 'knowing better than the generals', these candidates are not interested in experts. They are one-issue candidates. And their issue is science denial.
Based on what? Show me the evidence to support that claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,211.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Despite having a higher percentage of their population vaccinated and boosted, they skyrocketed past the US in numbers of infections.

People interested in facts, evidence and logic might question why that is.

And why it happened just as a new variant appeared, one which was more infectious, appeared.
If vaccines "completely failed to slow the spread of COVID", it is strange weird that for much of the time those vaccines were used that the country with a higher rate of vaccination had much lower spread.
Perhaps "People interested in facts, evidence and logic might question why that is."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Regardless, the President is in charge of the military and has no military experience that should have been blatantly obvious based on our withdrawal from Afghanistan
Sounds like youre agreeing with me on the value of top leadership having some expertise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It targets the promiscuous. The more partners you have the greater chance you have to catch. How much do you think it ‘plagues’ lesbians?

Is it your contention that gay men as a group are extremely more promiscuous than either lesbians, bisexuals or heterosexuals?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Is it your contention that gay men as a group are extremely more promiscuous than either lesbians, bisexuals or heterosexuals?
Yeah. Not ‘extremely’ but on balance man are more wired for one night stands.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Based on what? Show me the evidence to support that claim.

3 out of the 4 are anti-vaccination.

One of the candidates literally checked himself out of the hospital and 'treated' himself at home, because:

"If I went to the hospital, I believed I would die," said Rohe

Should we call him a medicine denier to be more accurate?

These candidates are rallying behind the theme of "medical freedom." The term is increasingly being utilized by the conservative movement nationwide and hits a belief that patients aren't given enough control over their medical care.

All medical care is given on a basis of informed consent; patients do have control. What these people are saying is that patients should be able to request and receive treatments that have not been demonstrated to be safe and effective in properly blinded and randomized scientific studies. They want to receive treatments based on their feelings, rather than the scientific facts. Coronavirus doesn't care about your feelings.

These candidates' single issue is anti-science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And why it happened just as a new variant appeared, one which was more infectious, appeared.
If vaccines "completely failed to slow the spread of COVID", it is strange weird that for much of the time those vaccines were used that the country with a higher rate of vaccination had much lower spread.

February 10, 2021 marked the beginning of the COVID vaccination campaign in South Korea. Let's see where that falls on the epi curve;

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.36.56 AM.png

So for almost the whole first year of the pandemic, from March 1, 2020 to February 20, 2021, no vaccines were available and infections in South Korea stayed at very low numbers. After vaccination began, the chart above seems to show neither an increase or decrease in infections for months. That is, until you zoom in and use a log scale;

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.37.47 AM.png

Now, you can see infections slowly creeping up and a clear upward trend in infections becomes quite obvious, not from the time new variants emerged, but from the very first day of the mass vaccination campaign. In fact, the only day with a lower infection rate once vaccination began was February 13, 2021 with an infection rate of 7.25 per million. Every other day since vaccination has begun in South Korea has a higher infection rate than the first day vaccinations were introduced.

Perhaps "People interested in facts, evidence and logic might question why that is."

Indeed.

Feel free to point out on any epi curve in any location anywhere in the world where you can see a correlation between the introduction of vaccines in the reduction of infections.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What these people are saying is that patients should be able to request and receive treatments that have not been demonstrated to be safe and effective in properly blinded and randomized scientific studies. They want to receive treatments based on their feelings, rather than the scientific facts. Coronavirus doesn't care about your feelings.

Are you talking about Paxlovid? Do you know how many RCT's have been done on Paxlovid use in vaccinated people? 0. Do you know how much the government paid for the initial Paxlovid contract? >$5 BILLION.

Yet we give Paxlovid to vaccinated and boosted people (up to and including the President of the United States) and we have absolutely no idea if it provides any benefit to them whatsoever. Anti-science indeed.

• Informative
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
When it came to dealing with the media they did. He got a lot of coverage and most of it was negative. The media seemed to believe they had a moral obligation to take him out. He provided them with a lot of ammo but hardly anything positive was reported. Biden is starting to get some tough questions now but he's been treated with kid gloves compared to Trump. Trump made a lot of money for the MSM.
It’s been ever so long ago, but I think that I seem to remember that the last “press Secretary” for the Trump Administration gave very few/zero daily press briefings.
Or was I dreaming that?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟137,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s been ever so long ago, but I think that I seem to remember that the last “press Secretary” for the Trump Administration gave very few/zero daily press briefings.
Or was I dreaming that?
Why did he even need a press secretary when he couldn't keep his mouth shut for 10 minutes? He was either talking to the press or tweeting .

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,211.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Now, you can see infections slowly creeping up and a clear upward trend in infections becomes quite obvious, not from the time new variants emerged, but from the very first day of the mass vaccination campaign. In fact, the only day with a lower infection rate once vaccination began was February 13, 2021 with an infection rate of 7.25 per million. Every other day since vaccination has begun in South Korea has a higher infection rate than the first day vaccinations were introduced.

That's nice. How does it demonstrate that the vaccines "completely failed to slow the spread of COVID"? Seems like there would have to be some data to show how vaccinated versus unvaccinated people fared rather than just the raw fact that a highly infectious disease spread in a population which had both groups of people.

Feel free to point out on any epi curve in any location anywhere in the world where you can see a correlation between the introduction of vaccines in the reduction of infections.

Or we could look at how people who actually know what they're doing research the effectiveness of vaccines. For example
Vaccination Rates and New COVID-19 Infections by US County, July-August 2021

Areas with low vaccination experienced a more intense surge of new cases during the third wave of the pandemic in the US, primarily driven by the Delta variant.
Or DEFINE_ME

US counties with ≥ 80% of their residents ≥ 12 years of age fully vaccinated against COVID-19 had 30% (95% CI: 25−35; P < .001) and 46% (38−52; P < .001) lower rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths, respectively, versus those with <50% coverage (reference group).
I can't help but notice how different this actual research looks versus trying to reverse engineer an anti-vaxx narrative from a single cherry-picked example.

Upvote 0