Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've got a better idea.

Stop wasteful politicians from spending ungodly amounts of money on things we don't need to be spending money on.

It won't "solve" the problem in itself, but it is a good first few hundred steps in the right direction.

• Agree
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop wasteful politicians from spending ungodly amounts of money on things we don't need to be spending money on.
Agreed. We the people, have to stop looking at Washington DC as our ATM, but that would require some teaching on the Constitution, and how we are to be self-governed. Maybe, just maybe, we should "seek first, the kingdom of God" Matthew 6:33

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This inflation is due to Biden's energy policies, turn on the spigots and it goes away. Inflation is already dishonestly kicking Americans into higher tax brackets.

How is inflation due to Biden's energy policies? While I certainly think Biden isn't doing enough to fight inflation, that is an argument I haven't heard. I'm curious to see how you back it up.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is inflation due to Biden's energy policies? While I certainly think Biden isn't doing enough to fight inflation, that is an argument I haven't heard. I'm curious to see how you back it up.

I think it is a common belief that increasing the price of energy basically increases the price of everything else. If you Google something like "how energy policies affect inflation" you will find many articles about it. Now it may be worth it in the long term, but I don't think anyone is saying increased energy costs don't contribute to inflation.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think it is a common belief that increasing the price of energy basically increases the price of everything else. If you Google something like "how energy policies affect inflation" you will find many articles about it. Now it may be worth it in the long term, but I don't think anyone is saying increased energy costs don't contribute to inflation.
Energy prices definitely contribute to inflation, but they aren't the only driver. And considering high inflation is hitting most of the world right now, blaming the whole thing on energy policies in one country, and ones that really onl effect future demand, doesn't make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Energy prices definitely contribute to inflation, but they aren't the only driver. And considering high inflation is hitting most of the world right now, blaming the whole thing on energy policies in one country, and ones that really onl effect future demand, doesn't make sense.
It never even occurred to me to blame all of inflation on energy policies. I was merely pointing out that energy policies can contribute to inflation. To what extent can vary. Are you trying to respond to someone's else post?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It never even occurred to me to blame all of inflation on energy policies. I was merely pointing out that energy policies can contribute to inflation. To what extent can vary. Are you trying to respond to someone's else post?
No, more building off of what you said.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This inflation is due to Biden's energy policies, turn on the spigots and it goes away. Inflation is already dishonestly kicking Americans into higher tax brackets.
Inflation has very little to do with Biden, unless you want to give him credit for getting us out of the pandemic and recession.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at that list.
#1 is about regulations that apply to, and I quote "new, modified and reconstructed oil and natural gas sources,". So it will only effect new construction, not any capacity we currently have.
#2 The regulations that were overturned by Congress also only applied to new construction, not current capacity.
#3 This was a halt on new leases, not effecting any that are already granted. And that order was also already stricken down last summer. And a couple of weeks ago Biden announced a new leasing plan.
#4 The Keystone XL pipeline wouldn't be operational until some point next year anyway, and even if it was, it was for transporting oil from canada to the gulf. It wouldn't effect current oil supply at all, just make it a bit cheaper to be shipped.
#5 New standards that again will only apply to new construction.
#9 The Paris Accords are voluntary and aspirational, not mandatory.
#10 There is no obvious connection between higher prices and more staff in the White House helping to determine energy policy.
#11 This is a funding program to support projects that will in the long term reduce carbon admissions. It has nothing to do with the current energy supply.

I could go on, but the simple fact is that none of the things on your list have anything to do with current oil supply or are as easy to fix as "turning on the spigots." Do some of the policies Biden implemented have implications for energy costs in the future? Sure. But none of them can be tied to current energy costs. And of course that doesn't take into account the fact that inflation is high globally.

The problem with your list is #1. Biden stopped new production of oil and
gas and he did this while signing oil and trade contract with the Russians.
In other words, he gave the leftists his promise not to add new fossil fuel
production in the US, but behind their backs, signed a contract with the Russians, which he had to cancel when they invaded the Ukraine.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem with your list is #1. Biden stopped new production of oil and
gas and he did this while signing oil and trade contract with the Russians.
In other words, he gave the leftists his promise not to add new fossil fuel
production in the US, but behind their backs, signed a contract with the Russians, which he had to cancel when they invaded the Ukraine.
The problem with your position is that it's not factual. Domestic oil production is up and predicated to reach record numbers in 2023, according to the EIA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He didn't blame Putin for inflation but listed him as one of the reasons, which is factual. Inflation began with the opening up of the economy. At the end of recessions, inflation begins. Markets couldn't keep up with the demand and inflation soared. Putin had nothing to do with that but when he began massing troops on the border of Ukraine, stock markets reacted and oil prices began to soar. This led to greater inflationary numbers so Putin is to blame for that.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Listen to the words that are spoken in the video. List or not he said it. Look at the timeline of actions, they tell you a story.

Matthew 7:15-20
I listened to the video but I also listened to what isn't in the video.

Upvote 0